The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I knew we were in on the Brady sweepstakes, it made so much sense. And Brady would have drawn in tons of elite defensive talent. 

****in Gruden. May have cost us a Super Bowl. 

I remember we were the most vocal that Brady always coming to Vegas. Apparently it was a done deal. Ridiculous Gruden costs us again

20 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Am I the only one who didn't want Brady to be a Raider?

Nope. 

He wouldn't have made a hill of beans' difference. 

He still looks good, even great, but he's surrounded by an incredible amount of talent on the field and coaches in the locker room. That wouldn't have been the case here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nope. 

He wouldn't have made a hill of beans' difference. 

He still looks good, even great, but he's surrounded by an incredible amount of talent on the field and coaches in the locker room. That wouldn't have been the case here. 

Brady would have brought in his own guys. And players would have wanted to play here. Team would have looked totally different. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Brady would have brought in his own guys. And players would have wanted to play here. Team would have looked totally different. 

Really? I wasn't aware he was offered the GM and HC spot? 

He and Gruden would've mixed about as well as oil and water, and it would've just been the same train wreck we ultimately got, if not worse. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Really? I wasn't aware he was offered the GM and HC spot? 

He and Gruden would've mixed about as well as oil and water, and it would've just been the same train wreck we ultimately got, if not worse. 

Would of had Gronk. Probably would have traded Waller for a 1st, and got a WR with that 1st. Likely would have drawn in a couple defensive pieces as well. Not to mention we were one play away from beating the AFC Champion Bengals and Brady is miles and miles and miles better than Derek Carr regardless of what this forum thinks. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Would of had Gronk. Probably would have traded Waller for a 1st, and got a WR with that 1st. Likely would have drawn in a couple defensive pieces as well. Not to mention we were one play away from beating the AFC Champion Bengals and Brady is miles and miles and miles better than Derek Carr regardless of what this forum thinks. 

2020/2021 signings were:

Trade for a retired Gronkowski 

Joe Haeg- in Pittsburgh

Lesean McCoy-retired

Leonard Fournette

Antonio Brown-practically blacklisted from the league

Giovanni Bernard

Richard Sherman-retired

We would've ditched Waller for a now re-retired Gronk? Lol. Ok. 

We took a WR round 1 in 2020, if you forgot. It busted hard on us. We also took two in round 3, one we cut, and one who we traded away already.

I know you don't like Carr, but come on, you're overstating Brady's ability to "bring guys in" by a couple miles. Tampa was stacked when he got there. He didn't really bring anyone of note in aside from Leonard Fournette who was given peanuts and a handful of bad games from probably being out of the league altogether. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Paul Guenther would have been calling the talentless defense. Gruden/Mayock would have been drafting the players.

Team would not have looked "totally different" and would never have made a Super Bowl. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 7

I'm still waiting on an answer as to who Tom Brady would have brought in, other than a couple of now-retired coattailers, that would've given us a Superbowl in 2020 or 2021. 

Let's see the "Brady effect" in writing. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Paul Guenther would have been calling the talentless defense. Gruden/Mayock would have been drafting the players.

Team would not have looked "totally different" and would never have made a Super Bowl. 

Completely agree.  Even if you want to play the "Brady would've got us two more wins" kinda game, we still would've only been 10-6 and missed the playoffs. 

And that's all assuming he survived behind our patchwork OL that year with Sam Young at RT.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm still waiting on an answer as to who Tom Brady would have brought in, other than a couple of now-retired coattailers, that would've given us a Superbowl in 2020 or 2021. 

Let's see the "Brady effect" in writing. 

We would of traded Carr for multiple draft picks if we signed Brady. This would of been year 3 of Brady in Vegas. 

Also, who Knows who would of signed here instead of the people we got Brady:  We don’t how that would of changed negotiations in FA or trades

What’s funny is that people on this board denied all speculation that Brady was on his way to Vegas. Now that it has been proven that Gruden blew up the deal, now everyone is saying Brady wouldn’t have made a difference anyway lol yea right

If Carr got us to the playoffs with mid play last year, Brady would of took up deep