2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The NFL gave Gronk back to Brady. You guys are the only team who missed out on a LT who where supposedly interested in one. That's why I brung my question here. I've always been on the side of not trading Williams unless it's for a 2nd round pick or higher. Dude is top 5 in protecting the QB, that has Vaule in itself in my book. I understand other's may disagree. 

I don't see Williams sitting out 2 consecutive seasons, so I'm fine with keeping him 1 last year to protect Haskins. Then next year looking for his replacement. Guys I would want at 58 are Trevon Diggs, Xavier McKinney, Tee Higgins, or Grant Delpit. 

If there's as much hatred between Williams and organization as there appears to be, he will sit out 2 consecutive seasons and have no problems doing so.    

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Williams set out 1 season. He last season played in 2018-2019, his peers voted him in the top 100. 

I just think it's an awful lot to ask considering his age, health history and the fact that he hasn't played in 18 months.  No one is going to offer more than a late 3rd at best.  There's too many question marks to warrant anything higher.  So, your organization will likely have to take that or nothing, because he ain't gonna play for them.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If there's as much hatred between Williams and organization as there appears to be, he will sit out 2 consecutive seasons and have no problems doing so.    

Williams didn't sit out last year because of Rivera, he sat out because Bruce Allen. Bruce Allen and that previous medical staff is gone. William's now wants money No team is willing to give him. 

He really misses out on 2 consecutive years of NFL pay? 

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I just think it's an awful lot to ask considering his age, health history and the fact that he hasn't played in 18 months.  No one is going to offer more than a late 3rd at best.  There's too many question marks to warrant anything higher.  So, your organization will likely have to take that or nothing, because he ain't gonna play for them.  

Age hasn't affected his play. As proven his last year plaing he was voted in the top 100. 

People can try to dis vaule that he protects QB's but I bet many QB's would want him protecting their Blindside. A reason I'm fine keeping William's so he can protect Haskins. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Williams didn't sit out last year because of Rivera, he sat out because Bruce Allen. Bruce Allen and that previous medical staff is gone. William's now wants money No team is willing to give him. 

He really misses out on 2 consecutive years of NFL pay? 

Maybe @Virginia Viking can offer a better perspective than I, since he actually lives in the area, but I'd have to think that it is just more than Bruce Allen, just as it was more than Bruce Allen for why Cousins fell out of favor with them.  It's the entire organizational dysfunction.  If it was just that, Trent Williams would already be preparing to negotiate with them.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Age hasn't affected his play. As proven his last year plaing he was voted in the top 100. 

People can try to dis vaule that he protects QB's but I bet many QB's would want him protecting their Blindside. A reason I'm fine keeping William's so he can protect Haskins. 

We don't know whether age has affected his play, simply because he hasn't played in 18 months.  You can say that age hasn't affected his play, but he was 29-30 the last time he played...he's now going to be 32.  That's when lots of players begin to fall off.  

Edited by swede700

The top 100 program is a popularity contest and holds next to no weight on actual capability. Arguably, his worst season was the last that he played. There is no telling if age has or hasn't effected his play, at least not by you, me, or anyone here. The only thing that can be reasonably assumed is that his play could have dropped off due to age because that is just how the human body works in most cases: it degrades over time.

• Like 1

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Thank you all for the feedback, I don't want to take the fun out of the draft by starting a debate. Once again, Thanks for the Feedback. Enjoy Your Teams Draft!!!!

The debate is half the fun! It's completely worthwhile to have an open discourse and relay differing opinions.

Thank you all for the feedback, I don't want to take the fun out of the draft by starting a debate. Once again, Thanks for the Feedback. Enjoy Your Teams Draft!!!!

Not a problem...good luck!  We'll see what happens...;)

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Maybe @Virginia Viking can offer a better perspective than I, since he actually lives in the area, but I'd have to think that it is just more than Bruce Allen, just as it was more than Bruce Allen for why Cousins fell out of favor with them.  It's the entire organizational dysfunction.  If it was just that, Trent Williams would already be preparing to negotiate with them.

I mean...if you were Trent Williams, why in the world would you play for that franchise after they have done everything they can to ruin you out of small, petty power issues?  I have heard that Williams wants to be the highest paid lineman in the NFL.  That worries me...as I don't see anyway that the Vikings will be able to afford him at that level.  However, if he REALLY wants to leave DC...and who could blame him for that...Minnesota is half a continent away from where Danny Snyder lives.  I believe that Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden were only upholding the wishes of the Little General.

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Thanks for stopping by to check on our level of interest. If you ever want to talk about a trade of Scherff I would love to have him. In the meantime, I hope the best for your team and hope they draft well. I have a personal interest in seeing the Redskins do well as they are a division rival of the much hated Dallas Cowboys. Do what you have to do to beat them twice. Thanks

• Like 1