The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wake me up when carr wins a playoff game 

Give Carr some WR talent and not be playing with the worst D of the decade and he will easily win playoff games.  Once again you lack the fundamental understanding that football is a team game and wins and losses are not solely on a QB.   That is football 101 and you clearly can not grasp that concept. 

Are you implying that Kap is a better QB than Carr because he has won a playoff game and made a SB appearance? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr isn’t the definition of “mediocre”?

I agree coaching and experience Changes a player hopefully for the better

I dont think so, I believe Carr is an above average to good starting QB with the potential to be a Pro Bowl quality player. With Carr and decent talent and coaching I would expect play similar to 2016, he's never going to be Brett Favre or Rich Gannon but if he can keep mistakes low but be a little more aggressive and trust his receivers a little more then we as a fan base should expect a top 10 to 12 kind of return I would hope. Average guys I would reckon to be Dalton, Goff, Fitz, Winston that kind of level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Give Carr some WR talent and not be playing with the worst D of the decade and he will easily win playoff games.  Once again you lack the fundamental understanding that football is a team game and wins and losses are not solely on a QB.   That is football 101 and you clearly can not grasp that concept. 

Oh you mean like when kap almost single handedly beat gb and arod by himself in his first ever playoff game at age 19?

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:
9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wake me up when carr wins a playoff game 

Are you implying that Kap is a better QB than Carr because he has won a playoff game and made a SB appearance? 

I know you're a level headed guy with a good knowledge NCoughan, in honesty, do you think Carr and the Raiders would have been capable of beating the Texans in 2016/2017 if he hadn't gotten injured? I think it likely we would have so its a poor point I feel as he simply didn't get that chance, maybe we should look at it as he's undefeated in the playoffs 😁😁😁

Criticise him for being risk averse, for not wanting to scramble, for getting the ball out too soon, for not taking chances on 3rd or 4th down I think that is all fair, playoff games is not a good nor valid criticism in my mind.

30 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I know you're a level headed guy with a good knowledge NCoughan, in honesty, do you think Carr and the Raiders would have been capable of beating the Texans in 2016/2017 if he hadn't gotten injured? I think it likely we would have so its a poor point I feel as he simply didn't get that chance, maybe we should look at it as he's undefeated in the playoffs 😁😁😁

Criticise him for being risk averse, for not wanting to scramble, for getting the ball out too soon, for not taking chances on 3rd or 4th down I think that is all fair, playoff games is not a good nor valid criticism in my mind.

I think had carr not got injured in 2016 yea we could’ve made a run in the playoffs. Carr had momentum and confidence. It’s hard to say definitely tho cause the lights get a little brighter in the playoffs. 

I agree about It being not fair to criticize carr for being injured and missing a playoff game as much as it’s not fair to downplay someone who was actually successful in the playoffs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So wins and losses are a good way to judge qbs after all....Cause that’s the second time you posted that

How is it possible for a "playoff winning," "SB appearance" QB who "almost singlehandedly be Arod by himself" go 1 and 11 and get benched for Blane Gabbert?

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How is it possible for a "playoff winning," "SB appearance" QB who "almost singlehandedly be Arod by himself" go 1 and 11 and get benched for Blane Gabbert?

His #1 wr was wait for it.... “Jeremy kerley” and #1 te was wait for it....”Garrett celek” yea and kap still had 16tds to 4ints. And you complain about carr not having targets to throw too lol.

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

His #1 wr was wait for it.... “Jeremy kerley” and #1 te was wait for it....”Garrett celek” yea and kap still had 16tds to 4ints. And you complain about carr not having targets to throw too lol.

Why was he 1 and 11 and benched for Gabbert?  So are you are saying is that supporting cast does matter? 

16 TD passes in 12 games as a starter....  Yikes

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why was he 1 and 11 and benched for Gabbert?  So are you are saying is that supporting cast does matter? 

16 TD passes in 12 games as a starter....  Yikes

He was benched Imo just imo...Cause sf actually has higher qb standards than we do. For example carrs 2018 slightly comparable to kaps 2016.

Carr played all 16 games to a 4-12 record.

19 tds 10ints in 16 games as a starter.... yikes??

Or is there a double standard??

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He was benched Imo just imo...Cause sf actually has higher qb standards than we do. For example carrs 2018 slightly comparable to kaps 2016.

Carr played all 16 games to a 4-12 record.

19 tds 10ints in 16 games as a starter.... yikes??

Or is there a double standard??

Carr's passing yards 4,049 to Kap's 2,241 LOL Big time yikes hahahaha

Kap is complete trash, 1 and 11, benched for Gabbert bc he averages 186 passing YPG and 1 TD.  

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr's passing yards 4,049 to Kap's 2,241 LOL Big time yikes hahahaha

Kap is complete trash, 1 and 11, benched for Gabbert bc he averages 186 passing YPG and 1 TD.  

So Carr’s yards are the only thing preventing him from being lumped in the same box as kap in your book?

carr better keep throwing it 553 times to keep those yards up. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So Carr’s yards are the only thing preventing him from being lumped in the same box as kap in your book?

carr better keep throwing it 553 times to keep those yards up. 

Huh?  I can't even follow your convoluted thought pattern as I have no clue what you are talking about.

Lumping Carr and Kap in the same universe as a QB is beyond insane.  Kap was benched for a bum after stinking up the joint and over his 6 year  NFL career averaged 2045 and 12 passing TD's per season.  Absolutely atrocious.  Kap has also not taken a snap in the NFL for years and the stats that I have listed can prove exactly why....

Carr on the other hand has never been benched over his 6 year career, always had a job and has also been a starting NFL QB ever year during the prime of his career.  Over those prime, employed years of Carrs he has averaged 3800 yards and 24 Td's per season which is pretty stellar considering he has been on a dumpster fire of a team every single year of his career.  

So to answer your question the answer is no.  There are a ton of factors that make Carr a far superior QB to Kap and the fact that he still has a starting job as a QB speaks volumes about who is right and who is wrong in this argument.