Rank every division’s QB situations: NFC East

3 hours ago, Elky said:

Wentz is the most overrated quarterback in the league. He's nowhere near top 5.

Who said he was Top 5? I saw "has the ability to be a top 5 QB in the league"? Which he does. His MVP type season of 2017 proves that.

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

Matts vs. Eagles posters is about to spill over into NFL General

Matts is pathetic

Get ready for this thread to be overwhelmed with Dak graphs, Dak Charts, Dak Fancy Stats all so Matts can push his Jock Riding Dak Bias

• Like 1

Dak was an AMAZING 4th round pick who saved the franchise when they needed him.

Hes a pretty good NFL QB and was one heck of a bargain for 4 years.

He is not worth 28 a year let alone 35 a year.

Jerrah agrees on the 35 part or he would already be signed.

Dak is ONLY comparable to Wentz based on their rookie seasons. Wentz is clearly better after that.

Both played 16 games in 2016. Dak is 2-6 in the extra 8 games he has played since that year.

• Wentz is 25-15 from 2017-2019
  • Dak is 27-21 from 2017-2019

Dak played about 6 easy button games last year and he absolutely dominated lesser talent. 

He put up 17 TDs to 2 picks against DC, NY, MIA, and the Lions. (All bottom 7 scoring defenses)

He got Miami early when everyone was pounding them and he got Detroit after the Diggs trade.

Good for him for doing his job in going 6-0 but Cooper Rush could have probably gone 6-0 against those teams. (5-1 at worst)

How about the rest of the schedule where he went 2-8 with 13 TDs to 9 picks. xD

That man got the franchise tag and wants 35 million a year.

Wentz 2019 was a lot like Dak 2017. How did they both handle adversity?

Dak is healthier but far less of a QB.

Is the plan to figure out the worst teams on the schedule, play Dak those weeks, and then hope Dalton can improve on 2-8.

Its radical but I kinda like it.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who said he was Top 5? I saw "has the ability to be a top 5 QB in the league"? Which he does. His MVP type season of 2017 proves that.

Even that season he was above average at best.

6 minutes ago, Elky said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Even that season he was above average at best.

Now you're just being silly. 👌

55 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Dak is ONLY comparable to Wentz based on their rookie seasons. Wentz is clearly better after that.

Both played 16 games in 2016. Dak is 2-6 in the extra 8 games he has played since that year.

Dak played about 6 easy button games last year and he absolutely dominated lesser talent. 

He put up 17 TDs to 2 picks against DC, NY, MIA, and the Lions. (All bottom 7 scoring defenses)

He got Miami early when everyone was pounding them and he got Detroit after the Diggs trade.

Good for him for doing his job in going 6-0 but Cooper Rush could have probably gone 6-0 against those teams. (5-1 at worst)

Is the plan to figure out the worst teams on the schedule, play Dak those weeks, and then hope Dalton can improve on 2-8.

Wentz impressed the hell out of me last year getting it done with the trash set of recievers he had and still winning 9 games, even for a guy I considered Captain checkdown

Wentz has a much higher ceiling than Dak, but a lower floor. His low floor is when he gets hurt and his backup will have to go in and steer the ship. If I had to choose, I take Wentz on a gamble that he can stay healthy

Take out Dak's outlier rookie year 4 YEARS AGO and his win/loss record looks less impressive compared to his contemporaries

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If you are going to make a 500 word write up excluding one of Daks best seasons, do the same for Wentz and exclude that 9 game fluke. 

Passing Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A
Att Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Dak Prescott 2018 2019 30 32 18-14-0 744 1122 66.3 8787 52 98.4 90 19 79 498 7.8 8.00 6.90 7.06 127 582 9 4.6 42 0 0 0   0
2 Carson Wentz 2018 2019 21 27 14-13-0 667 1008 66.2 7113 48 96.7 58 14 68 432 7.1 7.38 6.21 6.52 96 336 1 3.5 19 1 4 0 4.0 4

Shockingly, Dak is still better across the board, despite having a "worse surrounding cast"... Not shocked

14 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

1.  Dak Prescott's going to get his long term deal and he's only going to improve from here on out.  He's got the tangibles and intangibles to be the franchise QB for Dallas.  They have a very solid insurance policy with Andy Dalton as the backup, so they are in really good shape.  

2. Drafting Jalen Hurts was a great decision for Philadelphia given how injury prone Carson Wentz really is, and who knows whether or not Hurts will actually end up being the long term answer for them.  Nonetheless, I'm not sold on Hurts being long term due to his strong tendency to run the football.  He's nowhere near as fast as Lamar is, so I don't think that approach is going to work for him in the NFL.  Regardless, Philadelphia has something to experiment with if Wentz gets hurt again.  

3. Daniel Jones didn't have a bad rookie season by any means, but he's going to have to become more comfortable.  I don't like the idea of QBs needed mother wings on the sidelines to mentor them as they make their way to the starting role.  Jones has had a whole season to become comfortable at New York.  And, now he's in the driver's seat with Eli Manning walking out the door forever.  New York has some experienced backups in Colt McCoy and Alex Tanney.  But for Jones, there's no excuse not to be much better going into this season.  

4.  Forget about Hasbeen Haskins.  He's not going to be a starting QB in the NFL long term.  He's like the Jamarcus Russell 2.0. And, Alex Smith just needs to retire. He'll never even have another shot at a postseason game for the rest of his remaining years.  Acquiring Kyle Allen was "okay", but how good of a backup is he?  Their situation doesn't make any sense. 

How is Haskins in anyway relative to Jamarcus Russell? He had a coach who didn't want him and by the time he was starting his entire receiving corp was comprised of rookies and first year players. A third rounder, a sixth rounder and an undrafted free agent were his primary targets. He also had studs at TE like Hale Hentges and Jeremy Sprinkle.  Even with all that, save for the first game he was thrust into by a coach who forced him to run scout team, he didn't have a multi-interception game the rest of the season. His game improved in nearly every facet as his season went on. In his 7 starts he threw 7 TDs against 3 interceptions so I just don't get this idea where he was terrible? He just looked like a rookie on a bad football team.

13 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Using your own barometer here, against DC, NY, the Lions, and Miami Wentz put up 14 TDs to 1 pick (also 2 lost fumbles) against those very same teams. Really not that much different.

• Like 1

Cowboys- Shortened offseason who do I trust more? You’ve got two veteran professional QBs in Dak Prescott and the Red Rifle, with a new coaching staff to inject new lifeblood in the team plus all of those weapons at every level... I can’t see that room not having the better performance. If this were last year, I would for sure go Eagles... but McCarthy was once considered an “IT” coach similar to how Doug Peterson is considered now. I see no reason Stella can’t get her groove back... considering all the talent on that roster.

Eagles- Wentz and Dak are both similarly leveled QBs... but Wentz has huge durability concerns. What’s more the backup QB situation, especially considering the offseason... could really ruin things. I don’t think the current backups are going to cut it and while I like Hurts I don’t think he will have enough time to truly be ready for the big moment that he will undoubtedly see at some point this season. I think he will perform admirably but not to a level where he could legitimately take the reigns of the QB job.

Redskins- Again coaching matters. The NE coaches (of past) doesn’t have the best track record to base success off of, while Rivera has shown he can be a high end coach. How does that impact the QB room? I think it establishes a winning culture and that confidence the team has will more easily translate into performance for Haskins/Allen. I expect Haskins to win the job, but the competition will also force him to really take his game to another level. With the shortened offseason the structure of a veteran head coach I feel could aid in allowing him to grow. He’s also got superior tools and at the end of the day I believe he will have superior offensive talent. They have a RB stable that I think is going to be one of the best in the league and he’s got Terry McLaurin who is a known boss. I see a defense that could get him short fields and allow him to be just a game manager as he develops into something more.

Giants- Rookie HC plus extended offseasons. It’s going to be a very difficult situation. They did improve that OL considerably however. I expect them to be competitive but ultimately while Saquan is a beast and should really help Jones, he’s only one man. They have weapons that some would say are better than the Redskins, but I wouldn’t agree. Golden Tate isn’t getting any younger and is two seasons removed from 1000 yds. I don’t expect the light to suddenly turn back on. Sheppard also isn’t “the guy” either. So considering I think Haskins is the better “talent” and he’s got the better weapons and more proven coaching... would for sure take that room over the Giants room if I were a fan of either squad.

Edited by diamondbull424
More info
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If I'm taking a QB out of the two, its definitely Dak. The ability to play better only means something when they are actually playing when their needed most. 

Plus the difference between their stats is not really significant. Durability is the deciding factor here and if Dak does get a 35m a year contract im willing to bet the Cowboys will get more of their moneys worth then the Eagles who have yet to see any reasonable return from Wentz. 

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If I'm taking a QB out of the two, its definitely Dak. The ability to play better only means something when they are actually playing when their needed most. 

Plus the difference between their stats is not really significant. Durability is the deciding factor here and if Dak does get a 35m a year contract im willing to bet the Cowboys will get more of their moneys worth then the Eagles who have yet to see any reasonable return from Wentz. 

Considering Wentz just got his contract, that would mean Dak would actually have to win the NFCE in 2020 and make the Playoffs this season. In order to see the supposed return you are referring too?

Wentz played a full season and put the team on his back to make the playoffs. Something Dak has never been asked to do. Just saying.

That's said......It's an absolute joke, Daniel Snyder Esq', that Jerry is treating Dak like Kirk Cousins! I sure as hell hope they're master plan is to count on Andy Friggen Dalton to take them to the promise land?  Screw this pooch up too Jerry, just like Daniel did! 🙏🙏

Edited by Nabbs4u