2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

32 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Not Raider related but oh my cannot wait for Thursday 

When has Michael Silver been right about literally anything in his life? Dude has an "obsession" with always being right (sports, politics, etc) and is literally never right. 

I would still say your +500 on Trey Lance is likely to hit. I mean, sure, could be Mac Jones, could be any of the three to be honest. Although I'd still say 50% Lance, 30% Fields, 20% Jones. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m fine taking Parsons but it’s pretty clear that he’s an idiot. If you don’t keep him under control he’ll be a problem. 

Its so easy to stay clean off the field and he’s done the exact opposite.

We need someone to haze our players so they play better.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I don't buy this at all. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That’s why I made the first post on this page. That’s complete BS. You actually buy that? Worst smokescreen I’ve ever seen. 

Who knows, we just traded Hudson and extended Andre James who has played like 100 snaps.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Raiders are desperately trying to make it seem like they aren’t taking an OT in the 1st or 2nd... it’s becoming blindingly obvious. 

I don't know, he has about as much experience as Andre James, he might get a nice extension soon.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hmmm, I wouldn't be upset. Mauler of a RT + day one starter then a rangy FS + day one starter. Our two biggest needs satisfied early. Sign me up!

Also is an Athletic subscription worth it? I am so tempted but I often find I can find similar info in other ways (like you just posted). 

The Athletic is definitely worth it. As a subscriber you get 5 free guest passes for a 1 month trial. If you want one of mine, DM me.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

What do you guys think of this?

Reading more into his "character" concerns, there are definitely some major red flags.  

Some of the issues include:

• Transferring in HS after he incited a riot by yelling that he had a gun at lunch.

• Pouring water on one of his teammates computers at PSU and then choking him until the player pulled out a pocket knife. 

And was the ring leader of a hazing scandal at PSU where they did the following to younger teammates: 

• Took their clothes and did not return them.

• Told them they intended to make them “their b**** because this is a prison.”

• Wrestled them down and simulating a humping action while on top of them.

• Placed their privates in their faces while simulating ejaculation.

• Placed their privates on and in their buttocks.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

My Trey Lance bet was made cause the odds were just to good to not lay $50.00 on it. Imo I dont see Fields being picked by the 49ers. Really think it comes down to Lance or Jones

FWIW a beat writer for the 49ers said that Shanahan met with Lance's parents and that they're locked into taking him at #3. 

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reading more into his "character" concerns, there are definitely some major red flags.  

Some of the issues include:

• Transferring in HS after he incited a riot by yelling that he had a gun at lunch.

• Pouring water on one of his teammates computers at PSU and then choking him until the player pulled out a pocket knife. 

And was the ring leader of a hazing scandal at PSU where they did the following to younger teammates: 

• Took their clothes and did not return them.

• Told them they intended to make them “their b**** because this is a prison.”

• Wrestled them down and simulating a humping action while on top of them.

• Placed their privates in their faces while simulating ejaculation.

• Placed their privates on and in their buttocks.

Yikes...

I mean, it's not absolutely horrendous, and can chalk it up to immaturity issues, but it certainly does make me think twice.

I'd still pull the trigger if he was there at 17. Don't think I'd trade up for him any longer though. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Yikes...

I mean, it's not absolutely horrendous, and can chalk it up to immaturity issues, but it certainly does make me think twice.

I'd still pull the trigger if he was there at 17. Don't think I'd trade up for him any longer though. 

Sexually assaulting teammates and inciting a riot at HS with a gun involved are pretty horrendous. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d legit be shocked if he went in the 1st. Maybe Mid 2nd....

4 year stater in the SEC, he's only 21 years old, good mobility, and arm talent. QB's are always overdrafted, I wouldn't be shocked to see Chicago take him.