2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I would take Pitts at 17. Why? Because nor him or Waller are your traditional TEs both can be lined up at WR. not like Pitts is a 260 pound TE. Pitts will make his living playing off the LOS in the NFL. 

Would never happen but if it’s down to a DT or a TE in Pitts. I would take Pitts every day of the week. 

Plus Pitts can line up in the slot and a attack all 3 levels of the defense.  The guys such a dynamic player.  

14 hours ago, Dessie said:

Lockdown boredom so listing players I am following this draft process. 

Patrick Jones DE PITT

Reed Blankenship S MTS 

Cam Semple DE/DT Tulane

Paris Ford S Pitt

Tedarrell Slaton NT Florida

Walker Little OT Stanford 

Tarron Jackson DE Coastal Carolina

Joseph Ossai DE/OLB Texas 

What do you think of Little, Ford, Ossai, and Jones? I’m always interested in other opinions on prospects.

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I thought you didn't like the idea of mortgaging your future in a Watson trade because of the adverse effect on defense? But would support a YOLO pick at TE, the one position the Raiders have a top 3 starter and good depth?

I don’t mean to come off as a condescending jerk but did you read my message?
I said it’d be hard not to take Pitts if we landed a top DT/FS and thought we could get the other DT/FS in round 2.  I didn’t say Pitts has to be the pick or even should be.  It’d be hard to pass on Chase or D.Smith if one fell to 19, wouldn’t it?  Pitts is an absolute amazing offense weapon. I wouldn’t pigeon hole him into the TE position much like Waller.  

And there’s a massive difference taking a TE in round one when he’d be a massive steal over a defensive player who really doesn’t stand out over the other players at their position who will be there in round 2 .... and trading Carr plus that massive pick haul for Watson. 
.... oh yeah and didn’t you say that if we trade all those picks for Watson we’d still be able to fill holes in FA?

I’d imagine it’d be easier to fill one defensive hole because we took Pitts then filling a handful of holes from all the picks that would go to Houston.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I didn't say I was against it. I'm all for elite talent anywhere you can place it. Though TE would be redundant at this stage no?

I found it funny given the poster who posted it's stance on mortgaging the future. Doesn't like the idea of trading a couple FRPs for an elite QB. But fine giving one for a TE. 

I’m find it funny how you can’t debate someone with any degree of integrity.

Almost every single time You reply to one of my posts you distort what I’ve said in an attempt to make your viewport more valid than mine. 

Here are examples of your purposeful distortions:

1.  I never said i want Pitts to be our pick or he should be.  My exact wording was “But imagine if we can sign Leonard Williams/1 of various FS’s in FA, resign Hankins and go into the draft really liking our chances of getting a S/DT in round 2.  I’d have a serious itch to say “F it” and take Pitts if he’s there.  I know there’s more logical picks to make but he’s such a dynamic player it’d be really hard to pass up.”

Clearly I’ve said under a very unique Circumstance where we’ve filled one of the two major defensive holes and believe we can fill the other in round 2 (btw there’s not much difference between the DTs and FS that’d be there in round 1 vs Rd 2) then it’d be very hard to pass on Pitts.  I even said it’d be somewhat illogical but alluring.

2.  You said “Doesn't like the idea of trading a couple FRPs for an elite QB. But fine giving one for a TE.”

Again you distort what I’ve said purposely.  You know I’ve said on numerous occasions I’d be all for trading Carr and 2 1sts for Watson but would be against trading what would amount to 5 1sts or more.  Yet right there you claim I said I wouldn’t trade “a couple of FRPs” for Watson.  I’ve been incredibly consistent and specific in my stance on the Watson trade.  There is no misunderstanding what I’ve said.  Your outright lying and distorting what I’ve said in order to make my valid points seem absurd.  

if you’d like to engage in a discussion you have to at least maintain a level of honesty.  

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Honestly... I think he could be a slightly better version of Waller.  Think a thinner and better in the hips Waller.

Yeah I really wouldn't be upset if it happened.  You have to be able to put up an insane amount of points in todays NFL.  I'm honestly not really ecstatic about a lot of the defensive players in the draft other than maybe one or two prospects that most likely won't be where we are drafting.  I think we can get a FS in the 2nd and this year's DT FA and draft classes aren't exactly deep.  Again, I won't complain if it happens if he does turn out to be Waller version 1.0 or 1.1 lol.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:34 PM, drfrey13 said:

I am not familiar with Bradley's tendencies but I was under the impression that our base was going to be a 4-3 under.  That makes Collins a pretty good fit at SAM.

From Draft Network

Ideal Role: Starting linebacker given opportunities to rush the passer, drop in coverage, play downhill, and in space. 

Scheme Fit: Collins projects favorably to a defense that is multiple with its alignments that presents the opportunity for him to unleash the full breadth of his skill set.

Bradley haven't used a SAM like that with the Chargers at all.

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

What do you think of Little, Ford, Ossai, and Jones? I’m always interested in other opinions on prospects.

Not a draft expert by any means just looking at prospects who might fit our defense. 

Ford - Seems to have ball skills and can tackle, worried about his size though seems light for a NFL safety 

Little- Getting a tackle is a high need for me, Little seems to be a prospect who suffered from not playing this year, good pass protector. 

Ossai -Seems to have the ability to rush the passer and has experience of playing LB, wondering if could play SAM if that’s what Bradley wants. 

Jones - We need a speed rusher, he seems to fit the bill. 

28 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

The guy I'm banging the table for is Azeez Ojulari. Going to play outside LB early downs and go to the edge in nickel and dime.  Fits the scheme, fills a need and high potential.

So how is he different than Zaven Collins who you seemed to be against?

Azeez Ojulari is way more of a pass rusher. Zaven despite his 260 pound built would categorize being a more of a pure off ball LB who would drop more into coverage. You can rush him to get his full potential and get the most out of him. At 260 pounds does he have the speed needed to play coverage in the NFL. Don’t see that type of size from a LB like that. 

I personally don’t like Zanven for that reason. He’s not a great pass rusher and I don’t think he could turn into one I do think he has the ability to be a 4-5 sack guy. I just question his speed at LB and being that size for an off ball LB.

I want my LBs to be 24 and under so they can run side line to sideline. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Azeez Ojulari is way more of a pass rusher. Zaven despite his 260 pound built would categorize being a more of a pure off ball LB who would drop more into coverage. You can rush him to get his full potential and get the most out of him. At 260 pounds does he have the speed needed to play coverage in the NFL. Don’t see that type of size from a LB like that. 

I personally don’t like Zanven for that reason. He’s not a great pass rusher and I don’t think he could turn into one I do think he has the ability to be a 4-5 sack guy. I just question his speed at LB and being that size for an off ball LB.

I want my LBs to be 24 and under so they can run side line to sideline. 

I think he's not that far off from a Bruce Irvin and that's the role he'd have here. And he looks pretty fast to me.

LEO position is attacking the LOS. Zaven I would have my reservations on if he can do that all the time. 

I think that’s why a guy like Melvin Ingram becomes a very high priority cause it’s what he did with the Chargers even though Bradley would move him around a lot . Also Bud Dupree and Yannick would fill that role. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind releasing Trent Brown and leveraging the depth at tackle in the first round. I haven't watched much of them, but Darrisaw, Cosmi, and Mayfield all seem like first rounders to me.

And cutting Brown would open up the Raiders cap space more than any other player outside of Carr. The Raiders could use that space, plus other cuts, to sign two defensive tackles, a safety, and a receiver.

• Like 1