Week 4: Lions (2-1) at VIKINGS (2-1)

swede700

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

what is going to end up being the most annoying is, if Dalvin did tear his ACL, whether or not the Vikings should go after Adrian Peterson.

I don't think that will be a possibility at all. We didn't sign Murray over Peterson for nothing. 

15 minutes ago, mitty18 said:

Guys I had a dream that Dalvin Cook was injured this game.  As soon as it happened i was like, I dreamt this.  :(

I had a weird feeling before this game too, we have been running him almost TOO exclusively. Not mixing in Jet or Murray enough. Either way, I think the real issue is the turf. I've seen TOO many players slip and go down on it awkwardly. 

The loss hurts. The injury to Cook hurts. But let's be completely real, this team wasn't going to win a super bowl this year. Playoffs maybe with a healthy Dalvin & Sam. But they weren't going to beat the big dogs in the NFC this year (ATL, GB, DAL, DET) I know it sounds crazy to call it a season in week 4. But this is about as bleak of an outlook as I could've imagined. No starting QB, no dynamic RB anymore and we still have to play GB twice, Det on the  road, Falcons, an improved Rams, and some other decent teams like CIN, CAR, BAL. The best thing I can see is 9-7. 

This offseason might bring some big changes imo. Including possibly Rick, which id be against. Need to find/establish a true franchise QB, whether that is Teddy or a rookie next year. With a very good defense, a healthy Dalvin Cook (hopefully), healthy QB we could make some noise in the NFC. 

Our defense played amazing. If that Cook injury doesn't happen & we punt the ball for example, Vikings win 7-6

Playoff are out for this season after losing Cook, yes he was that important, cuz his presence masq not having a top 12 or so QB.

That feeling we all had when we heard Dalvin was down with a leg, that was the punch to the gut cuz deep down we knew the year was sadly lost after the promising start & potential season

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Disagree with point one. The second point is directly related to the first point. If a QB only puts up 7 points (and those came on a Cook running play), he did not play well enough to win. 

It was a 7-point game. We were in position to win. Very rarely will this team not be in a position to win. Don't need 400 yards and 4 TDs every week with this defense.

Archived