2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There it is... was waiting for the clichés to come out. There has been videos posted that show he's not very athletic. Lumbering even in movements. It'd be a safe pick (OLine usually is with a 60%+ hit rate). But you can get a similar prospect round 2 with more upside. Jenkins is just a guy imo.

What are you talking about?  I posted his relative athletic score (RAS).  Dude is athletic. I'll share it and tag you.  Gimme a minute.

15 hours ago, Jerry said:

Super athletic.

@big_palookasee!?!  Lol.  Bench, vertical, speed, good.  I'll take 'em.  You can probably get him with some strength and conditioning coaches to improve his agility.  I think he's going to be a really good player in the NFL.  I'm going to stand on this hill until he fails.  Then I'm going to admit I was wrong if he does end up failing.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

@big_palookasee!?!  Lol.  Bench, vertical, speed, good.  I'll take 'em.  You can probably get him with some strength and conditioning coaches to improve his agility.  I think he's going to be a really good player in the NFL.  I'm going to stand on this hill until he fails.  Then I'm going to admit I was wrong if he does end up failing.

I don't care what the analytics state honestly. They miss frequently. I don't think Jenkins is going to be a bad player, but I don't think he's going to be worth the #17 pick. 

The team lacks start talent. Players that make a difference on Sunday. Jenkins would be a mundane limited upside pick. The kind of pick you make when you admit you can't identify better talent so you play it safe.

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't care what the analytics state honestly. They miss frequently. I don't think Jenkins is going to be a bad player, but I don't think he's going to be worth the #17 pick. 

The team lacks start talent. Players that make a difference on Sunday. Jenkins would be a mundane limited upside pick. The kind of pick you make when you admit you can't identify better talent so you play it safe.

😲

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I just don't see why we haven't addressed OT at all in free agency. Going into the draft the only OT's we have on the roster are Miller/Parker. 

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There it is... was waiting for the clichés to come out. There has been videos posted that show he's not very athletic. Lumbering even in movements. It'd be a safe pick (OLine usually is with a 60%+ hit rate). But you can get a similar prospect round 2 with more upside. Jenkins is just a guy imo.

I'd personally rather reach on Spencer Brown at #48 than take Jenkins at #17.

• Like 1

What I got out of the Mike Mayock press conference:

• The Raiders might trade up for Micah Parsons if he falls far enough
  • They're going to try to trade down if certain players aren't there
  • They really like Nicolas Morrow
  • I noticed when talking about Free safety he didn't really mention Karl Joseph but rather mentioned Jeff heath
  • They believe that you have to take a safety in the first three rounds and if not you have to get a converted corner
  • And they really like Solomon Thomas(Going to draft DL more for depth than another starter)
  • When asked about the right tackle position he mentioned some street free agent named Jaryd Jones-Smith as someone they liked
  • They still believe in Arnette as an outside Corner
  • They drafted Henry Ruggs With the understanding that he would make more of a year 2 and beyond impact rather than his rookie year
Edited by Jeremy408

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I just don't see why we haven't addressed OT at all in free agency. Going into the draft the only OT's we have on the roster are Miller/Parker. 

Good has played RT as well. 

Vera-Tucker hasn’t been mentioned much on here, if he’s there at #17 would anyone be interested? I haven’t seen anyone name him on their big boards. 

10 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Good has played RT as well. 

Vera-Tucker hasn’t been mentioned much on here, if he’s there at #17 would anyone be interested? I haven’t seen anyone name him on their big boards. 

I think he's a pure guard, and I wouldn't draft a guard in the first round.

• Like 2