2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

2 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

I know it's Pauline, but supposedly we've showed interest. 

What do you mean by that?   Pauline usually delivers most informative real stuffs.   When it comes to his opinions it is up to you to decide. 

Anyway, If Jets actually drafted Jenkins at 23 then I would fully expect him to replace Fant at RT week 1.

5 hours ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

I believe if you have to go back 25 years ago to find a counter example, then he is a "unicorn."  By the way, thank you for your insightful comments.

Ryan Tannehill is a recent example.

Alex Smith is another example. To a lesser extent though.

31 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

What do you mean by that?   Pauline usually delivers most informative real stuffs.   When it comes to his opinions it is up to you to decide. 

Anyway, If Jets actually drafted Jenkins at 23 then I would fully expect him to replace Fant at RT week 1.

+1. 
I like Pauline. He doesn’t seem to just throw stuff out there. Especially not with the Jets. He definitely still has someone in that building he gets info from.

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Tannehill wasn't a bust, he was just injured and Miami wouldn't commit big money to a guy who couldn't stay healthy. 

Smith oddly enough was never considered a true bust but was criticized more for not being Rodgers who SF chose over him. 

However those are two good examples of guys who elevated when going to new teams but still they weren't as bad/inconsistent as Sam has been here.

26 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jamin Davis and Terrance Marshall put up 1st round quality results.  That should clear RB and IOL off from bottom of the 1st round.    2nd 2nd pick is more exciting than 2nd 1st.

2nd 2nd pick? Did we get another 2nd rounder i was not aware of? 

Sadly, all indications are that the Jets will draft a QB and hold into Darnold and try to trade him at the deadline next season. 

Rumor is they are not getting the value they want for him and with it being the STRONGEST QB draft in years, his value is further diminished.  

Look for JD to draft Wilson at #2 and keep Darnold. If we were going to trade Darnold, we would've signed a viable backup QB. 

14 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He asked for traded busted qb that turned around for an acquiring team.  Neither answered his question.

Tannehill was FA signee.

Whilst he didn't live up to top pick billing he had been at least average qb prior to trading to Chiefs.

21 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He asked for traded busted qb that turned around for an acquiring team.  Neither answered his question.

Tannehill was FA signee.

Whilst he didn't live up to top pick billing he had been at least average qb prior to trading to Chiefs.

Oh. I thought Tannehill was traded. Did Alex Smith move to KC via FA or Trade?

I still think they fall into that category of initial team gave up on them too early.

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Tannehill wasn't a bust, he was just injured and Miami wouldn't commit big money to a guy who couldn't stay healthy. 

Smith oddly enough was never considered a true bust but was criticized more for not being Rodgers who SF chose over him. 

However those are two good examples of guys who elevated when going to new teams but still they weren't as bad/inconsistent as Sam has been here.

Darnold is definitely far below those guys. If Darnold finds success, it’ll be a rare situation.

I think he will which is why, if I were a QB needy team, I’d trade a 3rd for him.

But, to your point, there’s like an additional category where a team gives up on a QB because of injury. Brees would be another guy. 

34 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Look for JD to draft Wilson at #2 and keep Darnold. If we were going to trade Darnold, we would've signed a viable backup QB. 

That is certainly possible.  But I don’t think JD is going to trade Sam until he made up his mind about the rookie QB prospects. He basically said that. Fields’ pro day was just this week. Rumor has it Wilson was on a flight to NY, presumably, for an in person interview / medical check. Same may happen for Fields. Until all that happens, if true, JD won’t make up his mind until shortly before the draft. Therefore, Sam trade talk is silent. If and when Sam is gone, only then will JD look for a vet QB.

36 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Darnold is definitely far below those guys. If Darnold finds success, it’ll be a rare situation.

I think he will which is why, if I were a QB needy team, I’d trade a 3rd for him.

But, to your point, there’s like an additional category where a team gives up on a QB because of injury. Brees would be another guy. 

Chargers had Rivers which is probably why they moved on. 49ers also had Kaepernick. So I think all in all both teams don’t regret letting either guy go.

Infeel like the main thing holding Sam back is the turnovers really. It just takes you out of games. I made the comparison recently but he could become a more consistent Fitzpatrick which isn’t a terrible QB at all. 

58 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Oh. I thought Tannehill was traded. Did Alex Smith move to KC via FA or Trade?

I still think they fall into that category of initial team gave up on them too early.

46 minutes ago, skhurst0398 said:

Tannehill was traded, for a 4th I believe. 

Apologies.  Skhurst is correct.   Tanny was traded on the first day of its new league year I think.

Smith was traded twice.  To Chiefs then Washington.