Dark Souls Mafia - GAME OVER - BOSSES WIN!!

Whicker

I thought it went well, @Whicker.

If you look back on my games, part of my game balance includes triggers with timed expirations that will enhance scum roles.  To ensure that the game is interesting, and prevent any imbalance that may occur due to external factors.  So, in my mind, your game concept was devised on a similar concept, and prompted engaging gameplay and strategy for everyone.

I would be concerned about the alternative scum WC (Lord Soul WC) in this setup.  But, Town had enough at its disposal to create a normal-length game.

As a bit of a precaution, not to Whicker, but everyone else... if you’re inexperienced as a host, you should NOT use alternative win conditions.  When you have played and hosted enough with your mind toward game mechanics and balance, you can craft this type of game effectively.  If you’re trying it on the fly, it can  curtail all your game design and be a disaster.

Even some of my game concepts go awry.  It’s easier to experiment within the confines of a normal game.  Whicker just has hosted enough that he could effectively invert or break the rule, and the result be engaging rather than calamity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

I've done nothing wrong in the games that were restarted since the Swag/Rags debacle.

If you have a specific post you think breaks the rules...show me. If you have something specific I've done that breaks the rules show me. I need to know what I did wrong in order to fix it (saying someone is voting me cause of a vendetta is not wrong, its within the rules and its 100% part of the game)

That said, it wont be a problem going forward cause im not using words. @Matts4313 sorry buddy, I tried this in the past and you didnt like it, but if "people" have a problem in a game based on arguments with me talking, I wont be talking. A few people will get their way and enjoy the game in their image 

Bucs you should read the games before commenting on what people PM you and other Mods

This is what's wrong.  You saying it's within the rules doesn't make it true.  Saying something like "he always votes for me" or "he always thinks I'm scum" is within the game and fine.  Saying something like "he is only voting for me because of a personal vendetta" goes outside the game and is exactly the kind of personal comment we took a break to get past.

I've explained this multiple times now.

15 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I havent recieved 1 PM from any person about what I have done wrong, might have done wrong, could do better etc. You want to call me out in the thread and say you have tried being polite in PMs...SEND ME ONE. Dont lie to save face in thread

You and I have absolutely had PM discussions about why people were getting frustrated with you and lashing out.

Just because you disagreed doesn’t mean the conversation didn’t happen.

Edited by Dome

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

To add to that....I am probably the only person who starts each game brand new as the mods intended.  I take nothing from the previous game into the new one.  

The trick is to drink.  If you can't remember that last game, you can't take anything from it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think you are annoying. I might have said that at one point. But now I just consider you as a person who explores the improbable. 

That said, I dont like you and your brother teaming up. Even more so if you carry it from game to game. That includes me and @MWil23. I know I did it. But you 2 need to chill out as well.

Matts I can't tell if you are saying this to be funny.  But we never team up and we have 0 vendettas and start each game new...

Unlike others 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

This is what's wrong.  You saying it's within the rules doesn't make it true.  Saying something like "he always votes for me" or "he always thinks I'm scum" is within the game and fine.  Saying something like "he is only voting for me because of a personal vendetta" goes outside the game and is exactly the kind of personal comment we took a break to get past.

I've explained this multiple times now.

Extracting the word vendetta and explaining a vendetta amount to the same thing though right?

I wont say it any more and it wont be a problem because I won't use words. It's fine. Everyone will get a silenced Orca/gif Orca, so there wont be a problem (until someone PMs a mod that they find that annoying lol). I dont like Mods saying they have PMd me when they havent. It adds to the issues at hand 

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Matts I can't tell if you are saying this to be funny.  But we never team up and we have 0 vendettas and start each game new...

Unlike others 

Cmon man. I am actually being serious for once. It will last about another hour. You have to be cognizant of the perception 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

You and I have absolutely had PM discussions about why people were getting frustrated with you and lashing out.

Just because you disagreed didn’t mean the conversation didn’t happen.

1, your not a Mod (that's my gripe currently)

2, that was like a year plus ago

3, wasnt the core of the reason was cause i was annoying 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Cmon man. I am actually being serious for once. It will last about another hour. You have to be cognizant of the perception 

Perception is different than reality.  We have never pooled our votes to lynch someone.  And I go out of my way to start each game new bc I wanna win.  

To suggest that i have a vendetta against anyone let alone use orca to tag team them to lynch them is laughable.

• Like 1