2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I really think the team can resole their defensive tackle issues in free agency. There are so many players who can make the Raiders at least competent on the interior defensive line: Dalvin Tomlinson, Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Rankins, Johnathan Hankins, etc. I would sign two starting defensive tackles and leverage the draft for its strength. This is how I see the value in the first two rounds.

1st round: offensive tackle (Cosmi, Vera-Tucker, Mayfield, Eichenberg)

2nd round: safety (Cisco, Moehrig, Holland, Grant)

I know there will be solid RT prospects but is that really worth a 1st? Theres a reason why RT slide, have to weigh in the impact of a position. Kinda like a RB, or a low ceiling first. The prospect better be dominant all pro if you draft a RT in the 1st. Tired of not getting value in the 1st, but I would be interested if one of those guys are there in the 2nd/3rd. if we do fix the DT position with vets in free agency, I would be open to these positions in 1st:

• DE/Edge- our pass rush is joke and still needs work to actually have the ability to compete. In theory, if we fix DT in free agency we need more help on the outside
  • LB- we only have 2 good LBs and no depth. Our defense hasn't played fast in a long time, would be nice to have athletic LBs who can take on a block and fly around. Littleton had a bad year, and there's room for a 3rd solid LB. 
  • CB- I would hate to draft CB again, but if there is a chance to get a potential shut down CB. Farley, Surtain or Horn, maybe if MM is high on someone. Would make that Arnette look even worse btw.. 
  • WR- unlikely but If a potential WR1 is there, could be a wildcard if we fix the Defense in free agency. The modern NFL is about letting it rip in the air and putting points on the board. Remember what it was like when we had two WR1 in Crabtree/Cooper. Ruggs, Edwards, 2021 first would be a lot of firepower
  • G- I think Simpson takes over one spot, but having a blue chip guard could open the run game.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I know there will be solid RT prospects but is that really worth a 1st? Theres a reason why RT slide, have to weigh in the impact of a position. Kinda like a RB, or a low ceiling first. The prospect better be dominant all pro if you draft a RT in the 1st.

Right tackle is a premium position.

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I really think the team can resole their defensive tackle issues in free agency. There are so many players who can make the Raiders at least competent on the interior defensive line: Dalvin Tomlinson, Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Rankins, Johnathan Hankins, etc. I would sign two starting defensive tackles and leverage the draft for its strength. This is how I see the value in the first two rounds.

1st round: offensive tackle (Cosmi, Vera-Tucker, Mayfield, Eichenberg)

2nd round: safety (Cisco, Moehrig, Holland, Grant)

Who will rush the passer?

You plan on a premium EDGE addition with those DT signings as well?

7 hours ago, Rolni said:

Who will rush the passer?

You plan on a premium EDGE addition with those DT signings as well?

I think it's more important that the Raiders sign two starting defensive tackles. I suspect Crosby and Ferrell will be the presumptive starting defensive ends when the season starts with some rotation pieces coming in on passing downs. For instance, I could see Vic Beasley and Takkarist McKinley coming back.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I think it's more important that the Raiders sign two starting defensive tackles. I suspect Crosby and Ferrell will be the presumptive starting defensive ends when the season starts with some rotation pieces coming in on passing downs. For instance, I could see Vic Beasley and Takkarist McKinley coming back.

I see...I don't want this to happen...

On 2/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, NYRaider said:

Barmore was dominant down the stretch for Alabama. Draft the guy with elite traits and coach him up. As opposed to taking guys with average traits like Ferrell. 

I’m not going to touch the Issue of If we should draft Barmore at 17.  So let’s separate that from the discussion.....

Those advocating for him in the first round have to realize he isn’t a developed pass rusher.  He’s far from developed as a run defender.  He was very successful last year but a good, good amount of his success was from Stunts where other he’d loop around while another DL took on blockers trying to free him Up.

Im GB’s system the pass rush is designed to come from the edges.  Barmore got a lot of help from the Alabama scheme And other DLmen.  That isn’t going to happen in GB’s system.

I’m not advocating for Barmore or not.  Im Just saying it seems Iike A lot of posters who support his drafting in round 1 may not have watched enough tape on him..... it is early in the draft process.  Barmore’s got a ton of potential but he’s far from refined and his success has been aided by scheme.

Look at OLB/DE Azeez Ojulari.... that guy is a premier outside pas rusher and his scheme had him sacrificing to free up the other DLmen probably more then they did for him.  You gotta consider these things when watching tape.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

Time to officially look seriously at RTs.... TBs absolutely on his way to being cut.  He’s removed all Raiders images from IG according to The Raiders Report on YT and posted several Patriot images recently and was “working out” aka posing for a photo on a stationary bike in full Boston clothing.  Don’t let the door hit your tub o lard butt on the way out!

Theres soooo many very very good prospects in rounds 2-3 right now.  We can find a 10 year starter to pair with Miller.  It’ll be very valuable to have one OT on a cheap rookie deal while the Miller gets his second contract and gets paid 16-18M.

this guy is growing on me, and could be a dark horse at 17. If he didn't get hurt, Waddle would be a top 10 pick. say we let Agholor walk and focus on defense in free agency: DT, FS, EDge so we can go BPA. 

- Ruggs, Waddle combo could be lethal for the next 10 years. If teams scheme for Ruggs, Waddle would eat up 1 on 1 matchups. these guys could be amazing combo. save the money from signing Agholor and invest in defense with vets to compliment the youth. Waddle could be special in the NFL. 

those young playmakers of Jacobs, Ruggs, Waddle, Edwards, Waller- our playmakers would be able to battle anyone.  Gruden will get flashbacks of Tim Brown/Rice lol. Give DC a new toy, and let him air it out!

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Time to officially look seriously at RTs.... TBs absolutely on his way to being cut.  He’s removed all Raiders images from IG according to The Raiders Report on YT and posted several Patriot images recently and was “working out” aka posing for a photo on a stationary bike in full Boston clothing.  Don’t let the door hit your tub o lard butt on the way out!

Theres soooo many very very good prospects in rounds 2-3 right now.  We can find a 10 year starter to pair with Miller.  It’ll be very valuable to have one OT on a cheap rookie deal while the Miller gets his second contract and gets paid 16-18M.

I hope we trade him for a day three pick.  That's it.  I couldn't care less about his production or if he does well or anything.  I hope he goes back to the Patriots and ends up on IR and out of the NFL in a couple years.  He's such a sack of crap.

I'm holding on to Trent Brown until after the draft just in case he can be used in moving around. Unless his contract deems him cut ASAP but pretty sure we're good to hold. In FA I'm getting a pass rusher or a DE that could disrupt things. The Clown hasn't lived up to his potential but a 3 year 10 per I'd offer being most pass rushers will be going after Mack money. I'd also look into getting Mack back for curse's sake. LOL 'Pass rushers are hard to find' Barry Sanders curse anyone?!? Yann if he's 15 per after a meh season would be better IMO. I'd love a cut vet with some juice left too but don't know who's out there. Also 3T like Short would be excellent so DE/DT covered before draft and a vet FS (not a badass but not a 'need' come draft time) My Draft would be LB Parsons if he falls. Think as a rookie he'd be quite a leader on our Defense and worthy at that spot.

2nd round I'm getting a FS. Just too much talent to pass up and if we do get an expensive FA to fix that, then I would consider drafting some competition/injury insurance for the other Safety position. Holland has been my choice there.

LB Parsons

S Holland

3rd would be Tackle unless a 1st round talent slipped to our 2nd pick then I'd drafted the OT there and go Safety here. I'd also consider any quality DT/NT here too. If a talented but injured WR slipped here I wouldn't hesitate either.

4th DEPTH at any position and would double dip if someone slips. Would love interior OL that can play all 3 but probably need to use a 3rd for that. 

5th Special teams player because we need to keep this stocked and there will probably be some guys who may never start but would be great for ST so stay ahead of needs so we don't get ST FA's LOL 🤪