2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Just now, JetsandI said:

How could 49ers afford that?

We couldn't unless it was player based and you guys liked fields just as much. It's just that time of year where everyone is going to write stuff and say stuff for clicks. It's been cracking me up this year since we got #3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We couldn't unless it was player based and you guys liked fields just as much. It's just that time of year where everyone is going to write stuff and say stuff for clicks. It's been cracking me up this year since we got #3

And I am one of them. sigh.

2 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

Tough to see how these correlate to actual draft rankings.  According to these stats Newsome should be #1.  Would have like to see composite rankings to determine where the boundaries of Tiers are in these rankings.

Here is where opponent strength comes into play. An outside CB is typically one on one with the WR. I should think Surtain played against higher caliber WR’s with higher caliber QB’s throwing them the ball. To be honest, I am not sure who the other three faced on a game in and game out basis, but I should think Surtain played against tougher opponents. 

10 minutes ago, xrade said:

Here is where opponent strength comes into play. An outside CB is typically one on one with the WR. I should think Surtain played against higher caliber WR’s with higher caliber QB’s throwing them the ball. To be honest, I am not sure who the other three faced on a game in and game out basis, but I should think Surtain played against tougher opponents. 

- Is Newsome really the 4th best corner?

- A guess as to based on his value, what would his draft position be?

15 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

- Is Newsome really the 4th best corner?

- A guess as to based on his value, what would his draft position be?

I don’t know about 4th best, but I am pretty sure he will be gone by the time we pick at 23. In fact, I suspect at least 5 CB’s will go in round 1.

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Requiring a lot of pro practices to get better.

Yeah, I think teams bring him along slowly if he plays early so he's just playing fast and easy and living with the results. As he grows as a passer they open things up for him more. 3 years is where you know if they got it. 

Crawl

Walk

Run

42 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah, I think teams bring him along slowly if he plays early so he's just playing fast and easy and living with the results. As he grows as a passer they open things up for him more. 3 years is where you know if they got it. 

Crawl

Walk

Run

Good enough, Jet fans would call for new quarterback between Crawl and Walk saga. lol.

Edited by JetsandI

11 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Good enough, Jet fans would call for new quarterback between Crawl and Walk saga. lol.

Probably. Not the most patient fan base. But I also think there are some really smart Jet fans who realize it is a process as long as there is some progress. Most were patient with Sam until this year. Some still are. If the team as a whole progresses, the vitriol against individual players lessens.

15 hours ago, Forge said:

3, Bosa and Tomlinson for 2. And you got a deal 😉 

• Like 2