2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's largely two types of fans: the die-hards and the casual fans.  Not much of a middle ground in that sense.

Oh, I know and it's a huge reason why I don't listen to sports radio. The call-ins are brutal. People think that because they were a cheesehead, they are a diehard. Yet, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Just now, CWood21 said:

There's largely two types of fans: the die-hards and the casual fans.  Not much of a middle ground in that sense.

The casual fan is going to go by what they see right in front of them, and are going to take the "advice" of the talking heads.  The die-hard is generally a bit more open-minded, but they're also a bit more gullible.  The reality is somewhere in between the two.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There aren't any casual fans that argue on the internet with their internet friends well into the night.  A casual fan is like my dad.  He does his best to watch the Packers when he can.  He doesn't care about the draft.  He called me this afternoon to ask who we drafted last night, and if the guy was any good.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Pros: Pretty feet at size, vision, drive, massive quads, good dude?

Cons: Mileage, passing game prowess, Limited speed, not afraid of contact but hes not a bruiser

Glad someone else noticed that he doesn't play like a power back. How the frick do you take a 250pnd finesse runner in the 2nd round? It's like drafting Darrell Thompson all over again. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Then it's subjective so there's no point to the discussion.

It is absolutely subjective. That's why I don't think the value was there, you're acting like anyone who disagrees with that notion is a dumbass.

2 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

Henry had about 250 less carries in college though. That's not even a little bit of a worry?

2 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Glad someone else noticed that he doesn't play like a power back. How the frick do you take a 250pnd finesse runner in the 2nd round? It's like drafting Darrell Thompson all over again. 

To be clear I don't think he's finesse either. If he thinks he can avoid contact he will but if it's coming he'll get dirty.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

It is absolutely subjective. That's why I don't think the value was there, you're acting like anyone who disagrees with that notion is a dumbass.

How am I acting like that? How do you get that from that little bit? I literally just said it wasn't worth a discussion because the perception of value is subjective. That's all. I think he was worth the pick. Considering the hit/miss rate on draft picks, the fact that we got 2 really good years out of him and he made a positive impact on the field, means we got value out of the pick. 

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Henry had about 250 less carries in college though. That's not even a little bit of a worry?

AJ Dillon wanted to make this clear about his 845 college carries: "I would echo this to everybody across the Packers Nation: I’m good to go, healthy as can be. I had a lot of carries, but that just shows I can handle the workload, I can be the workhorse."

I think he'll be fine, If we are going by running back by committee he's not gonna be getting all the carries.