Week 4 GDT: Tennessee Titans (2-1) at Houston Texans (1-2)

titans0021

The way Mularkey put it was Mariota was gonna try and play but he(as in Mularkey) talked him out of it because we've still got 12 games left to play, and I'm sure us getting our *** kicked factored in to that decision too.

I think the injury will turn out very minor. He might miss the Miami game at worst, but the way Miami is playing we should be able to beat them so long as Cassel doesn't wanna throw 17 interceptions, but the way this NFL season has gone, who knows.

But I'm no doctor and that's just my opinion.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Dolphins/Colts/Browns. We then follow those 3 games with our bye. The question is could we go at least 2-1 in this stretch without Mariota? 

That'd give him a nice month to recover from the hamstring injury.

If we get game manager Matt Cassel, sure.

If we get disaster Matt Cassel, no.

Our offense still have problems, If we can’t run the ball, our offense play calling is a joke at times, very vanilla far as route concepts & play calling. 

I feel sometimes we should switch it up & go into games using the pass to setup the run vs run to setup the pass every game. 

It’s like malarkey is hiding Mariota & really wants him to be a drop back behind center QB & almost manage the game vs this is your team, your offense, get out & get in rhythm spread & attack.

I know what I’m about to say sounds crazy or weird but to me it seems that our defense & offense plays wit the same mentality sort of speak. It’s like our offense isn’t the aggressors we let the opposing team defense attack & we go bout trying to score laid back & even keel.

on defense we're not aggressive enough or flying to the ball, or applying pressure. Our CBs giving up too much cushion sitting on routes, we never play wit urgency until we’re playing catch up 

36 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

My question still remains:

why did we draft taywan taylor?

I feel you on this 1, everytime he’s given the opportunity he makes plays, Decker has been a none factor so far. This offense needs speed on the perimeter 

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Our offense still have problems, If we can’t run the ball, our offense play calling is a joke at times, very vanilla far as route concepts & play calling. 

I feel sometimes we should switch it up & go into games using the pass to setup the run vs run to setup the pass every game. 

It’s like malarkey is hiding Mariota & really wants him to be a drop back behind center QB & almost manage the game vs this is your team, your offense, get out & get in rhythm spread & attack.

This has been my pet peeve with the offense. It's too conjusted and conservative at times.

I mean, look at how the Texans spread things out and lined up the majority of time in shotgun for Watson, similar to his college offense. They played to his strength. 

The lack of us going no huddle spread with Mariota this season, has probably been the most disappointing thing for me this season. 

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This has been my pet peeve with the offense. It's too conjusted and conservative at times.

I mean, look at how the Texans spread things out and lined up the majority of time in shotgun for Watson, similar to his college offense. They played to his strength. 

The lack of us going no huddle spread with Mariota this season, has probably been the most disappointing thing for me this season. 

& that’s why I call malarkey fisher 2.0 good coaches take advantage of personnel skill set, ex when NE had Randy moss stallworth & welker, they spread you out & attack vertical & short intermediate passes. When they had gronk & Hernandez they went 2 TE’s 1 as an in line blocker 1 out wide & attack between the numbers. 

Look how Houston built its offense around Watson, or how Carolina built its offense around cam, or better yet look what the rams doing wit Goff now 

I don’t care how many times we win, as long as I continue to see this I will never vouch for malarkey as HC, he’s shown time & time again if we can’t run the ball, he will only change our offense play calling & scheme up when we’re playing catch up & pressing to match points.

Archived