Jump to content

The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0


titans0021
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://theathletic.com/3949805/2022/11/30/ohio-state-mike-vrabel-coach/?source=user_shared_article
 

“Ohio state should give Mike vrabel the world, resume dominance, and never look back”

 

I want to die. Article also talks about how much Vrabel has said he loves recruiting.

I just feel it in my bones. How the f*** am I supposed to fall back asleep

 

the best titans writer just casually DROPS this thought piece 

 

This probably won’t come until a year from now, after Jim Harbaugh’s Michiganthrottles Ryan Day’s Ohio State for a third straight season and the fury of a fan base becomes the charge of an athletic director.

But it will come, if Ohio State AD Gene Smith has an any sense for where things are headed in Columbus and what’s been happening in Nashville.”

 

bingo.

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Remember when the media kept chattering about AJ Brown being traded when we'd heard nothing of the such and we kept saying it was nonsense and outsiders just trying to will something into existence? I fear this may be the same thing. 

I don’t think this is apples to apples, and this article is very much a “what if” thought piece, but I get what you’re saying 

 my perspective on it is this — OSU can offer the world to anyone they want to give it to. It’s as good of a job in FOOTBALL as there is. If they decide to ever move on from Day (which I dont think is happening right now nor does the article insinuate), Vrabel is the first and only phone call they’ll have to make 

and who could blame him for leaving? He’d make 3x the $$ and he would have total control 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

https://theathletic.com/3949805/2022/11/30/ohio-state-mike-vrabel-coach/?source=user_shared_article
 

“Ohio state should give Mike vrabel the world, resume dominance, and never look back”

 

I want to die. Article also talks about how much Vrabel has said he loves recruiting.

I just feel it in my bones. How the f*** am I supposed to fall back asleep

 

the best titans writer just casually DROPS this thought piece 

 

This probably won’t come until a year from now, after Jim Harbaugh’s Michiganthrottles Ryan Day’s Ohio State for a third straight season and the fury of a fan base becomes the charge of an athletic director.

But it will come, if Ohio State AD Gene Smith has an any sense for where things are headed in Columbus and what’s been happening in Nashville.”

 

bingo.

I will now be rooting for Ohio State to win the championship this year. And next.

Edited by twotonebluenation
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t think this is apples to apples, and this article is very much a “what if” thought piece, but I get what you’re saying 

 my perspective on it is this — OSU can offer the world to anyone they want to give it to. It’s as good of a job in FOOTBALL as there is. If they decide to ever move on from Day (which I dont think is happening right now nor does the article insinuate), Vrabel is the first and only phone call they’ll have to make 

and who could blame him for leaving? He’d make 3x the $$ and he would have total control 

 

If he is having success here wouldn't it be a weird look for him to leave? Only situation I could see him being ok with leaving if there is a rift between him and Jrob. Which I don't totally see. Harbaugh left the 49ers after having success but having an issue with Baalke. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Remember when the media kept chattering about AJ Brown being traded when we'd heard nothing of the such and we kept saying it was nonsense and outsiders just trying to will something into existence? I fear this may be the same thing. 

I do think it's a very real scenario that he'd consider. I think it's the only place he'd leave the Titans for...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I do think it's a very real scenario that he'd consider. I think it's the only place he'd leave the Titans for...

No successful NFL coach has ever left for a college program.  Ever.  A snowball has a better chance in hell than this happening.

Let's give some examples the other way: USC is often considered one of the pinnacle football programs in college.  They tried to hire Jeff Fisher for years, and even when his seat was warm with the Titans, he never seriously considered it.  It was his alma mater.

Any NFL job is considered an upgrade over a college program.  That's why Urban Meyer can win National Championships with multiple schools and get laughed at when he gets hired as the coach of the NFL team most associated with being a backwards run, toxic, basement dweller.  Then he becomes the worst NFL head coach of all time and can still fall backwards into being the top candidate for a power 5 job.

The NFL is to literally any FBS program what a power 5 FBS program is to an FCS program.  They're not the same plane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...