2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think we've come to the conclusion that the GMs felt higher on AJ Dillon than draftniks did.

But why don't people like Dillon? Or do we now love Aaron Jones like we love Aaron Rodgers? Guy could be an Eddie Lacy for us.  IMO Lacy was a solid player that kept the team competitive for a couple of seasons.  Get a decent RB.  Just don't pay them.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But why don't people like Dillon? Or do we now love Aaron Jones like we love Aaron Rodgers? Guy could be an Eddie Lacy for us.  IMO Lacy was a solid player that kept the team competitive for a couple of seasons.  Get a decent RB.  Just don't pay them.

Tread on the tires and lack of pass catching ability are some of the main ones.

Just now, HawaiiFan808 said:

Tread on the tires and lack of pass catching ability are some of the main ones.

Has he taken that much punishment that he can't give us 3 solid seasons and then be flushed? He is a RB, I am against re-signing him to a second contract, unless it is for back-up money.  

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Because RB wasn't a need.  People (including myself) didn't really do the research into RBs, ergo it's a very likely situation that AJ Dillon was valued higher than draftniks did.

We're going to love Dillon on 3rd and shorts, he does not go down easily. He's also very nimble and can accelerate quickly for his size.  This game shows a lot of what he's made of.

I don't like drafting a RB this early this year, but I don't mind the player after watching him a bit.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well, not really, I guess. The Packers fan base are all knowing because Mel Kiper or Daniel Jeremiah told them so.

There's largely two types of fans: the die-hards and the casual fans.  Not much of a middle ground in that sense.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Because RB wasn't a need.  People (including myself) didn't really do the research into RBs, ergo it's a very likely situation that AJ Dillon was valued higher than draftniks did.

But RB is always a need.  Get a fresh guy, run him into the ground, then let him go in FA.  We have 2 solid RBs on roster, but both are FAs after this season.  Don't pay them, get a newer cheaper one.  It is like getting an extended warranty on a TV.   Don't do it.  Just buy a new one.