2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, NYRaider said:

Carr strikes me as a soft leader/individual. That was my point. 

Okay, I think you're wrong. I would also argue there is much more evidence pointing to the contrary. Carr quickly returned (and played well) from a groin injury. He never shifts blame in post-game press conference when he could easily shift blame (often to Agholor). He has gotten better each season under Carr and has been a coach on the field according to Gruden. He has given career years to Cook, Agholor, Crabtree, and a myriad of other mid-level players, and he has helped make an elite tight end out of Darren Waller.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Carr. I'm just relaying a story reported by the Athletic. According to them, people who get paid to be around/cover stories about the team, after the Dolphins loss Agholor told the entire team they sucked and had zero accountability while the rest of the team including Carr sat in silence. 

Carr said before the year he wanted to honor Kobe Bryant with "Mamba Mentality" and then completely folded down the stretch when the games actually counted. RIP Kobe, hopefully Carr never disrespects his legacy again. 

Other media guys said it was "not only Agholor and directed at a small group". Not going to tell you who to trust but at least take everything that's available into account.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Other media guys said it was "not only Agholor and directed at a small group". Not going to tell you who to trust but at least take everything that's available into account.

And obviously it was not directed at Carr. I mean, Carr played well that game and even threw beautiful ball to Agholor which resulted in a touchdown. I can't fathom how Agholor would be upset at Carr after that game--or after last season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

And obviously it was not directed at Carr. I mean, Carr played well that game and even threw beautiful ball to Agholor which resulted in a touchdown. I can't fathom how Agholor would be upset at Carr after that game--or after last season.

Yeah. It's not very hard to figure out who it was directed at if you remember how the game ended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Maybe upset that carr isn’t speaking up and that he has to or no one else will. Maybe that’s the Lil boost we needed to beat den 🤷🏾‍♂️. You never know how far those locker room exchanges go

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we were willing to pay Tyrell Williams $11M APY I don't see why we can't do the same for Nelly. 

True statement.  I think its because we expected Williams to be a 1k WR and Nelly had roughly 850 with 45 receptions.  I get what you're saying though.

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

True statement.  I think its because we expected Williams to be a 1k WR and Nelly had roughly 850 with 45 receptions.  I get what you're saying though.

In the previous 2 seasons before we signed Williams

2017: 43 catches, 728 yards (16.9 ypc), 4 TD

2018: 41 catches,  653 yards (15.9 ypc), 5 TD 

28 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Okay, I think you're wrong. I would also argue there is much more evidence pointing to the contrary. Carr quickly returned (and played well) from a groin injury. He never shifts blame in post-game press conference when he could easily shift blame (often to Agholor). He has gotten better each season under Carr and has been a coach on the field according to Gruden. He has given career years to Cook, Agholor, Crabtree, and a myriad of other mid-level players, and he has helped make an elite tight end out of Darren Waller.

He said he was coming back with Mamba Mentality and we were 6-3 yet finished 8-8 with the easiest remaining SOS in the NFL. Boy is softer than charmin. 

34 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I disagree with Waller.  I mean maybe he helped him get his head on right, but D. Waller is so gifted.  You take who he is now and put him on half the teams in the NFL and he is going to produce.  The rest I agree with for sure though.

15 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Internet sucks right now but I recall Williams having around a 1,000 yards the one year the other Chargers WRs went down.  That's why I think they paid him.  They thought he could replicate that season.  His production obviously went down when the Chargers other WRs came back.