2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

17 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

What do you guys think of this?

I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was younger.  I think he can grow from it.  I think he even responded to all this by saying he was young and dumb.  I'd still consider drafting him.

• Like 1

Just now, SodakRaiders said:

He does.  But I would assume he wanted that in place so he could have some say in where he goes (scheme & situational fit) not to prevent a trade.  He would probably have more success with a full offseason with a new team than getting traded midway through the year. He knows this.  Better chance at proving himself. 

I think he put it in place so that when/if we do trade him it will be to a team he can start this season. I think if we do trade him it will be to a team who's starting QB gets hurt or is struggling early in the season. Philadelphia or Chicago both seem like realistic landing spots for him, imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was younger.  I think he can grow from it.  I think he even responded to all this by saying he was young and dumb.  I'd still consider drafting him.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Reading more into his "character" concerns, there are definitely some major red flags.  

Some of the issues include:

• Transferring in HS after he incited a riot by yelling that he had a gun at lunch.

• Pouring water on one of his teammates computers at PSU and then choking him until the player pulled out a pocket knife. 

And was the ring leader of a hazing scandal at PSU where they did the following to younger teammates: 

• Took their clothes and did not return them.

• Told them they intended to make them “their b**** because this is a prison.”

• Wrestled them down and simulating a humping action while on top of them.

• Placed their privates in their faces while simulating ejaculation.

• Placed their privates on and in their buttocks.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Reading more into his "character" concerns, there are definitely some major red flags.  

Some of the issues include:

• Transferring in HS after he incited a riot by yelling that he had a gun at lunch.

• Pouring water on one of his teammates computers at PSU and then choking him until the player pulled out a pocket knife. 

And was the ring leader of a hazing scandal at PSU where they did the following to younger teammates: 

• Took their clothes and did not return them.

• Told them they intended to make them “their b**** because this is a prison.”

• Wrestled them down and simulating a humping action while on top of them.

• Placed their privates in their faces while simulating ejaculation.

• Placed their privates on and in their buttocks.

Whoa okay I didn't read this.  The last one is horrible.  Alright yeah.  Time to rethink that pick.  

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think he put it in place so that when/if we do trade him it will be to a team he can start this season. I think if we do trade him it will be to a team who's starting QB gets hurt or is struggling early in the season. Philadelphia or Chicago both seem like realistic landing spots for him, imo. 

I think you are right about those teams for sure.  I think that the Jets have a lot of picks.  And might want to let Wilson sit for a year.

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I beat up WR after practice once, **** happens.

10 minutes ago, SodakRaiders said:

I think you are right about those teams for sure.  I think that the Jets have a lot of picks.  And might want to let Wilson sit for a year.

I don't think they would've traded Darnold unless they're confident that whoever they take at #2 can come in and start from day one. They really don't have a quality backup on the roster right now though so that could be a potential landing spot for him as well. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It definitely sounds like sexual assault. 

You're right.  Terms matter.  I don't care what you want to call it though, I don't want a player on my team that "placed his privates on and in their buttocks."  That's terrible man.  That isn't hazing anymore.  Some of those players were probably traumatized by those events.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

You're right.  Terms matter.  I don't care what you want to call it though, I don't want a player on my team that "placed his privates on and in their buttocks."  That's terrible man.  That isn't hazing anymore.  Some of those players were probably traumatized by those events.

The player who came public said that the Penn State coaching staff instructed him to not go to the police. IIRC, he quit playing football and is currently suing the university. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The player who came public said that the Penn State coaching staff instructed him to not go to the police. IIRC, he quit playing football and is currently suing the university. 

Good.  I hope he wins.  

Some of those red flags against Micah Parsons aren't against Micah Parsons. They are all the same victim though (minus the HS one).

"• Transferring in HS after he incited a riot by yelling that he had a gun at lunch.

• Pouring water on one of his teammates computers at PSU and then choking him until the player pulled out a pocket knife. "

Those are Parsons, the sexual assualt ones are against Damion Barber.

The "Gun" in the cafeteria didn't get a reaction either, like there was no riot, it was irresponsible though. He yelled it next to a policeman, then transferred schools when he was suspended. Micah Parsons version of the story is he transferred because his mom moved, so maybe a flag for trying to hide this.

The charges have changed and been rejected a couple times as well, so maybe at one point Micah Parsons was accused of more. Micah Parsons shows up in the accusations as having throw water on the guy when he was asleep and some got on his computer, guy threw a bottle at him and they fought and the guy who threw a bottle pulled a knife on Parsons in self defense. The accuser then said the coach told him not to go to the police and expected him to just get beat up not pull a weapon on someone. The coach is who is thee defendant in the case I think. The Damion Barber ones which are the later half of those listed I haven't read anything on those involving Micah Parsons -- if you guys do I'm interested to see them too as that is all the way off the board to me.

• Like 2