2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Totty said:

It's becoming more and more likely that Micha Parsons drops due to off the field concerns.  If he is there at 17, do you take that risk?  

He's an alpha.  That dog we need on defense.  Problem is his character and we are in Sin City. 

Touchy subject... but yes. Any incident outside the hazing allegations? I'd say he can grow up from juvenile behavior and has guys like Lavar Arrington vouching for his character. He's going to be an absolute gamer in the NFL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Touchy subject... but yes. Any incident outside the hazing allegations? I'd say he can grow up from juvenile behavior and has guys like Lavar Arrington vouching for his character. He's going to be an absolute gamer in the NFL.

Anyone that has been to a university with frats and a major college football team knows these boys are hazing. Non-issue, he hazed a freshman, kid got mad, they fought, so be it. Parsons is an absolute dog on the field. 

I don't think Micah Parsons is even the best LB in the class. Nick Bolton for me is.

Micah Parsons best attribute is pass rush on a blitz. As we won't blitz that often I don't think it would make sense to take him. Unless we think he can be moved to D-line.

Edited by OnlyGlove

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Not a good idea to have players change positions during COVID-19 NFL seasons.  Besides, G. Rousseau is probably going to be a really good DE.  I'd rather just keep him there and let him produce for us.  We need a real, legit DT.

I personally don't think he's a very good edge prospect. Most his production comes inside using his length.  Dont think he has enough bend on the edge. Strange to say it but I don't think his production match his traits very strange player. 

21 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

I don't think Micah Parsons is even the best LB in the class. Nick Bolton for me is.

Micah Parsons best attribute is pass rush on a blitz. As we won't blitz that often I don't think it would make sense to take him. Unless we think he can be moved to D-line.

If we get a lb let’s get a real one not some hybrid dude. Plus imo 3t is something we can’t ignore. I’d draft 2 dts 

I’ve noticed Parsons been dropping in mocks the last month.... figured it was just amateur draft analysts trying to do something new and stay fresh.  

what is Parsons being accused of besides hazing a freshman?  Seems like the biggest non-story ever to me... unless Maybe be there was some “elephant walk” wierdo stuff going on but If it was simple hazing, which btw is so tame compared to what it use to be, then who cares?

While I don’t think OLB is that big of a need to draft in the first.... Parsons is a beast and id absolutely take him at 17.  

As for Rousseau... he’s a very a-typical prospect.  You see a near prototype DE frame.... insane production his only season .... which was Red Shirt Freshman.... he’s gotta be a great DE prospect right?  He’s gotta have crazy upside right?

we’ll go watch the tape! Not really.  He’s not a bad prospect... but def not what he was made out to be as a top 5 then top 15 pick.  
his production came mainly from rushing as a 0/1 and 3 tech and all he would do was stunt and run around the outside shoulder of G’s.  He lacks bend, lacks top burst and speed.  He does have very good length though.  

what he did at Miami isn’t going to fly in the NFL.  He’s got the physical traits to be a good DE.  

personally the more I watch the less interested I’ve become in him.  He’s really the exact opposite of the DE we need.  We need a bendy, fast DE.  

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I know nothing about the Micah Parsons off field issues. I would take him at 17 just based off talent alone. I will need to look up those issue tho

Transferred high schools for getting suspended.  Hazing in college.  I'm not sure if there was any substance abuse, but I thought there was an alcohol related issue.

If he's there, he's the pick for me.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If we get a lb let’s get a real one not some hybrid dude. Plus imo 3t is something we can’t ignore. I’d draft 2 dts 

there’s hybrid players.... players who don’t fit into a conventional role and then there’s players who can play the conventional role as well as do other things.  Parsons can play MiKe and SAM.  

to be honest.... I think we need a SAM who can blitz effectively.  Blitzing on 2nd down is something we lack completely.  If you can Stuff a 1st down run And keep The other team to 2nd and 7-8 yards.... there likely to pass.  Having Parsons playing SAM on  second down and blitzing him every so often could lead to Some sacks and a lot of incompletions.

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

there’s hybrid players.... players who don’t fit into a conventional role and then there’s players who can play the conventional role as well as do other things.  Parsons can play MiKe and SAM.  

to be honest.... I think we need a SAM who can blitz effectively.  Blitzing on 2nd down is something we lack completely.  If you can Stuff a 1st down run And keep The other team to 2nd and 7-8 yards.... there likely to pass.  Having Parsons playing SAM on  second down and blitzing him every so often could lead to Some sacks and a lot of incompletions.

I’m leaning towards barmore just cause we have nothing there at 3t. I think 3t is our top priority. Parsons is a tricky player I’ll have to watch more.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We're already paying two LBs and we'll be in nickle most snaps. I wouldn't bother drafting one so high. Just need depth. 

Problem with 3tec is the isn't an elite prospect and they normally take a year or two to produce. 

2 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

We're already paying two LBs and we'll be in nickle most snaps. I wouldn't bother drafting one so high. Just need depth. 

Problem with 3tec is the isn't an elite prospect and they normally take a year or two to produce. 

Yea but after Collins the bar has been set tremendously low lol and lack of dt is hurting the whole dline. Imo a lb won’t help the pass rush. But if I’m picking a lb gun to my head it’s Bolton 

Parsons would fall under the category of don’t matter what your position group looks like you draft him if he’s there. 

We all know DT is a weakness but just picking a DT cause u need one so early is how u end up with it’s a bust on ur hands. Raiders are gonna have to find creative ways to fill that position cause the draft is not looking good. 

29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m leaning towards barmore just cause we have nothing there at 3t. I think 3t is our top priority. Parsons is a tricky player I’ll have to watch more.

Completely agree.  We cannot afford to ignore the DT position.