Mortal Kombat Mafia: TOWN WINS. KSJ/Counselor lose. Malf is still crying.

10 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Nothing in this post is personal, just my own observations from this game.

Alright, here are my crappy critiques of winning town, Pickle, and Mwil:

There were a few people who spent a large portion of the game unverified and we're largely ignored as being potential scum.

@Blue had a genius move. Incredible work overall, just sort of turned a blinder to Mwil. Apparently it's somewhat valid, though, because Mwil was town and happened to become scum right before he died. (This answers my question about whether the move order was BEFORE the stolen soul or AFTER the fact). Anyways, good overall, I'm sorry it unraveled to the point that it did.

@SwAg is always supremely confident in his abilities.

@Dome threw me for a loop. I was convinced that he was scum and would have targeted him with night moves if he wasn't already cleared. That episode with Pickle had you both looking bad, but that was only because we were functioning with the assumption that the game worked in pairs, and the information that we actually had about your ability didn't have enough context for us to tell that it was different from what Pickle claimed and what I had. Also part of why you and Pickle were seemingly counter-claiming each other. However, that was resolved a few hours later. Sort of disappointed with the whole "the game was solved, so I checked out" thing. I mean, I was very nearly the lynch, and so then your redirect on Pickle would have been worthless. And he would be gaining a hit. Still, that was a clutch play at the end that ultimately won the game.

@Pickle Rick, imagine my surprise when I woke up in the morning and checked mafia, only to see you claiming my exact ability. I knew it was a gambit right away and you were obvious scum at that point. 

@The Orca, nice work trying to game-solve.

@theuntouchable, I'm going to be honest; I didn't even see one of your posts until yesterday.

@kingseanjohn, nice profile pic.

@MWil23, so with the revelation of YOU being the convert, I guess I was wrong but was ultimately proven right. Saved by circumstance, I guess. I mean, you were generally correct in this one. GG.

@HoboRocket, what a stupid game! Come on, now. Your moves were practically worthless. Bed time for training? That goes out the window with mafia! What is this, pre-school? Yes, you may have read the final four mafia-aligned individuals perfectly, including being one of the only ones on the Mwil bus and instantly knowing who the GF was, but you got lucky that Mwil was converted. You botched the last vote with your attempt at misdirection in case mafia tried to pull anything, and nearly cost yourself the game as a result. You also said the word gambit when you said that you know Pickle is lying, which caused people to briefly tunnel on you and read you as mafia. Honor code? Yeah, you may have told the truth the entire game, but you handicapped yourself.

Is that everyone? I think it's everyone.

I wasn’t converted at all. I was framed due to their writeup ability. There wasn’t a conversion. BBB was scum that they framed as Town and I was Town that they framed as scum.

Pickle/Tsung “stealing a soul” means that he killed me N4, and anytime Tsung kills he “steals a soul”, meaning ability. He received my redirect upon killing me.

• Like 2

Me: *Sees my role, character, and about 2 game mechanics D1*

Guys it’s a bastard game!

Swag: MWil doesn’t know what that means

*5 people like this post*

Matts: *Reveals the setup/hidden mechanics*

*Everyone else*

Oooooh! It was a bastard game!!!!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Everyone else*

FWIW, I believed you that it was a bastard game, but I didn't know what that meant lol. Luckily, Matts PM'd me, confirmed your theory, and let me know what it meant fairly early on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I wasn’t converted at all. I was framed due to their writeup ability. There wasn’t a conversion. BBB was scum that they framed as Town and I was Town that they framed as scum.

Pickle/Tsung “stealing a soul” means that he killed me N4, and anytime Tsung kills he “steals a soul”, meaning ability. He received my redirect upon killing me.

Good to know. So I was wrong about you. Glad I could trust you. That means I was right about BBB, though!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Everyone else*

TBF I'm not sure how anyone could've argued this wasn't a bastard game from the second you got a PM without an alignment or wincon.

• Like 2

We can have a new game every other week. Mortal Combat started on Saturday, May 16th.

I think I'm clear to start my game on Sunday night. That would put us at over 8 full days without a new game being posted, so one every other week, as well as several days cool down (Thursday night to Sunday night).

49 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Nothing in this post is personal, just my own observations from this game.

Alright, here are my crappy critiques of winning town, Pickle, and Mwil:

There were a few people who spent a large portion of the game unverified and we're largely ignored as being potential scum.

@Blue had a genius move. Incredible work overall, just sort of turned a blinder to Mwil. Apparently it's somewhat valid, though, because Mwil was town and happened to become scum right before he died. (This answers my question about whether the move order was BEFORE the stolen soul or AFTER the fact). Anyways, good overall, I'm sorry it unraveled to the point that it did.

@SwAg is always supremely confident in his abilities.

@Dome threw me for a loop. I was convinced that he was scum and would have targeted him with night moves if he wasn't already cleared. That episode with Pickle had you both looking bad, but that was only because we were functioning with the assumption that the game worked in pairs, and the information that we actually had about your ability didn't have enough context for us to tell that it was different from what Pickle claimed and what I had. Also part of why you and Pickle were seemingly counter-claiming each other. However, that was resolved a few hours later. Sort of disappointed with the whole "the game was solved, so I checked out" thing. I mean, I was very nearly the lynch, and so then your redirect on Pickle would have been worthless. And he would be gaining a hit. Still, that was a clutch play at the end that ultimately won the game.

@Pickle Rick, imagine my surprise when I woke up in the morning and checked mafia, only to see you claiming my exact ability. I knew it was a gambit right away and you were obvious scum at that point. 

@The Orca, nice work trying to game-solve.

@theuntouchable, I'm going to be honest; I didn't even see one of your posts until yesterday.

@kingseanjohn, nice profile pic.

@MWil23, so with the revelation of YOU being the convert, I guess I was wrong but was ultimately proven right. Saved by circumstance, I guess. I mean, you were generally correct in this one. GG.

@HoboRocket, what a stupid game! Come on, now. Your moves were practically worthless. Bed time for training? That goes out the window with mafia! What is this, pre-school? Yes, you may have read the final four mafia-aligned individuals perfectly, including being one of the only ones on the Mwil bus and instantly knowing who the GF was, but you got lucky that Mwil was converted. You botched the last vote with your attempt at misdirection in case mafia tried to pull anything, and nearly cost yourself the game as a result. You also said the word gambit when you said that you know Pickle is lying, which caused people to briefly tunnel on you and read you as mafia. Honor code? Yeah, you may have told the truth the entire game, but you handicapped yourself.

Is that everyone? I think it's everyone.

I think I had all of about 10 posts throughout. I seriously didn’t want to play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Thanks, Josh. You're on my nice list.

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Don't let @SwAgsee that because I have anger issues and he will call it enabling behavior.

In the scum chat he wanted to chop up my body and put it in a pickle jar. Don’t fall for it!