Week 4: Lions (2-1) at VIKINGS (2-1)

swede700

We still played a very good game, a fumble on a freak injury and a trick play fumble gave them good field position which in turn set us back. Our defense only gave up 14 points through all of that. I am angry we lost, but that won't happen every week.

Still have hope for us to do big things, I believe we can take 10 games this year.

If only we could get out of our own way. It wasn't all bad, but we missed way too many opportunities, and we turned the ball over multiple times.

I feel like any positive we got out of this game is matched with a negative. Very unfortunate. *shrugs*

I don't know. We have plenty of football left this year. I see no reason to give up on the season just yet.

Just a disastrous game. Defense played well, but other then that this game went about as bad as we could have expected. Turnovers were just killer today, and Case Keenum was complete garbage with zero zip on his throws. Yet still I'm not surprised in the slightest. The worst part about today to me wasn't the loss, it was the devastating injury to Cook. He's likely out for the year and we're back where we started last year at RB. Not to mention the Lions & Packers look like better teams than us. 

I feel this will be a 7-9 or 8-8 season, and heads will roll at the end of the year. 

Takeaways From Today's Game:

• Diggs is a top 5 receiver in the league. I don't even think it is up for debate anymore. He has consistently beat every CB he has gone against.
  • Murray is a capable RB, but most likely won't even bring us anything close to what Cook has.
  • Besides the one boneheaded bad call on that Zettle sack, the offensive line did a pretty good job.
  • Case definitely played good enough for us to win, but with Teddy or Sam behind the wheel, it's hard to believe we wouldn't have put up more than 7 points.
  • Defense looks solid. Of course we have to get some of turnover to come our way, but they did just hole one of the more impressive offenses to 14 points while being on the field for 36 min because of a lackluster offense, and two turnovers on the wrong side of the field
  • We won't win any games this year by only putting up 7 points
  • Zimmer continues to struggle figuring out correct ways to use his time-outs.

This was a really rough game to watch.   So many missed opportunities and so many turnovers.  Yes, Kendricks missed tackles, but the two or three missed interceptions hurt worse.  The missed field goal -- it was a sloppy performance by everyone on the Vikes, except the defense. 

The defense crushed it today, but they couldn't help the offense.  I'm not sure what to think about that last drive . . . 4th and goal from the 14 is a lot.  Maybe the FG and onside kick would've worked? 

Keenum is not accurate like Bradford.  Made some nice plays, but missed too many of the "right" plays.  We can all pray for Dalvin; with him, this offense has a better than average chance to win games.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

• Diggs is a top 5 receiver in the league. I don't even think it is up for debate anymore. He has consistently beat every CB he has gone against.
  • Murray is a capable RB, but most likely won't even bring us anything close to what Cook has.
  • Besides the one boneheaded bad call on that Zettle sack, the offensive line did a pretty good job.
  • Case definitely played good enough for us to win, but with Teddy or Sam behind the wheel, it's hard to believe we wouldn't have put up more than 7 points.
  • Defense looks solid. Of course we have to get some of turnover to come our way, but they did just hole one of the more impressive offenses to 14 points while being on the field for 36 min because of a lackluster offense, and two turnovers on the wrong side of the field
  • Zimmer continues to struggle figuring out correct ways to use his time-outs.

That's right! Today's 19.6 ypc looks pretty Top-5-ish, any way you look at it. 

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

•  

Disagree with point one. The second point is directly related to the first point. If a QB only puts up 7 points (and those came on a Cook running play), he did not play well enough to win. 

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We lost this game because our playmakers didn’t show up. 

The defense played well, but they failed to capitalize on half a dozen key opportunities, and they missed way to many tackles.

I can't call the defense elite for these reasons. They do a great job keeping points down but they don't change games with turnovers.

Archived