2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

54 minutes ago, Trojan said:

James Carpenter 34"
John Moffitt 33" (drafted)
JR Sweezy 34" (Cable moved him from DT to G too)
Mark Glowinski 33" (one year starter)
Germain Ifedi 36"
Justin Britt 33" (RT -> LG -> C)
Oday Aboushi 34"
Luke Joeckel 34"

edit: John Simpson is 34" as well

Yup fair enough, looks like AVT isn’t a good fit 😂. I’ll strike him off my board ! 

Just now, Dessie said:

Yup fair enough, looks like AVT isn’t a good fit 😂. I’ll strike him off my board ! 

I like him too and I'd consider him pretty heavily at our pick it's just probably not the guy our coaching staff loves

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What position do you think we go in the 1st?

It's a toss up between OT/FS/LB/DE/CB IMO.  I would beat up the woman that works in my office if we go DT/OG/SS/TE or reach for a WR or pick any other position that we really don't need.  I mean I would just maul her.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It's a toss up between OT/FS/LB/DE/CB IMO.  I would beat up the woman that works in my office if we go DT/OG/SS/TE or reach for a WR or pick any other position that we really don't need.  I mean I would just maul her.

We'll draft the next Janikowski and you will like it. 

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

you cool with Chase, Pitts, Smith and Waddle though because they'd almost assuredly be BPA?

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

you cool with Chase, Pitts, Smith and Waddle though because they'd almost assuredly be BPA?

I mean I don't really know with Smith and Waddle.  I know that sounds crazy but we have so many freaking WRs lol.  I'd rather a team behind us give us 3-4 picks (including their first, maybe even their first round pick next year as well!!!) before drafting Smith or Waddle.  As for Chase and Pitts (especially Pitts) though, oh yeah, if I'm J. Gruden and M. Mayock I'm drafting them and then I'm crying like I just found the cure for all known diseases in the world (alcohol).  

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I honestly can't get excited about the draft as long as Gruden is operating in it. The guy has the answers to the test and will still choose the wrong answers.

This. 

Also have to say that I came away really disappointed in Mayock’s presser. Three things struck me:

1. He has no real say and stated that it is him and Gruden (so Gruden) - which we obviously already new. But he just seems infatuated in this ‘work ethic’ ‘cares about football’ ra-ra old school mentality

2. That he considers the opt outs a problem and actually said - ‘will some kids use the opt out to their advantage.....’.. Again what an archaic way to view this situation 

3. The way he bemoaned the lack of face to face meetings. Already putting in excuses for why you wouldn’t take risks. Basically because he hates Zoom. Again - just no attempt to move with the times. Like an old man who gets angry with his mobile phone cause his fingers are too big to type.

It just all came across as out of touch, old school thinking. I’d hate to see all the players that he and Gruden take off their board for the most unimportant, flimsy reasons. It didn’t fill me with confidence.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

This. 

Also have to say that I came away really disappointed in Mayock’s presser. Three things struck me:

1. He has no real say and stated that it is him and Gruden (so Gruden) - which we obviously already new. But he just seems infatuated in this ‘work ethic’ ‘cares about football’ ra-ra old school mentality

2. That he considers the opt outs a problem and actually said - ‘will some kids use the opt out to their advantage.....’.. Again what an archaic way to view this situation 

3. The way he bemoaned the lack of face to face meetings. Already putting in excuses for why you wouldn’t take risks. Basically because he hates Zoom. Again - just no attempt to move with the times. Like an old man who gets angry with his mobile phone cause his fingers are too big to type.

It just all came across as out of touch, old school thinking. I’d hate to see all the players that he and Gruden take off their board for the most unimportant, flimsy reasons. It didn’t fill me with confidence.....

Yes it's the attack of Shimp and Moe Howard... Alias Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock.2/3 of the 3 Stooges..with the 3rd Stooge Larry... Alias Mark David

Edited by lester

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

Jerry... <Tsk-tsk>☝️☝️ Don’t you know the “woke-sters” on here will not condone joking about mauling the office secretary.... despite it being so absolutely hilarious I nearly pissed myself laughing.

I’d actually be pretty happy if Kyle Pitts, TE somehow fell to us but it’s not likely at all.

For me it’s Micah Parsons, Darrisaw, Surtain/Farley (with clean bill of health), and JOK or trade down.  Even with JOK I’d want to slide back a few picks, get a 3rd and possibly more, and use it to trade up 48 to top of round 2 or 80 into the mid 2nd.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1