Mortal Kombat Mafia: TOWN WINS. KSJ/Counselor lose. Malf is still crying.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Me: *Sees my role, character, and about 2 game mechanics D1*

Guys it’s a bastard game!

Swag: MWil doesn’t know what that means

*5 people like this post*

Matts: *Reveals the setup/hidden mechanics*

*Everyone else*

Oooooh! It was a bastard game!!!!!

You and Malf figured out a lot of the game mechanics pretty early, but some others (swag) fought you like crazy.

6 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

FWIW, I believed you that it was a bastard game, but I didn't know what that meant lol. Luckily, Matts PM'd me, confirmed your theory, and let me know what it meant fairly early on.

Goddamnit, what does "dont share this PM" mean?

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

well, that was awfully nice of matts

I just explained, because he was new, that a bastard game means I could be lying and to not trust things. Also, I titled him adaptor but the role is normally called a universal back up. No matter what the snitch says I didnt confirm any theory. 

4 hours ago, SwAg said:

If you’re inclined to believe it’s a bastard game from the onset then it’s not really a bastard game because you can adjust your play to accommodate.

People tend to use these terms simply because they have an idea of what they mean in their head.  Making the Tracker a Serial Killer.  Now that’s a bastard move.  Having not ideal flavor for characters and roles.  That’s just whatever matts wants to think it is.

I actually had a couple roles with similar ideas. A jailer that could 50/50 be an electrocutioner. A bodyguard that always failed. A cult that could only recruit the ninja roles was also in play. 

Game was originally 25. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Why I reiterated that this setup would be best without a theme, because in the context of the theme, this is not merely a bastard of Mortal Kombat, it is tantamount to the illegitimate son of Hitler.

@Matts4313 this I agree with as well. I absolutely loved the wrinkles and hidden mechanics, but combining it with a theme was problematic IMO. 

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You and Malf figured out a lot of the game mechanics pretty early, but some others (swag) fought you like crazy.

Goddamnit, what does "dont share this PM" mean?

I just explained, because he was new, that a bastard game means I could be lying and to not trust things. Also, I titled him adaptor but the role is normally called a universal back up. No matter what the snitch says I didnt confirm any theory. 

I actually had a couple roles with similar ideas. A jailer that could 50/50 be an electrocutioner. A bodyguard that always failed. A cult that could only recruit the ninja roles was also in play. 

Game was originally 25. 

I really wish we had 25 instead of what we did. Those would have been awesome for this setup