2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This free safety class is LOADED. I see multiple starters, which is rare. We need to get one of them. Maybe Moehrig is a borderline elite free safety prospect. He has the best range and ball skills that I've seen since Malik Hooker, though Hooker may be a reason NOT to draft a safety in the 1st round because he's been a bit disappointing with injuries.

I dont think we should take one in round 1 but what are your thoughts on Holland or Cisco?  From the little I have seen both look like intriguing prospects that could pose good value in the 2nd.

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I would love to take a shot at Hooker won’t cost u anything and the upside is enormous if u can hit on it. Much like Nelly was this year. 

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I think this is the move the Raiders really need to make with their salary cap situation. It would just have to be for a low risk high reward deal which I think is very possible. If injuries weren’t an issue he would be a perfect fit for Gus Bradley‘s defense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I dont think we should take one in round 1 but what are your thoughts on Holland or Cisco?  From the little I have seen both look like intriguing prospects that could pose good value in the 2nd.

I like both. I think Holland is a better pure safety and tackler, but Cisco might be a little faster and more ballhawky, but misses tackles and blows coverages at times.

• Like 1

I don’t see how we mess this up, DL needs to be targeted. 

1- Rousseau or Christian Barmore - both have a good ceilings and be instant upgrades...I notice Barmore stock is going up 

2- Daviyon Nixon or Jay Tufele or Marvin Wilson - should be another high ceiling DT and our unit sucks....

3- Walker Little RT- I think the third is a good spot to find Browns replacement. Walker Little fits the Tom Cable mold of big frame OT with traits, a few decent prospects should be there. Cut Brown and use the money on Defense 

——————

draft would accomplish: we would attack the trenches, which smart teams usually go after. DTs go from iffy to a strength with potential. LBs play would improve when the DL improves. Walker comes in to start at RT. 

DE: Max/ Ferrell

UT: Barmore 

NT: Tufele 

DE: Free Agent 

WLB: Littleton 

MLB: Kwit 

SLB: cheaper LB 

CB: Mullen, Arnette 

Slot: Amik 

FS: Free agent 

SS: Abram 

OL: Miller, Simpson, Hudson, Gabe, Walker 

Let Hankins walk, cut Brown. Use the money to sign a stud Edge player and free safety. 2nd wave of free agency sign a Sam, and improve depth on the team. Rounds 4-7 go BPA. Sounds like a really good plan unless we can sign Leonard Williams. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

Was bored so did a mock of TDN 

17. Zaven Collins LB,Tulsa

49. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse 

80. Marlon Tuipulotu IDL, USC

121. Robert Hainsey IOL, ND

161. Pooka Williams RB, Kansas

244. Damar Hamlin S, Pitt

Yes, I know this is pointless because who knows who we’ll sign in FA or who will be cut. Was just bored haha 

On 25/01/2021 at 7:08 PM, agarcia34 said:

I would have Richie as a high 3rd rounder right now. I think a strong week this week will only up his value.

I don’t like Holland. For what Bradley will ask for in his FS is all the concerns I have for Holland. Top Speed and range and the ability to play deep. I like Holland as a box S who might just be better off as a NCB

Andre Cisco is a ball magnet, but his blown coverages are a major issue for me. We already have one guy at S who like to blow coverage can’t have two guys back there. Could be better off as a Zone CB with those ball skills. Wouldn’t trust his playing deep in a cover 3.

Moehrig and Grant are the two best fits for Bradley. Both have great vision both have great range both have that top end speed. Both do a great job tracking the ball in the air. 

Good post, I've seen DraftNetwork mock Grant to us in the 3rd and thought it was a great fit. I'm just catching up on DTs and FSs and there seems to be a nice few options at safety. Understand what you mean with Cisco and why he wouldn't be perhaps your best fit but I just see a potential All Pro in the making but he'd need good coaching, to mature and work on his tackling. He's just too tempting to me as a rough diamond to pass up 😀

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Obi’s little brother from Syracuse is in the draft and like his older brother has all the physical traits you could dream for

I actually like what I've seen of him. He's long an physical. Obi was soft. I still hate that draft pick. Fooled everyone here.... prototypical plays like Jane player 

The more I think about it, we simply must come away from this draft with 2 impact players at DT and FS. For far too long we've made do and patched these positions up short term. We need long term solutions, I guess Darrell Russell was the last real impact DT we drafted and I genuinely cant even remember the last really good FS we drafted.

Edited by Darbsk

Levi Onwuzurike is my top DT in the class currently. Opted out of 2020, so not getting talked about much but he was disruptive at UW the prior season. Long and athletic

Also like Joe Tryon Edge from UW

Good year for tackle as well. Should be able to find a nice one in round 2 or 3

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Levi Onwuzurike is my top DT in the class currently. Opted out of 2020, so not getting talked about much but he was disruptive at UW the prior season. Long and athletic

Also like Joe Tryon Edge from UW

Good year for tackle as well. Should be able to find a nice one in round 2 or 3

Stole that one from me, I been hyping him up. People forgetting about him because he sat out last year. 2nd is great value for DT.