2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd much rather trade down then trade up in the 2nd round. Miami, New York, and Jacksonville are all logical trade partners if there's a WR or player they love that falls. I could see the Jets looking to move up if someone like Surtain falls on draft night. 

#17 (950) + #48 (420) for #23 (760) + #34 (560) would be an excellent trade for us, imo. 

In that scenario we could potentially land Moehrig and Jenkins. 

We do trade up back into the 2nd to take Cox at #56. 

40 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

As I have expected ever since they decimated the oline. Blow up an area of strength in the team, don’t add a FA to the one position that you can get away with a competent and relatively cheap player which would in turn allow you to focus on the area of the team where you should be investing your top pick - D and then use that pick to choose whoever is there at your now avoidable and manufactured position of need.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the draft board read:

Round 1: Darrisaw, Jenkins, AVT, Cosmi

Round 2: Moehrig, Grant, Holland....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reddevil said:

As I have expected ever since they decimated the oline. Blow up an area of strength in the team, don’t add a FA to the one position that you can get away with a competent and relatively cheap player which would in turn allow you to focus on the area of the team where you should be investing your top pick - D and then use that pick to choose whoever is there at your now avoidable and manufactured position of need.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the draft board read:

Round 1: Darrisaw, Jenkins, AVT, Cosmi

Round 2: Moehrig, Grant, Holland....

If @Trojanis correct about Cable and arm length then AVT and Jenkins won’t be on the board. Tbf previous draft picks support this theory. 

I really like Leatherwood, he’s got size, versatility having played RG & LT which Cable seems to like, do we think he lasts till #48 ? 

Would Moehrig be a big reach at #17? I see the Jags & Ravens possibly taking him in the 1st. FS is an important position in Bradley’s scheme so I have him as our 1st pick atm. 

11 minutes ago, reddevil said:

RT isn't a manufactured position of need. Nobody manufactured Trent Brown being a lazy, out of shape, always injured player. A player like Darrisaw can easily be regarded as the BPA when 17 is on the clock. The 17th pick is going to end up averaging 3.5/Y over the next 4 years which is a bargain for a good starting OT (hopefully, good is what you're getting there, regardless of position). A FA at that price would be average at best, wouldn't be under contract for more than a couple of years and would be someone you're looking to replace in the very near future (still a need).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Would Moehrig be a big reach at #17? I see the Jags & Ravens possibly taking him in the 1st. FS is an important position in Bradley’s scheme so I have him as our 1st pick atm. 

I don't think he'd be much of a reach. There should be a few players i'd have ranked higher still available though.

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

RT isn't a manufactured position of need. Nobody manufactured Trent Brown being a lazy, out of shape, always injured player. A player like Darrisaw can easily be regarded as the BPA when 17 is on the clock. The 17th pick is going to end up averaging 3.5/Y over the next 4 years which is a bargain for a good starting OT (hopefully, good is what you're getting there, regardless of position). A FA at that price would be average at best, wouldn't be under contract for more than a couple of years and would be someone you're looking to replace in the very near future (still a need).

Perhaps your right about RT not being a manufactured need. I will say that the off-season plan to pull apart the oline was though and could have been done differently.

To the bolded - that’s kinda what I was saying. I don’t think we needed anything other than an average FA to come in and hold the spot for a year or two. We had a rolling carousel of RTs last season and the offense was still performing at a high level. Had we spent 3-4 mill on a an average vet RT it would’ve allowed us to focus on the area that I feel we should have been going into the draft focusing on - our sorry, record breakingly bad defense.

• Like 1

Just now, oakdb36 said:

I don't think he'd be much of a reach. There should be a few players i'd have ranked higher still available though.

Yeah I guess that’s the conundrum. I have the 5QB’s, 3Wrs, Sewell & Slater, Surtain & Horn, Pitt’s and Parsons as already gone. 

Phillips and Fairley are out for me purely because of their medical history and with  Mayock saying they haven’t had chance to check medicals. Paye is too similar to Ferrell imo. 

Then I have Darrisaw, Olijuari, Moehrig and Collins on a par. If you could guarantee me Leatherwood in the 2nd I’d go Moehrig. 

3 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Perhaps your right about RT not being a manufactured need. I will say that the off-season plan to pull apart the oline was though and could have been done differently.

To the bolded - that’s kinda what I was saying. I don’t think we needed anything other than an average FA to come in and hold the spot for a year or two. We had a rolling carousel of RTs last season and the offense was still performing at a high level. Had we spent 3-4 mill on a an average vet RT it would’ve allowed us to focus on the area that I feel we should have been going into the draft focusing on - our sorry, record breakingly bad defense.

The thing is i see Darrisaw ranked higher than most of the defensive players we could get at 17. I guess if Parsons slides, you have a decision to make but he's usually viewed as a top 2 defensive player in the class and should be gone by 17.

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Then I have Darrisaw, Olijuari, Moehrig and Collins on a par. If you could guarantee me Leatherwood in the 2nd I’d go Moehrig. 

It's Darrisaw, AVT, Moehrig, JOK and Collins for me. Parsons is the wild card if he slides.

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The thing is i see Darrisaw ranked higher than most of the defensive players we could get at 17. I guess if Parsons slides, you have a decision to make but he's usually viewed as a top 2 defensive player in the class and should be gone by 17.

I think Darrisaw will may be gone by 17. And even if he was there (and I like him as a player and actually like Jenkins too), I would just much rather have had the combination of vet RT FA and say JOK than let’s say Jenkins or Cosmi at 17 - cos you know we are picking a RT there due to the moves we made.

But no like with every Raiders draft - I’ll get over it quick and hope that whoever the pick is just ends up being a starter for the long term. A bit like how I was disappointed in the Miller pick - but have obviously grown to appreciate it due to how good he has become.

3 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I think Darrisaw will may be gone by 17. And even if he was there (and I like him as a player and actually like Jenkins too), I would just much rather have had the combination of vet RT FA and say JOK than let’s say Jenkins or Cosmi at 17 - cos you know we are picking a RT there due to the moves we made.

I'd definitely pick Moehrig over Jenkins or Cosmi. The LB pick is tricky since we're paying the top 3 pretty well and it's not a position with a lot of rotation. But Parsons seems too good of a value to pass on.

26 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I'd definitely pick Moehrig over Jenkins or Cosmi. The LB pick is tricky since we're paying the top 3 pretty well and it's not a position with a lot of rotation. But Parsons seems too good of a value to pass on.

I can’t see us picking anything other than RT now. I thought that was the case before the rumours and then the Jaryd Jones-Smith comment.

On Moehrig - is the reason why some people are not as high on him that he is kind of a jack of all trades? Solid but not spectacular? Or is it positional value?

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

I can’t see us picking anything other than RT now. I thought that was the case before the rumours and then the Jaryd Jones-Smith comment.

On Moehrig - is the reason why some people are not as high on him that he is kind of a jack of all trades? Solid but not spectacular? Or is it positional value?

I think it's more due to gun shyness.  Our past efforts to draft a safety high have sucked. 

2 hours ago, reddevil said:

I don't know. I've compiled a prospect list based on 6 different draft sources now and Moehrig comes in at 21. I'd say he's generally highly regarded.