2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Yep. I agree with this. I understand why everyone has been so focused on it, but I don't think it's warranted either.

Aaron Jones was our best and most productive WR once Adams went down.  Sorry, a lot of people who say that our WR room is fine are the sesame guys who called Jmon Moore an "elite prospect".  The same Jmon M more that needed 3/4 of a season before he could even make a practice squad. 

Our group of pass catchers is as bad as any in the league.  One quality WR and absolutely NOTHING at TE.  At TE we're banking on a guy who showed NOTHING as a receiver his rookie year.  

I'm not sure there are 5 teams in the league that have less talent in regards to pass catchers.  It's one down of football wasn't watched last year because this is exactly the same sort of thing we heard last year minus the hundreds of posts gushing about how great Jmon Moore was going to be because he was a Packer.  

I heard it said the BPA as a draft strategy doesn't really exist. Well that's the only explanation for what the Packers are doing. I'm not saying Love and Dillon were or weren't the best players available when picked but the Packers must think they were. Because they sure as hell aren't addressing needs. Who knows, maybe it will work out.

Just now, SSG said:

Aaron Jones was our best and most productive WR once Adams went down.  Sorry, a lot of people who say that our WR room is fine are the sesame guys who called Jmon Moore an "elite prospect".  The same Jmon M more that needed 3/4 of a season before he could even make a practice squad. 

Our group of pass catchers is as bad as any in the league.  One quality WR and absolutely NOTHING at TE.  At TE we're banking on a guy who showed NOTHING as a receiver his rookie year.  

I'm not sure there are 5 teams in the league that have less talent in regards to pass catchers.  It's one down of football wasn't watched last year because this is exactly the same sort of thing we heard last year minus the hundreds of posts gushing about how great Jmon Moore was going to be because he was a Packer.  

Pass catchers no longer matter. 

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Honestly I feel like I see a very different player on film than most people seem to be seeing, because I agree with you. He's certainly not afraid of contact at all, but I don't see a really aggressive, physical runner there despite his size. He gets taken down by the first guy a lot more than you'd expect.

That being said, he was also carrying such a load that it'll be interesting to see what he's like fresher in games. A 245 lb back averaging 24 carries a game for 13 games and 5 games of 30+ is not going to be the best showing of what he'll be like in the NFL.

He had 1104 yards after contact last year.

• Like 2

Zach Kruse -  A.J. Dillon forced 81 missed tackles (fifth-most) and rushed for 1,106 yards after contact (sixth-most) last season, per PFF who ranked Dillon as a seventh-round pick. They credited Dillon with 198 broken tackles between 2017-19, the third-most behind only Jonathan Taylor and Zack Moss.

Tony Pauline -  There were only a few good fits for AJ Dillon’s style & talents, GB was 1 of them. His pounding, grind it out skills immediately improves the Packers running game. Dillon is a throwback of sorts, a cold-weather back with a punishing style.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

This doesn’t take into account we could have drafted another Moore this year who didn’t pan out? 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -  A.J. Dillon forced 81 missed tackles (fifth-most) and rushed for 1,106 yards after contact (sixth-most) last season, per PFF who ranked Dillon as a seventh-round pick. They credited Dillon with 198 broken tackles between 2017-19, the third-most behind only Jonathan Taylor and Zack Moss.

Tony Pauline -  There were only a few good fits for AJ Dillon’s style & talents, GB was 1 of them. His pounding, grind it out skills immediately improves the Packers running game. Dillon is a throwback of sorts, a cold-weather back with a punishing style.

PFF gave him a 7th round grade? That’s beyond stupid. 

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I heard it said the BPA as a draft strategy doesn't really exist. Well that's the only explanation for what the Packers are doing. I'm not saying Love and Dillon were or weren't the best players available when picked but the Packers must think they were. Because they sure as hell aren't addressing needs. Who knows, maybe it will work out.

They're building the LaFleur offense. Mobile QB with a big arm. Huge RB that can block, run, and catch a little, big WR corps of physical guys that can block and can get deep on play action. One really good blocking TE. One smaller TE that can play slot, inline, and H-back. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

54% of WR snaps last year came from UDFAs. That is unheard of.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

They're building the LaFleur offense. Mobile QB with a big arm. Huge RB that can block, run, and catch a little, big WR corps of physical guys that can block and can get deep on play action. One really good blocking TE. One smaller TE that can play slot, inline, and H-back. 

eh, logic jump here.

They all know that AJ Dillon and Love aren't likely to build their careers together.

Ryan Wood -  AJ Dillon wanted to make this clear about his 845 college carries: "I would echo this to everybody across the Packers Nation: I’m good to go, healthy as can be. I had a lot of carries, but that just shows I can handle the workload, I can be the workhorse."