2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

53 minutes ago, xrade said:

That is certainly possible.  But I don’t think JD is going to trade Sam until he made up his mind about the rookie QB prospects. He basically said that. Fields’ pro day was just this week. Rumor has it Wilson was on a flight to NY, presumably, for an in person interview / medical check. Same may happen for Fields. Until all that happens, if true, JD won’t make up his mind until shortly before the draft. Therefore, Sam trade talk is silent. If and when Sam is gone, only then will JD look for a vet QB.

Not allowed

32 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Steve Young seems to believe that we’re committed to Wilson and that we’ve started to recruit his family...whatever that means

I saw that as well. To me it means making them feel good about the organization and the direction we are going. Also if they are contemplating a move to NY, the jets are probably letting them know they'll do anything they need and help in any way they can. 

3 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I saw that as well. To me it means making them feel good about the organization and the direction we are going. Also if they are contemplating a move to NY, the jets are probably letting them know they'll do anything they need and help in any way they can. 

They’ll build him a whole Mormon community I read.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Its become more common with teams now especially with these kids being so young. The Jets actually made sure Darnold got to spend time with his family over Christmas. The Johnsons aren't great but they do make some good moves at times. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Its become more common with teams now especially with these kids being so young. The Jets actually made sure Darnold got to spend time with his family over Christmas. The Johnsons aren't great but they do make some good moves at times. 

I have no issues with the Johnsons as long as they keep out of football personnel decisions which it seems like they are doing. They respect and treat their players well. I am sure they are decent owners to work for. 

The WRs that will be available to us at 34 will be enticing. I imagine at least 1 of Marhsll, Bateman or Moore will be there at 34. And it'd be hard to argue that they aren't worthy of the pick. Should Cole really be preventing us from adding talent there?

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The WRs that will be available to us at 34 will be enticing. I imagine at least 1 of Marhsll, Bateman or Moore will be there at 34. And it'd be hard to argue that they aren't worthy of the pick. Should Cole really be preventing us from adding talent there?

That is a good question, Douglas is a tough man  to figure out. The way WR thru out the entire NFL went down with injuries last year you really need five good WR on your roster. Cole in a interesting player his numbers with the Jags last we not bad at all when you look at the condition he played with. Most of the year the Jags were rotating three QB;s all year. If somehow we come up with a guard, WR, & RB, that will be a huge boost to the offensive, which has been a long time coming.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I am amazed at the talent level at the WR position this year. Granted there are blue chip players in round one. But there are WR's who are going to be drafted all the way to the 6th round who could be game changers. A team like the Jets could add a WR in rounds 4-6 and still get a very good player. 

At 34 I would like to see them pick up a OLB/CB/OL depending on who the draft at 23. WR at this juncture of the draft 34 IMHO would be a wasted luxury especially in light of the fact were terribly undermanned at OL/CB.