2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We didn’t hit on a lot more longer developing plays down field because we sucked on the right side, the run game also suffered. We don’t necessarily have to pay top flight talent there, but I’m not gonna spend a mid round pick and call it a day either. Gruden paid Trent for a reason, he wants A1 OL play across the board. 

Yeah we had a player who shouldn’t have even been playing and we had a few issues on long developing plays.... it wasn’t the end of the world.  You don’t NEED an elite talent at RT.  Look around the league, there are plenty of good RTs that were 3rd-5th rounders. 

I’ve been advocating drafting a RT in rounds 2-3 for a while now.  You can find a really good one this year.  Spending 16M each on 2 OTs isn’t sustainable and Miller is up for a new contract soon.

theres a big difference between spending moderate capital to find a solid starter and spending a lot for a elite talent.  I Nor anyone wants Sam Young back, but we don’t need to keep Fatso Brown or go out and spend 15+M on a guy like Moton.

And the whole of Division requires 2 stud OTs reasoning died off real fast.  Ingram isn’t that great anymore, Chubb never got better after the injury and Miller got hurt and is probably done in Denver, and KCs edge rush isn’t premier.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

"Look at me, I get drunk on Saturdays and watch college football so I'm the only one who can talk about prospects" 

Get over yourself. I do analyze prospects after the season, and read scouting reports. EGO DEATH

So you form your opinion on players based on the opinions of others? 

And using the word "analyze" pretty liberally there. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We didn’t hit on a lot more longer developing plays down field because we sucked on the right side, the run game also suffered. We don’t necessarily have to pay top flight talent there, but I’m not gonna spend a mid round pick and call it a day either. Gruden paid Trent for a reason, he wants A1 OL play across the board. 

Btw your absolutely right on the issues we had.  I’m not trying to sat they didn’t exist.

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I watch copious amounts of YouTube highlights.  I always appreciate it when they have an entire games worth of film of the players.  Like "player vs. Clemson" and what not.  That way I can see that even though they had like 5-6 tackles, a sack, and an INT, there were 30-40 other plays where they were completely taken out of the play or slowed down during the play because the offense attacked the other side of the defense.  Or they missed a tackle really badly or were just thoroughly destroyed by an offensive lineman.  I still don't act like I know everything from that one game though, just gives me an idea of who we are really getting.  I do enjoy watching highlights of some players too though.  Especially pass rushing LBs, RBs, and WRs.  Just exciting players that make a ton of plays.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I watch copious amounts of YouTube highlights.  I always appreciate it when they have an entire games worth of film of the players.  Like "player vs. Clemson" and what not.  That way I can see that even though they had like 5-6 tackles, a sack, and an INT, there were 30-40 other plays where they were completely taken out of the play or slowed down during the play because the offense attacked the other side of the defense.  Or they missed a tackle really badly or were just thoroughly destroyed by an offensive lineman.  I still don't act like I know everything from that one game though, just gives me an idea of who we are really getting.  I do enjoy watching highlights of some players too though.  Especially pass rushing LBs, RBs, and WRs.  Just exciting players that make a ton of plays.

Agreed. 

I watched a video of Kyle Vantrease a while back and would've called him the next Pat Mahomes if I wasn't watching just highlights. "Highlight" vids that don't show snap by snap are about useless other than for hype purposes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

'Ego Death" Is someone living in  Oregon playing in the magic mushy patch?