2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, reddevil said:

Perhaps your right about RT not being a manufactured need. I will say that the off-season plan to pull apart the oline was though and could have been done differently.

I don't think it was, they asked Gabe Jackson, Trent Brown, and Richie Incognito to all take pay cuts. That's what pissed off Hudson and led to him asking to be let go. Throughout the beginning of the off-season the reports were that we were monitoring Trent's workout videos and planned to try and keep him if he was in shape. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think it was, they asked Gabe Jackson, Trent Brown, and Richie Incognito to all take pay cuts. That's what pissed off Hudson and led to him asking to be let go. Throughout the beginning of the off-season the reports were that we were monitoring Trent's workout videos and planned to try and keep him if he was in shape. 

I didn’t mind ditching Brown and in fact was in favour of trading him to get his salary off the books to reinvest elsewhere. Jackson, I wasn’t too fussed with either way - not least because I rate Good.

Hudson was and is the one for me. And as you say, it was an avoidable situation if they had gone about their business in a more professional manner

21 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I didn’t mind ditching Brown and in fact was in favour of trading him to get his salary off the books to reinvest elsewhere. Jackson, I wasn’t too fussed with either way - not least because I rate Good.

Hudson was and is the one for me. And as you say, it was an avoidable situation if they had gone about their business in a more professional manner

Trent Brown's cap hit was like $14M in 2022, I would've preferred to keep him but he didn't want to be here. 

18 hours ago, Dessie said:

And getting Cox at #56, not a bad haul.

I honestly wouldn't be mad at it.  I know the OL is a deep draft class but at least we find two starters with our first two picks.  I'd feel much better about the roster overall if we came away from the draft with this kind of success.

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hmmm, I wouldn't be upset. Mauler of a RT + day one starter then a rangy FS + day one starter. Our two biggest needs satisfied early. Sign me up!

Also is an Athletic subscription worth it? I am so tempted but I often find I can find similar info in other ways (like you just posted). 

I signed up for a dollar a month for six months.  I always opt out when the deals are about to end and then sign back up when another deal comes out.  I've essentially had 18 months of subscription for like 18 bucks.  I'm Navy, we deploy on the ship, so any news source like ESPN+ and The Athletic hold more value for someone like me who is stuck on an aircraft carrier for weeks/months on end.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mariota has a no trade clause. If we're gonna trade him I think it'll be during the season. 

He does.  But I would assume he wanted that in place so he could have some say in where he goes (scheme & situational fit) not to prevent a trade.  He would probably have more success with a full offseason with a new team than getting traded midway through the year. He knows this.  Better chance at proving himself. 

6 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Assuming Darrisaw is off the board before we pick. If we think AVT can play RT, I wouldn't hate if we took him #17 but I wouldn't love it either. Although he does provide a ton of value as a guy that could potentially start at OG or OT.