2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I know everyone (pretty much besides me) isn't a fan of going RB at 23. But how long are we going to ignore that most every mock (and I read a bit into what JDs buddies who do mocks put out there) have us taking a RB at 23?

It's time to start realizing its a big possibility.

I personally would love it and think it’s possible.

Everyonr keeps pointing to SF and committee approach. But there’s a chance our offense looks more like GB or TEN. Run heavy with deep play action passes. Having an elite RB will go along way. We’d still need to get a couple of guards to really make it work.

Pick 23 can go in so many ways. Corner, Edge, OL, RB... We need good players.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I dont see us going RB either but he said why wouldn't JD's guys leak his intentions in their mocks. Just showing they did it last year. Its similar to Simms and Shanahan. Simms knows how Kyle thinks but he isn't just giving out all Kyle's secrets when discussing things. 

Just because he hit on the pick doesn't mean JD told him his intentions.  You're jumping to a conclusions.  Everyone knew we were desperate for an OT.  The top 3 were gone in his mock so he gave us Becton.

This idea that DJ knows what JDs board looks like is nothing but speculation.  DJ knows how JD thinks and likely got lucky with his mock just like the million other mocks out there.  Mocking Becton to us with the top 3 others gone isn't a big stretch.  I mean most of us knew we were going OT and DJ knows going WR was unlikely because he knows JD.

I can pretty much guarantee DJ doesn't know what JDs board looks like even if they are friends.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Also they seem to have it nearly in every mock. I don't think that's an accident. They're not trying to create smoke. 99.9% of people have no clue that JD has a connection with McShay and Jermeiah. And you better believe that those 2 guys care more about their accuracy and job more so than creating smoke for JD. Let's be real. 

Mocks are not smoke no matter how much you want to believe it.  Their jobs aren't in jeopardy based on their mock.  Most are way off.  All these guys are guessing.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Just because he hit on the pick doesn't mean JD told him his intentions.  Your jumping to a conclusions.  Everyone knew we were desperate for an OT.  The top 3 were gone in his mock so he gave us Becton.

This idea that DJ knows what JDs board looks like is nothing but speculation.  DJ knows how JD thinks and likely got lucky with his mock just like the million other mocks out there.  Mocking Becton to us with the top 3 others gone isn't a big stretch.  I mean most of us knew we were going OT and DJ knows going WR was unlikely because he knows JD.

I can pretty much guarantee DJ doesn't know what JDs board looks like even if they are friends.

Your contradicting yourself though. So these guys know JDs mind set. But keep mocking RBs to us at 23. But that means nothing? OK?

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Just because he hit on the pick doesn't mean JD told him his intentions.  Your jumping to a conclusions.  Everyone knew we were desperate for an OT.  The top 3 were gone in his mock so he gave us Becton.

JD developed grading system way way back in Cleveland.  DJ does have good idea how JD set up his BB but he needs to ace other 31 teams' BBs to get mostly accurate answer for Jets' picks.

DJ's mock suggested RB would be high on JD's priority whoever RB it is.  

Edited by JetsandI

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

JD developed grading system way way back in Cleveland.  DJ does have good idea how JD set up his BB but he needs to ace other 31 teams' BBs to get mostly accurate answer for Jets' picks.

DJ's mock suggested RB would be high on JD's priority whoever RB it is.  

I think McShay and DJ have no clue what JDs big board is. I'd guess that when they do talk its personal stuff. Like how's the family and stuff. Not hey what's your big board JD.

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Just because he hit on the pick doesn't mean JD told him his intentions.  You're jumping to a conclusions.  Everyone knew we were desperate for an OT.  The top 3 were gone in his mock so he gave us Becton.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said Joe told him anything. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think McShay and DJ have no clue what JDs big board is. I'd guess that when they do talk its personal stuff. Like how's the family and stuff. Not hey what's your big board JD.

Of course not but they do know the tendencies of his grading system.  So does Howie if he gets it.

Those who want a stud RB will grasp onto DJ’s mock. Those who don’t argue the perceived RBBC that LaFleur MAY employ. Who cares?  Count me as one who just wants a good FB player at 23. I would prefer CB or OL, but if we get Harris, I will be happy. He is a good player that will help this team. Isn’t that what we all really want? Talent?  Just please, for the love of God, not Etienne.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

Those who want a stud RB will grasp onto DJ’s mock. Those who don’t argue the perceived RBBC that LaFleur MAY employ. Who cares?  Count me as one who just wants a good FB player at 23. I would prefer CB or OL, but if we get Harris, I will be happy. He is a good player that will help this team. Isn’t that what we all really want? Talent?  Just please, for the love of God, not Etienne.

I agree. Except I'd be happy with Etienne. I do like Harris quite a bit more though. 

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. Except I'd be happy with Etienne. I do like Harris quite a bit more though. 

i have been pushing for a top running back ever since the season ended. You cannot have a strong offensive without having a strong running game. Their are two players in the draft that are first class runners & both are outstanding receiver, both Harris & Travis Etiente, can get the job done, J Williams from UNC is no slouch either. This idea of getting a top RB in the fourth round is nonsense, sure you can get a backup there but not a tier one, the odds are against that. I don't care if we get one at 23 or 34. I have had enough of these late round running backs we been drafting the last eight years.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm so confused with parts of this fan base. They want to fill holes and build a complete team but want to grab a running back high when we still have holes to fill. 

You wont draft a QB but will draft a RB. 

King how many years have we be filling the same holes.

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

King how many years have we be filling the same holes.

True but that's putting past issues on a new regime. Douglas has had 1 draft and has said the draft will be our pipeline for team building. I'm not against adding talent but I just feel like saying we should build the team up before drafting a QB yet advocating a RB in the early part of the draft at the same time is counterintuitive.