The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Still venting…..

but an honest question for the pro Carr guys: How can you honestly have hope to ever build a winner around Carr when the guy has proven year after year he can’t function in cold weather games? KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Baltimore, Cleveland look like theywill be staples in the AFC for years to come. I can never imagine being comfortable with Carr In January on the road anywhere. 

Like go look at his late season stats vs KC in Arrowhead. The guy turns into worst player on the field bad. 

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Still venting…..

but an honest question for the pro Carr guys: How can you honestly have hope to ever build a winner around Carr when the guy has proven year after year he can’t function in cold weather games? KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Baltimore, Cleveland look like theywill be staples in the AFC for years to come. I can never imagine being comfortable with Carr In January on the road anywhere. 

Like go look at his late season stats vs KC in Arrowhead. The guy turns into worst player on the field bad. 

It doesn’t pertain to our Pro-Carr group but man some fans really are delusional.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

Yes, one of these options needs to happen. Try and trade carr, get other vet qb n possibly draft qb if you like one. Rolling  carr out there every year is just insanity. He has set us back much more than Russell 

The big wild card is Mark Davis. I’ve been suspecting that’s he’s forcing Carr on the regimes. He might be the biggest obstacle to having a new QB

• Like 4

It’s clear that DC & JMD haven’t gelled but where do we go from here? I feel like the team is in a tough spot with a very small window. The best hope is that DC takes a massive pay-cut and we use the money to build the trenches + bring in a guy to develop. Otherwise, do we allow him to retire? Try and convince him to waive his no trade clause? Do we really want to bring in Garoppolo coming off an injury? I guess him on a cheap deal wouldn’t be a bad idea. Would Minshew win more than DC with this roster? Or do we take a massive swing and try for Lamar? At least he can help make up for the weak O-line but I’m sure that would take a massive haul. Either way, something needs to change…. 
** Heavy sigh **

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Still venting…..

But, according to our long winded friend Nicholas Cage, Carr is a Top 6 QB in the NFL (over the likes of Burrow, Herbert, etc.). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marz_LVR said:

It’s clear that DC & JMD haven’t gelled but where do we go from here? I feel like the team is in a tough spot with a very small window. The best hope is that DC takes a massive pay-cut and we use the money to build the trenches + bring in a guy to develop. Otherwise, do we allow him to retire? Try and convince him to waive his no trade clause? Do we really want to bring in Garoppolo coming off an injury? I guess him on a cheap deal wouldn’t be a bad idea. Would Minshew win more than DC with this roster? Or do we take a massive swing and try for Lamar? At least he can help make up for the weak O-line but I’m sure that would take a massive haul. Either way, something needs to change…. 
** Heavy sigh **

Yes Minshaw would because he does the little things needed to win. Carr doesn't have it upstairs.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If the shoe fits…

The Dallas game should be a prime example. The defense gets tired when they're on the field too much. They've been golding teams to 10 points or less the past 3-4 weeks and are expected to keep it up. Delusional fans man.

• Like 1

I don’t even need to say it anymore, at least not long posts, because everyone does it for me now. Carr is terrible in cold weather (playoff football and December…). And he is not a very good QB in general. Always overrated on here big time since 2017. So so many flaws. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

The Dallas game should be a prime example. The defense gets tired when they're on the field too much. They've been golding teams to 10 points or less the past 3-4 weeks and are expected to keep it up. Delusional fans man.

100%. The offense is the main problem, they keep the defense on the field ever. I guarantee as soon as Carr is gone we’ll randomly have a Top 15 Ranked Defense. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Get this man off the ******* team!! Holy **** man!! 

Been saying this since middle of season 2018. One bad season can be a fluke. Two in a row is not. He’s not very good and has way more flaws than pros. He’s never been the answer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Jmd said in his post game presser about giving qbs in this league so many chances they’re gonna eventually score. The realest thing he ever said.

Except us tho cause we only score tds in the mf first qtr. 

carr got out played by Pickett

idk why we tried all those finesse touch passes in the cold snowy wind. Imo that when you do ropes over the middle. Carrs softy lofty throws don’t work in the cold.