Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

I predict a 1,000-yard season for Tyrell and see him sticking around. It's a win/win for the Raiders no matter what. If he balls out you keep him and you getting your money's worth and you continue to take it year to year. If not then Edwards steps up and gets that playing time and your paying pennies for Edwards compared to the money your saving on cutting Tyrell. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I predict a 1,000-yard season for Tyrell and see him sticking around. It's a win/win for the Raiders no matter what. If he balls out you keep him and you getting your money's worth and you continue to take it year to year. If not then Edwards steps up and gets that playing time and your paying pennies for Edwards compared to the money your saving on cutting Tyrell. 

I’d leaning towards believing Williams has such a good year (1000-1100 yds, 7-10 TDs) that he stays.  As long as he plays well he’ll stay.... unless a very high end WR becomes available and for only 4-5M more we can land him.  Edwards should do well and will be a key contributor by ‘21.  But ‘21 should be the year we make a run and why would we get rid of a good starting WR?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d leaning towards believing Williams has such a good year (1000-1100 yds, 7-10 TDs) that he stays.  As long as he plays well he’ll stay.... unless a very high end WR becomes available and for only 4-5M more we can land him.  Edwards should do well and will be a key contributor by ‘21.  But ‘21 should be the year we make a run and why would we get rid of a good starting WR?

Exactly. If he's playing well, he stays. If not, Edwards gets his shot. I'd be more willing to wager that Joyner is a for sure goner.

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Exactly. If he's playing well, he stays. If not, Edwards gets his shot. I'd be more willing to wager that Joyner is a for sure goner.

I still don't know how to feel about Williams.  He is at best an above average #2, which his 11.5 million contract indicates but has suspect hands and injury concerns.  If he plays 16 games he could very well reach the 1K/ 7TD's mentioned but I am not sure he should be kept around after this year for the reasons mentioned above.

If Juju has a down year and walks I would much rather pay him 16 over the 11.5 that we would pay WIlliams.  Others who I would consider would be Robinson, Golliday, Godwin, Kupp and K. Allen as all would pose an upgrade over WIlliams but who knows if any of them will hit the FA market.  

Edwards success is key and if he can show that he is a solid talent that would also make TW expendable.   Depth is critical for our WR corp and the success of Carr so if we can't land an upgrade over WIlliams in FA I would not be opposed to keeping him around next season.  If we move on from him with no backup plan in place and we have an injury to one of our key WR's we go back to one of the worst corps in the NFL and that would be unacceptable.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Totty said:

Golliday would be unreal here.  One of my favorite non Raiders.

I don't think these premium WR will hit the market. @Frankie2Gunz, all the guys you mentioned are an upgrade. But they could demand a lot more $$$.

Ideally Edwards unseats Tyrell this season and we can save the $ to go after a premium DT/S.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 6:44 PM, agarcia34 said:

Not like we are pressed for cap space, and most of starters are locked in for the future 2021 season. Kinda makes the Mack fiasco look more stupid. Giving that money to Joyner, Gabe Jackson and other instead of Mack Daddy. O well, that’s beyond the point 

Edited by Humble_Beast

with the cap expected to be in a weird place next season... we are actually decently positioned to survive a bad cap year. between Gabe Jackson, Tyrell Williams, LaMarcus Joyner, Marcus Mariota, we have a number of high-salary guys who aren't necessarily can't-live-without guys. Between those 3 starters, natural heirs are already in place (Good/Simpson to replace Gabe, Edwards to replace Williams, Robertson to replace Joyner). 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think these premium WR will hit the market. @Frankie2Gunz, all the guys you mentioned are an upgrade. But they could demand a lot more $$$.

Ideally Edwards unseats Tyrell this season and we can save the $ to go after a premium DT/S.

I agree that it is unlikely that any of them hit the FA market.  That being said if Juju has another down year without AB commanding double teams yet he still is demanding number 1 money I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him for 17 per season if Pit isn't wiling to lock him in long term.  I would consider him and upgrade over WIlliams, especially at a 5 million increase in cost but I do not think he is an elite #1 that can win on his own.  

If we let TW walk we will need to replace him.  As I pointed out if we go into next year with Ruggs, Edwards and Renfrow and one of them gets injured we would be in deep trouble without a serviceable backup in place.  No more Gafford, Ateman and Doss trash on this roster..... 

• Like 1

If Juju has a second down year without AB then why would we want to pay him 17M’ish to be our WR1?

To me that’s crazy!  If he has one great year with Ben as QB in a great offense with AB taking all the pressure off him, then when AB leaves and he has 2 down years.... then what does that prove other than he’s not a real WR1?  He’s actually never proven he can be a WR1 at all.  He’s proven he can be an elite WR2 with the best WR1 in the game taking attention and coverage away for him.

but I don’t think Juju has a down year.  I think he comes back strong, albeit not as strong as ‘18.  If i had to guess on the spot he should get 90-95 catches for 1200.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Practice fields looking ready. 

Yo that is a sick MF practice facility!!! As long as we meet expectations this year there is no way we should have to overpay FAs again.  How does a FA not be immediately impressed about that facility....  it to mention everything’s right by the airport.... the only Way to improve this is have a monorail run right from the Henderson Airport to the HQ, obviously that’s ridiculous and a joke.... 

we all clowned Mark Davis as “Tommy Boy”... getting “bowl cut” haircuts and holding board meetings at Hooters, Applebee’s, and PF Chang’s with his buddy Marcel Reese.....

but little Mark, the guy who even Al thought couldn’t hold his own weight, really proven to be a visionary who actually made it all happen.

I hate that we’re not the Oakland Raiders.... but thank god we left that mess of a state.... it’s In shambles.... families and businesses are fleeing it in droves

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Not like we are pressed for cap space, and most of starters are locked in for the future 2021 season. Kinda makes the Mack fiasco look more stupid. Giving that money to Joyner, Gabe Jackson and other instead of Mack Daddy. O well, that’s beyond the point 

The Mack thing was never about salary.  It wasn’t that we couldn’t have a 25M Carr and a 25M Mack.  It was the fact that 1. Mack didn’t want to be here 2. the only financial “problem” was the fact that every “guaranteed dollar” had to be put in an escrow account at the time of signing, meaning 90M would have to go into an account immediately.

Obviously we always could have afforded both.

• Like 1