2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Same and this will be the first year I don't watch the draft. I always set aside the time, this year I'm traveling because I have no interest. 

Gruden has ruined the experience for me. I know without a doubt that whatever they do will be head scratching. Something out of left field that will be made fun of in the moment. This team has really lost my interest in recent years. 

Does anyone seriously look at this team and feel like they have a plan? There is no direction. It's year 4 and we're and nothing is clear as to what they are trying to do.

There is definitely no solid plan in place. It’s just draft and sign for need and hope it sticks. 

Miami... now that was a well calculated multi-year plan. 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

We gotta take this seriously.  It's Gruden we're talking about.  I mean he's literally in love with every single one of them.  Deep, deep love.  Endless love.  1980 romance movies type love.  If he gets a chance to trade up and draft 2-3 QBs in the first he'll do it.  Even if he has to trade away our entire team and his son who was our strength and conditioning coach.

Honestly probably has more trade value than 90% of our roster lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Honestly probably has more trade value than 90% of our roster lol

I don't know man didn't we suffer a lot of injuries the year he was our S/C coach?  I could've sworn I read he was demoted to some degree or we brought in someone else.    I know this is all a joke but if they look at his track record they'll probably equate his value equal to Arden Key.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't know man didn't we suffer a lot of injuries the year he was our S/C coach?  I could've sworn I read he was demoted to some degree or we brought in someone else.    I know this is all a joke but if they look at his track record they'll probably equate his value equal to Arden Key.

Do you mean to say.....a 3rd round pick?

I swear we just hemorrhage 3rds on useless fluff. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is definitely no solid plan in place. It’s just draft and sign for need and hope it sticks. 

Miami... now that was a well calculated multi-year plan. 

Miami executed their plan to absolute perfection in my opinion. 

They still have some needs, but they can be very selective in the draft for the most part. They have their base situated. Just looking for a cherry or two on top. 

Meanwhile, we're about as consistent as the ice cream machine at McDonald's and are still trying to figure out what we want to order. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Miami executed their plan to absolute perfection in my opinion. 

They still have some needs, but they can be very selective in the draft for the most part. They have their base situated. Just looking for a cherry or two on top. 

Meanwhile, we're about as consistent as the ice cream machine at McDonald's and are still trying to figure out what we want to order. 

Way to early, Tua looked like a bust last year.

https://www.raiders.com/audio/2021-nfl-draft-prep-importance-of-prospects-medicals-mike-mayock

In this interview, Mayock gives a lot more information than he did in the press conference if anyone is Interested. Here are my takeaways:

• Andre James is the starter and Nick Martin is the #2(rather than them competing for the job)
  • It seems like Solomon Thomas is the front runner to be the 3T(but he acknowledge that they're all very talented and have the ability to start)
  • Also gives a pretty detailed breakdown of his view on the defensive line
  • They like where they are on the edge but they do plan to add
  • They don't consider right tackle to be as big of a deal because a deal as many others think(he talks more about that Jaryd Jones-Smith guy but also mentions Brandon Parker as someone who can get a shot which echoed what Tom Cable said)

16 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Way to early, Tua looked like a bust last year.

Even if you want to totally disregard Tua, that's a pretty well otherwise complete squad they have. If they really wanted to, they could still even nab one of the better QBs this year. The position they are currently in is one in which they can do practically whatever they please and be on an even more upward trajectory. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Even if you want to totally disregard Tua, that's a pretty well otherwise complete squad they have. If they really wanted to, they could still even nab one of the better QBs this year. The position they are currently in is one in which they can do practically whatever they please and be on an even more upward trajectory. 

They very much lucked out with the Tunsil trade. Not saying they don't get credit for it, but Ighbinoghene, Jackson, and Tua all looked pretty shaky.