> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

36 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Lots of this teams “talent” is injured or aging and lacking. In terms of talent from top to bottom, the Eagles have some of the worst in the NFL. This fact isn’t surprising at all when you look at how terribly we have done in the draft the past 5 years. 

I think Wentz turns it around. I think there's enough on offense that he vibes with to challenge some teams. Defense has been good enough to where I think they can keep games close enough.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think we can steal one this Sunday night, Steelers can be had, Cardinals can as well. Browns too. Ravens Packers Saints Seahawks, although unlikely, but you never know. I've been watching the NFL long enough to know how wonky and unpredictable it can be. The only teams you truly can count out are those totally bereft of talent. This team isn't one of those.

You can count out any team with a starting QB that's playing as bad as Wentz. So us, the Jets, the WFT, and the Giants can all be counted out unless playing each other. Mitch Trubisky was playing better than Wentz when he got benched. That's pretty much who Wentz is now. A slower Mitch Trubisky.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You can count out any team with a starting QB that's playing as bad as Wentz. So us, the Jets, the WFT, and the Giants can all be counted out unless playing each other. Mitch Trubisky was playing better than Wentz when he got benched.

Probably one of the only times I will ever agree with you but this is a great point; you might as well add Denver to the list, too. 

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You can count out any team with a starting QB that's playing as bad as Wentz. So us, the Jets, the WFT, and the Giants can all be counted out unless playing each other. Mitch Trubisky was playing better than Wentz when he got benched. That's pretty much who Wentz is now. A slower Mitch Trubisky.

You believe he is unable to turn it around?

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jaylen Waddle vs Rondale Moore. Who'd you rather draft? (We won't suck enough for Chase)

I like Moore, but Waddle, man.

He's a game breaker.

Obviously I'd probably prefer Chase's size since we just took Reagor, but with Hurts really good deep ball could you imagine Waddle and Reagor running under it.... whew.

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like Moore, but Waddle, man.

He's a game breaker.

Obviously I'd probably prefer Chase's size since we just took Reagor, but with Hurts really good deep ball could you imagine Waddle and Reagor running under it.... whew.

I'd view Waddle as direct replacement for D Jax and Chase as a direct replacement for Alshon. We need both, so I'll take either as long as they are better than the guy they replace.

Tamerrion Terry is your classic Braylon Edwards. Would be great if he could catch consistently. 

Rondale is basically Hamler. I prefer Waddle, but both are electric. Waddle looks more jacked/able to withstand punishment and maybe slightly taller, which is why i prefer him, but I'd take both. 

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd view Waddle as direct replacement for D Jax and Chase as a direct replacement for Alshon. We need both, so I'll take either as long as they are better than the guy they replace.

Tamerrion Terry is your classic Braylon Edwards. Would be great if he could catch consistently. 

Rondale is basically Hamler. I prefer Waddle, but both are electric. Waddle looks more jacked/able to withstand punishment and maybe slightly taller, which is why i prefer him, but I'd take both. 

JaMarr Chase isnt an Alshon type of guy...

We have Reagor in that DJax type role. We need a #1. We need the dude that just makes the defense respect him as a weapon. I believe in Carson if he can just have that real #1 that he can have for years. He’s never had that. Give me Chase. Do anything and everything to go get that guy. Chase, Reagor, Sanders and Goedart actually has potential to be a great offense. 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We have Reagor in that DJax type role. We need a #1. We need the dude that just makes the defense respect him as a weapon. I believe in Carson if he can just have that real #1 that he can have for years. He’s never had that. Give me Chase. Do anything and everything to go get that guy. Chase, Reagor, Sanders and Goedart actually has potential to be a great offense. 

I absolutely love Chase and I also love his teammate, Terrace Marshall. Marshall is in for a huge year and is going to consistently rise up draft boards. Hopefully we can somehow land him with our 2nd. 

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Waddle, Reagor, Sanders, Goedert could be pretty good too. Our own version of Tyreek, Hardman, Kelce, and Clyde. Hightower/Quez can be Watkins/Robinson. Then we just need to find a QB.

Edited by Jeezla

53 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Waddle, Reagor, Sanders, Goedert could be pretty good too. Our own version of Tyreek, Hardman, Kelce, and Clyde. Hightower/Quez can be Watkins/Robinson. Then we just need to find a QB.

I like this, actually. If Wentz doesn't drastically improve and give me good reason he is the guy, then I'm all for moving on from him this off-season.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I like this, actually. If Wentz doesn't drastically improve and give me good reason he is the guy, then I'm all for moving on from him this off-season.

I forgot to mention we'll also need a new LT based on what Dillard has shown us in 2 years, which is crap pass protection and Wentz-like durability.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <