2020 ROT

DreamKid

Like most things, the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

Boykin gets open more than most people think and Lamar misses open guys more than people would like to admit. Doesn't mean Boykin is good and Lamar is bad.

Edited by M.10.E

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To be fair, now that Chris Moore is no longer on the team, we have to have someone else replace the "guy who is clearly never going to break out but fans insist this is his year!" on the Ravens.

That will be James Proche for the next 3 years

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Like most things, the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

Boykin gets open more than most people think and Lamar misses open guys more than people would like to admit. Doesn't mean Boykin is good and Lamar is bad.

I mean, but this type of statement that isn't really a statement. Orlando Brown has more speed than people think. Aaron Donald has less strength at the point of attack than people would like to admit. You can't really make against either of those claims can you?

Myles Boykin does not get open and present a viable target for a high enough percentage of his routes to warrant being a 500 snap player, who gets handed the starting X receiver spot next season. That's the statement I'd make on him.

Does Lamar have room to improve in terms of identifying targets down the field? Absolutely. At least from my perspective, criticism of Lamar doesn't get shrugged off because people don't want to deny that he is the super elite dragon reborn. But, the fact is that Lamar is going to be our QB next season and the chances of a SB victory in the next 5-7 years for this team (where the offense contributes) is tied to him being there. Lamar isn't a variable in terms of rebuilding the offense, short or medium-long term. It's not unique to him either, every QB above a level is the same. We should skip the should Cowboys extend/sign Dak type discussion.

OTOH, bringing in significant competition for the starting WR spot is something that can actually happen to improve the team. And I'm pretty certain it will happen. If they team was sold on Boykin they wouldn't have done the Dez Bryant experiment and given him significant snaps in critical games down the stretch. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Could be either Duvernay or Proche. Is there really a difference between the two at this point?

Got to be Duvernay. His speed and the Harbaugh was celebrating when drafting him clips will carry his hype for a while.

Proche does have the make amazing contested catches against lesser competition thing going for if/when preseason games happen again.

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That's zone coverage?

What are we talking about here? I thought we were talking about the ability to get open on a football field? Which is exactly what he did in that clip? That I said we haven't seen from Proche? And there's more examples of him getting separation throughout the video? Like at 3:15 when he cooks JC Jackson on a stutter-slant move? 

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

What are we talking about here? I thought we were talking about the ability to get open on a football field? Which is exactly what he did in that clip? That I said we haven't seen from Proche? And there's more examples of him getting separation throughout the video? Like at 3:15 when he cooks JC Jackson on a stutter-slant move? 

I think you originally said "get separation". I don't really equate running through an open zone (with another WR 5 yards away, no less) as being able to get open.

13 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think you originally said "get separation". I don't really equate running through an open zone (with another WR 5 yards away, no less) as being able to get open.

Ok soooo what about the other examples throughout the video lol I gave you a time stamp of him doing it against tight coverage from JC Jackson

I'm not up here saying Devin Duvernay is the 2nd coming of Antonio Brown, I said he's different from James Proche in that we've actually seen the former be able to run a route that gets open at the NFL level. The latter hasn't shown us that

This is inarguable