> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:
3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Waddle, Reagor, Sanders, Goedert could be pretty good too. Our own version of Tyreek, Hardman, Kelce, and Clyde. Hightower/Quez can be Watkins/Robinson. Then we just need to find a QB.

I like this, actually. If Wentz doesn't drastically improve and give me good reason he is the guy, then I'm all for moving on from him this off-season.

Just curious.... but how would you suggest we move on from him this off-season?

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'd view Waddle as direct replacement for D Jax and Chase as a direct replacement for Alshon. We need both, so I'll take either as long as they are better than the guy they replace.

Tamerrion Terry is your classic Braylon Edwards. Would be great if he could catch consistently. 

Rondale is basically Hamler. I prefer Waddle, but both are electric. Waddle looks more jacked/able to withstand punishment and maybe slightly taller, which is why i prefer him, but I'd take both. 

As much as I'd like Waddle or Chase. I'm also down for defense or LT if we somehow land high enough to get Sewell.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Trade Wentz, Ertz, Alshon, B-Rex, and Cox.
Hopefully we can trick the Colts or Broncos or Jags or Panthers into giving us their 1st for Wentz.
Ertz and Cox can hopefully add up to a mid 2nd.
B-Rex and Alshon can hopefully add up to an early 4th.
Trade those and our 2nd for another 1st.

Draft one of Fields/Lawrence/Lance
Draft Parsons or Moses.
Draft Chase or Waddle.

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Trade him and swallow the dead cap. We're cap f'd for 2 years anyways. Trade all the high contracts like Wentz, Cox, Graham, and Ertz. Swallow the dead cap for 2021 and admit it's time to rebuild for 2 years. 2022 we can sign free agents and extend our own guys again. Luckily the only player we need to worry about retaning is Goedert, so we should do that this season. Unfortunately Slay will have to waste the remaining 2 good years he has left here, but he stays. Slay and Lane should be the only players over age 29 on this team next season.

Edited by Jeezla

29 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

As much as I'd like Waddle or Chase. I'm also down for defense or LT if we somehow land high enough to get Sewell.

If we draft high enough for Sewell, we shoud take a QB. Lawrence/Fields/Lance is probably going to be the 2nd best QB class of the modern era, next to Maholmes/Watson, for the forseeable future. 1 or 2 of those 3 will likely end up being good (Matt Ryan/Watson/Stafford/Tannehill w/o Gase tier) or better. I'm talking a perennial threat for 4400 passing yards and 30 td's. Sewell is incredible, but give me the QB.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:
2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Make him available for trade. Don't bench him this season though no matter how bad it gets.

ummmmm

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trade him and swallow the dead cap.

Damn why didn't I think of that...... you guys realize that really isn't a realistic option, right?

Right now we are 65.7 million over the cap going into 2021. 

If we were to trade Wentz after this season we would be 90 million over the cap.

How would you suggest we get under the cap for 2021 after you trade Wentz and don't have a lot of good contracts you can shed with a lot of cap savings?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I like this, actually. If Wentz doesn't drastically improve and give me good reason he is the guy, then I'm all for moving on from him this off-season.

We're not moving on from him this offseason. After the 2021 season then maybe that's an option. The cap numbers just don't make it feasible this coming offseason.

20 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

ummmmm

Damn why didn't I think of that...... you guys realize that really isn't a realistic option, right?

Right now we are 65.7 million over the cap going into 2021. 

If we were to trade Wentz after this season we would be 90 million over the cap.

How would you suggest we get under the cap for 2021 after you trade Wentz and don't have a lot of good contracts you can shed with a lot of cap savings?

What happens if you don't get under the cap? Do they make you forfeit the season? I think all it does is prevent us from signing new players. So just make sure we have 53 guys under contract for 2021, suck for another year, and just eat the negative cap for a year, reload in 2022 when we're back under the cap. We ain't doing crap in 2021 besides securing a top 5 draft pick for the 2022 season. Similar to this season, cept we'll be over the cap and unable to sign more bums. 

Edited by Jeezla

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <