2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I actually like him, and would be a lot more excited then the Arnette pick. I want an edge pass rusher or DT in the first. Been seeing barmore in the 20s, so wouldn't be a huge reach like a mid/late 2nd round DB. A lot of bana Dts have been good, and Barmore best football is ahead of him. I hope we sign Leonard Williams before the draft, even seen Barmore go top 15 in a recent mock. He does have a good ceiling and the top DT, don't be surprised. 

Barmore will light up Alabama's pro day and secure his spot as a first round pick. Coming into the season I saw a few mocks that had him slotted in the top 20. He was hurt to start the season but dominated down the stretch. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

17. Zaven Collins | LB | Tulsa

49. Richie Grant | S | UCF

80. Quincy Roche | Edge | Miami (FL)

121. Jaylen Tywman | DT | Pittsburgh 

161. Kylin Hill | RB | Texas A&M

244. Tarron Jackson | Edge | Coastal Carolina 

I like Collins but where do you play him on our base defense.  For us he'd be a sub package player and we already have two LBs getting paid. 

Like Grant but I think he's gone in the 1st or first few picks of day two and we miss out. Safety is good value in FA too so might not need him anyway.

17 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Are we not going to play most snaps in nickle?

Probably but i was answering your question, where do you play him in our base.

In sub packages, he can be a stand up rusher who can drop or rush while Littleton or Kwit come on a blitz. It's just an example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Hopefully we don't have much to talk about in here soon when we trade all of our draft capital for Deshaun Watson. 

Lol.  If we make any giant move this offseason, L. Williams, D. Watson, big name FS, trade a first for someone, we are going to drop a couple hundred pages of posts.  Shoot, if we get R. Sherman's old timer self, we're going to drop a good 15-20 pages just for him.

• Like 3

What are thoughts if a top rated OL falls to #17?

Do we pull the trigger on Darrisaw or Davis? 

I'd have a hard time passing on Darrisaw, especially with our lack of depth at the Tackle position and the uncertainty of Trent Brown. Still feel we sign Miller Long term, but will have our bookend for him. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 5:07 AM, OnlyGlove said:

Are we not going to play most snaps in nickle?

I am not familiar with Bradley's tendencies but I was under the impression that our base was going to be a 4-3 under.  That makes Collins a pretty good fit at SAM.

From Draft Network

Ideal Role: Starting linebacker given opportunities to rush the passer, drop in coverage, play downhill, and in space. 

Scheme Fit: Collins projects favorably to a defense that is multiple with its alignments that presents the opportunity for him to unleash the full breadth of his skill set.

Edited by drfrey13