2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I like Barmore, but not at 17. He's not nearly as well rounded a prospect as previous Alabama DTs.

The iDL class to me looks raw. There isn't a standout player that separates from the group. I wouldn't be mad at Barmore at 17, but the edge class is better and there should be a better impact player there for the Raiders at edge

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we can get an impact FS in free agency. It should be our #1 priority, followed by IDL.

Edge can definitely be addressed at 17. There are a ton of players at edge who I like.

theres just too many FA FS this year to miss out on one. Simmons, Harris, Williams, Maye, Johnson, we need to grab one of them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Curious you’re the Hawkeye guy what do you think about Nixon? I have mixed opinions. 

I’m not one to pimp Hawkeye players because I’d be called a homer and I’m not really good at it. With that said and since you asked, Nixon is a stud. He’s very athletic for his size, which should help going up against NFL lineman. He’s good against both the run and pass and it doesn’t look like there isn’t much he can’t do. I think his biggest negative is scheme fit. He’s a true 3T in a four man front and I’m not sure how successful he’d be playing another DL position. He overcame a learning disability in order to qualify to play at Iowa. He obviously loves the game to do that. Whoever drafts him is going to love him. He should be a solid 2nd round pick. Check out his pick 6 against Penn State:

https://youtu.be/oz_Cd7HsOpM

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I’m not one to pimp Hawkeye players because I’d be called a homer and I’m not really good at it. With that said and since you asked, Nixon is a stud. He’s very athletic for his size, which should help going up against NFL lineman. He’s good against both the run and pass and it doesn’t look like there isn’t much he can’t do. I think his biggest negative is scheme fit. He’s a true 3T in a four man front and I’m not sure how successful he’d be playing another DL position. He overcame a learning disability in order to qualify to play at Iowa. He obviously loves the game to do that. Whoever drafts him is going to love him. He should be a solid 2nd round pick. Check out his pick 6 against Penn State:

I like Nixon more than Barmore. Better against the run, more consistent. Better value in round 2 than Barmore at 17 overall

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Interesting you always have the inside scoop on the Hawkeyes. Gotta look up the learning disability. You think he’s a better prospect than aj espy the Iowa dL from last year 

57 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Wow. That’s tough. I’d say yes though because I never saw him take plays off.

Interesting imo Nixon looks kinda pedestrian to me. Some games he looks like a solid first rounder other games mid rounder. I would really like to see how he would’ve tested at the combine. 

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I will say if you think JOK is the coverage/tight end matchup piece ( I haven't watched him enough), I think you take him at 17.

He's undersized and wouldn't want to put him against TEs. He's like Littleton. Play him against RBs and let him run in space. Problem with getting off blockers.  Could play him a touch in Nickle CB and Fs.  He's that talented. But if your struggling to win the line of scrimmage he'll be swolled up in the run game. 

• Like 1