3.89 - MIN: Cameron Dantzler DB/Mississippi State

RpMc

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

So at the end of the day, how does Dantzler compare to Trae Waynes, as a Viking? Seems this was a well calculated move. Dantzler keeps getting better when he’s out there.

Right now, I’d say the rookie corners are better than what the Vikings got from their vets in 2019. Promising for moving forward. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 6:54 AM, vikingsrule said:

So at the end of the day, how does Dantzler compare to Trae Waynes, as a Viking? Seems this was a well calculated move. Dantzler keeps getting better when he’s out there.

Waynes was a better tackler.  He was one of the best in the league at that.  Dantzler is getting INT's though, and that's something Waynes hardly ever did.  I like how Dantzler looks to find the ball before it gets there, instead of the way Waynes would just wait for the guy to catch it and then take him down.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I have to remind myself not to be upset with the Gladney pick. I preferred other corners over him but he's been decent and should be a perfect fit at NCB for us.

Dantzler though...man he could be great!

I don't think you should be upset at the Gladney pick, he's a Zimmer corner through and through. He is a fighter, he plays scrappy and he never gives up on a play. He will get beat and he will get flagged, but he will also make plays on the ball which will cause QBs to think twice about throwing to him. I think he's comparable to corners like Marcus Peters or Jalen Ramsey in that regard, although I'm not sure he will be as good as either, yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I don't think you should be upset at the Gladney pick, he's a Zimmer corner through and through. He is a fighter, he plays scrappy and he never gives up on a play. He will get beat and he will get flagged, but he will also make plays on the ball which will cause QBs to think twice about throwing to him. I think he's comparable to corners like Marcus Peters or Jalen Ramsey in that regard, although I'm not sure he will be as good as either, yet.

Yeah, he's shown better than some of our other young corners starting their careers, especially Waynes and Hughes. I do like him and could see a big jump in year 2.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Dantzler is a stud. If his body/frame holds up, he'll be special. Gladney is going to be a great complementary player as well. Now, we just need another solid outside CB for when Gladney goes to the slot, and we absolutely need more depth. 

I still have some hope for Hughes. Hopefully a season’s worth of rehab, and what will likely be closer to a normal offseason will get him healthy.