2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s definitely not a disqualified, but being 290 Is far from ideal.  22 is an average age, it’s not like he’s 20 and underaged.  He should have packed on more muscle in the year he had.

How do you know he didn't? He looks strong and explosive with speed in these practices. And we don't know his real weight in college. 

Regardless... I'm past judging players by "ideal size". That is why they took a player like Ferrell over a guy like Allen or Burns because of size. Draft the traits and have your training staff develop the body. That's what they are paid for.

• Like 1

If we can't get Leonard Williams I would love to see Levi O in the first or second.  He has HEAVY hands and is pretty active.  Too bad he is ripping it up at the senior bowl.  Might have gotten him in the second without having to move up but now he will probably go in the mid to late first or early second at the latest. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

2nd is a sweet spot for DT- a lot of interesting prospects:

Tufele, Nixon, Onwuzurike,  Wilson, Twyman, Tuipulotu, Shelvin 

a lot of interest names at DT in the second. Shelvin is more of a NT but his projection is a dominant NT. Our defense could use someone who has a dominant ceiling. We could really help out the defensive with going edge and DT in the first two rounds. 

this class also has a few NTs slated to go rounds 3-4 who project to be Day 1 starters. We could let Hankins walk, and save the money for other needs. His PFF grades were bad last year, and our run defense wasn’t all that from the eye test.  

I think you're being very optimistic if you think a 4th round rookie DT can be an instant starter and not a downgrade from Hankins who is a capable and solid starter. There are a few guys who can start straight away obviously but most rookies will take time and are not immediate or even good starters until they get some seasoning. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think you're being very optimistic if you think a 4th round rookie DT can be an instant starter and not a downgrade from Hankins who is a capable and solid starter. There are a few guys who can start straight away obviously but most rookies will take time and are not immediate or even good starters until they get some seasoning. 

I should have typed 4th round NT with starter potential 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Very annoying when you chirp in and I know you've never watched him take a single snap of football in your life. 

I'll just let a professional explain it:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-stock-senior-bowl-risers-tuesday-2021/

Anyway.. he's the best 3T in this draft. That will be apparent come April. He is oozing potential already dominate at the senior bowl practices picking up where he left off. 

You'er right I never saw him play but he still under 6'3 with short arms. Is there something wrong with stating the obvious 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Don't know what he said, but I'm signing Hankins and drafting his replacement/back up in rounds 3 or 4 but got to give two years to develop. Hankins is better than solid and shouldn't be thrown away. Also NT's are NOT 1st round picks which is where 'starters' are drafted. Rarely is a NT worth top 40-50 unless they got mad pass rushing skills and are the last piece of the puzzle. Super Bowl teams can afford early picks on something like that. WE NEED A LOT OF HELP zall over the Defense. LOL

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, G said:

Don't know what he said, but I'm signing Hankins and drafting his replacement/back up in rounds 3 or 4 but got to give two years to develop. Hankins is better than solid and shouldn't be thrown away. Also NT's are NOT 1st round picks which is where 'starters' are drafted. Rarely is a NT worth top 40-50 unless they got mad pass rushing skills and are the last piece of the puzzle. Super Bowl teams can afford early picks on something like that. WE NEED A LOT OF HELP zall over the Defense. LOL

Could bring Hankins back, but I’m not breaking the bank. A few NT free agent options.