Week 4: Lions (2-1) at VIKINGS (2-1)

swede700

13 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Michael Floyd comes back next week which should also give a little boost. 

Haven't seen much of anything from the WR 3 position this year. I wonder if Floyd will change this or if the lack of production is a function of the offense.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Haven't seen much of anything from the WR 3 position this year. I wonder if Floyd will change this or if the lack of production is a function of the offense.

To be fair, Treadwell should've gotten 2 pass interference calls. 1 absolutely should've been called

Just now, Purplexing said:

Would that have made as much difference in the outcome as the turnovers?

Would that have made as much difference in the outcome as the turnovers?

Yeah? One would have put the ball at the 1 yard line, the other would've put them down to around the 30 instead of a punt. 

Just now, byuvike88 said:

Yeah? One would have put the ball at the 1 yard line, the other would've put them down to around the 30 instead of a punt. 

OK, did the Vikings score inside the red zone at the end of the game?  You assume the PI to put the ball on the 1 would yield a TD, but they could have been stopped, just like the GL stand by Detroit at the end of the game.  Detroit scored points on turnovers.

OK, did the Vikings score inside the red zone at the end of the game?  You assume the PI to put the ball on the 1 would yield a TD, but they could have been stopped, just like the GL stand by Detroit at the end of the game.  Detroit scored points on turnovers.

You're right. I never said that I assumed they would score  a touchdown, but to say it wouldn't have had an impact on the game is a bit ludicrous. Not only would have put them in two scoring positions, it changes the field position. 

34 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

But, amazingly, he made the roster a few years in a row. 

He did have a at least one big block.

Loosing Cook really really sucks. If bradford comes back soon I think they can still be ok. They still have some good weapons and a good defense. It'll be tough

The only real issue that I had with what the Vikings did, and what I think cost them the game as running one wildcat play, that should just be out of the NFL period at this point.

Losing Cook is massive for this team, he was really becoming a solid part of the receiving corp as well as running the ball. Now the key moving forward is Bradford coming back and staying healthy. If he comes back next week, I think the Vikings can be a fringe playoff team, if he misses time, the Vikings will be slightly below .500.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

The only real issue that I had with what the Vikings did, and what I think cost them the game as running one wildcat play, that should just be out of the NFL period at this point.

Agreed, such an unnecessary and untimely play call by Shurmur. It was 7-3 at that time IIRC. Then 7-6 off of that TO, then the Cook injury/fumble made it 14-7 and ball game. 

Archived