Sign in to follow this  
615finest

2020 3rd Round Pick RB Darrynton Evans

I'm all about it. I wasn't expecting him and didn't watch a lot, but I loved what I saw.

Perfect complement on paper. No fumbles in his college career is awesome. Return potential as well.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

this kid can fly, wow. he looks faster than his combine 4.43, possibly somewhere in the 4.3 range. i don’t see a ton of wiggle but he’s got good balance and gets upfield really quick. there’s also a lot of outside zone on that highlight tape which i’m sure our coaches liked- he’ll fit right in. i kinda see a poor man’s alvin kamara (i said POOR MAN’S, don’t roast me lol)

Exciting pick. Hope he can add some more explosion to our offense 

Honestly, I would rather have had Eno Benjamin, and I thought it was a tad early, but where we've all been projecting players and where they've been going is all over the place, so maybe this is the right range.

Definitely fits what we need.

Seems a little early for this type of player but if he gets touches and production game day it will be worth it.   Hopefully he is quick to read and pick up the blitz

I don’t think it was too early. Outside of Henry we have no others RBs that offer anything

13 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I don’t think it was too early. Outside of Henry we have no others RBs that offer anything

Exactly. Need depth. This guy can hopefully get about 80 carries in the regular season to keep Henry fresher for the stretch run.

It’s a good pick. He’s definitely what we need. Can be a returner and a 3rd down back. Has speed to really be a change of pace guy. Fast one cut guy.

im kind of "meh" so far with him. need to see him with us.. don't like that he doesn't have much wiggle to him to be a small back. its all one cut and go, which maybe a good thing behind our o line and the holes they open up. he doesn't create to many of his own yards, meaning he takes what ever the open hole gives him and once he's hit, for the most part, he's hit right there and the play is over. he does fight hard tho..

The thing I like about him is that he has no hesitation. He's always looking to square his shoulders and get upfield.

So long as he can be a threat not just as a pass catcher but also as a runner (unlike Dion) I like the pick. We can't tip our hand to a pass play every time Henry goes to the sideline.

21 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Im sure I'm not the only one, but I see a lot of Kamara in him.... 

Kind of reminds me of a poor man’s version of Sony Michelle. Kamara has more juke & wiggle to him. I’ve been watching some highlights of his & he’s like Sony one cut & hit the hole waste no time, plays behind his pads.