2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

27 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not wade from osu. God he fell off hard. I only know OSU guys well

Crazy how he was a widely projected first round pick, even like top 10. But then he moved outside and he crumbled. I imagine he could still be a nice nickel corner or a hybrid safety, no?

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Starting to grind some CB prospect tape. Who are some guys we could/should be targeting at 38? We need a starter opposite Slay.

None. You want a corner early you burn 6th overall and take a receiver early 2nd instead of the other way around.

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I don't think Farley or Surtain are worthy of 6th overall. Smith and Chase however, are.

Eh it’s debatable I think Farley could be. Surtain not sure. And who says we don’t trade down 2-6 spots if Fields or Wilson make it to us and then take a corner before the Cowboys who will certainly targeting one of the top 2? Then come around early 2nd to get one of the better tier 2 receivers?

I think I’d rather go Chase or Smith, but if we want receiver and corner in the first two rounds, then I’m going CB in the first over WR in the first. I like my options better in the 2nd to land a good receiver.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh it’s debatable I think Farley could be. Sustain not sure. And who says we don’t trade down 2-6 spots if Fields or Wilson make it to us and then take a corner before the Cowboys who will certainly targeting one of the top 2? Then come around early 2nd to get one of the better tier 2 receivers?

I think I’d rather go Chase or Smith, but if we want receiver and corner in the first two rounds, then I’m going CB in the first over WR in the first. I like my options better in the 2nd to land a good receiver.

Agreed on Farley>Surtain. And yeah I get the whole trade down thing but I was just asking in a vacuum of who are some corners that could be there at 38 who could be a solid starter year 1. Like is Jaycee Horn capable of being CB2? Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell, Samuel Jr. etc?

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Starting to grind some CB prospect tape. Who are some guys we could/should be targeting at 38? We need a starter opposite Slay.

This CB class is not that great from what I can tell. At 38 we should probably be targeting a DE, S, or OL. Any CB we take there is likely to be a reach.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Agreed on Farley>Surtain. And yeah I get the whole trade down thing but I was just asking in a vacuum of who are some corners that could be there at 38 who could be a solid starter year 1. Like is Jaycee Horn capable of being CB2? Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell, Samuel Jr. etc?

Yep that's about it. I don't think Horn will be an option unless we trade down a decent amount. Kendrick would've been a guy to check out but he went back to Clemson for his senior year.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep that's about it. Kendrick would've been a guy to check out but he went back to Clemson for his senior year.

I listened to a TDN pod recently and a guy on there thinks Samuel Jr will play outside corner in the NFL despite his size. I think I like him the best of the second tier guys. Him and Horn. The two Georgia guys seem a little meh but I have to watch them more. Solak likes Stokes.