LA Stadium seeking more money

soflbillsfan

Just now, LeotheLion said:

Correct. The biggest indicator is cost. 

We've already covered this. LA is more expensive than just about everywhere else, so the cost isn't reliable either.

It's not $4B better than Jerruh's World, despite the price tag saying it costs that much more; It's just cheaper to build in Arlington, TX vs Los Angeles, CA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

We've already covered this. LA is more expensive than just about everywhere else, so the cost isn't reliable either.

It's not $4B better than Jerruh's World, despite the price tag saying it costs that much more; It's just cheaper to build in Arlington, TX vs Los Angeles, CA.

I'm not saying $4B better. It's conversely also not 4x as cheap to build in Arlington.

The Rangers just built a new baseball stadium in Arlington for 1.1b. Do you honestly think that would cost even $2b in LA? 

Edited by LeotheLion

7 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The Rangers just built a new baseball stadium in Arlington for 1.1b. Do you honestly think that would cost even $2b in LA? 

I don't know, because I don't know what it would cost to build a new baseball stadium in LA. 

I know that a new football stadium in LA cost 6x more, though. 

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't know, because I don't know what it would cost to build a new baseball stadium in LA. 

I know that a new football stadium in LA cost 6x more, though. 

I don't know if you are serious or trolling but I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. 

Chargers came up short on selling PSL's - they were supposed to have hit $ 400 Million, but they only got about $120 million
So part of the new loan is to cover the LA Chargers inability to sell PSLs at SoFi. Which is kind of crazy when you think about it

Personal Seat Licenses are a total scam, but these guys freaking sold the same seat twice ... with the Chargers' license owner paying less
Its going to be awkward when the Rams host the Chargers in 2022

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm not saying $4B better. It's conversely also not 4x as cheap to build in Arlington.

Do you know for a fact it's not 1/4 the cost to build in Arlington?  I think you are making an assumption without facts.  Keep in mind through your claim, that this is not a $6B stadium, it's a $2B stadium whose price ballooned to $6B.  And again cost is relative.  You want to know how relative?  Well the median home price in Arlington is just under $200K, whereas the median home in LA costs more than 3x as much at $600K.  Account for inflation and I would say that Jerry world in fact cost more.  And Jerry world stayed on budget, it was supposed to be $2B and it stayed there, whereas Sofi was supposed to be $2B and then it skyrocketed and not because the design was changed.

17 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

I didn’t pay for the stadium and it wasn’t California tax dollars that paid for it. If we get to host the olympics and have that kind of spectacle in Los Angeles will be amazing and totally worth the NFL’s and Kroenke’s money to me. It’s been since 84 and I was too young to really enjoy the Olympics here. I couldn’t be this excited unless we were getting a real NFL team too. 

The problem is you are going to pay for it if you want to go to any NFL game that 900 mil that Kroenke has request from the NFL comes at a cost to fans it isnt just free money. In order for the NFL to recoup that money they need to increase overall ticket prices. Revenue is kept and also shared through out the league, so the cost of 900 mil being in the hole will have to be added to ticket cost which Goodell will force other organizations to bump up their ticket price in order to make back that money so you can say your not paying for it but in actuality you are if you go to games. 

The NFL is increasing ticket prices across the board, regardless of any specific stadium costs.
When the owners saw how much THEIR tickets were being sold for on the secondary market, they launched a huge campaign to capture those dollars

First, they signed an exclusive deal with Ticketbastard as the only preferred and legit outlet. Then they added massive "convenience" charges that are so onerous, they won't even show them to you until you hit the final screen. Then they started the fear campaign about counterfeit tickets even though that represents an infinitesimally small number of tickets. Then they moved away from paper tickets to digital tickets because they want to track everything and control everything - which they can't do with the paper tickets.

NFL ticket prices are not materially impacted by SoFi stadium, that train already left the station and prices will continue to increase until they squeeze out the brokers and reap even mo money for themselves.

At the end of the day, you apparently don't like SoFi or the added costs and that's fine.
Vote with your dollars and when the Bills either revamp or build a new stadium, you can boycott that one too.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The NFL is increasing ticket prices across the board, regardless of any specific stadium costs.
When the owners saw how much THEIR tickets were being sold for on the secondary market, they launched a huge campaign to capture those dollars

First, they signed an exclusive deal with Ticketbastard as the only preferred and legit outlet. Then they added massive "convenience" charges that are so onerous, they won't even show them to you until you hit the final screen. Then they started the fear campaign about counterfeit tickets even though that represents an infinitesimally small number of tickets. Then they moved away from paper tickets to digital tickets because they want to track everything and control everything - which they can't do with the paper tickets.

NFL ticket prices are not materially impacted by SoFi stadium, that train already left the station and prices will continue to increase until they squeeze out the brokers and reap even mo money for themselves.

At the end of the day, you apparently don't like SoFi or the added costs and that's fine.
Vote with your dollars and when the Bills either revamp or build a new stadium, you can boycott that one too.

Its not about boycotting stadiums its about getting a reasonable ticket price and when an owner has to seek money from the league the cost come in to play which comes at the cost of fans. That is the issue. You can talk about tv rights and other nonsense to justify the debacle that kreonke has put them in by blaming chargers for not selling psl or that the area is going to bring in sports district or that the cost of tickets are going up but the reason they are is because of idiots trying to build stadiums like this. Having a loan from the NFL comes at a cost and it is in the fans pockets that they are taking from. The issue is its 6 freaking billion dollars where no stadium has come close to even half of that. New York/New Jersey has 1.6 billion an expensive area yet they managed to not over spend.  Even if Buffalo built a new stadium its not going to be 1/4 of what LA is paying. Kroenke is getting bent over and publicly embarrassed by the cost of this. I would much rather see the city pay for it then the league as this will not impact ticket prices for the other 31 teams and the ones really using the stadium are locals force them to inherit this massive mistake. The Vegas stadium might look silly on the outside if you feel like that matters but they have all of the top of line stuff put in to it and still managed to get under 2 billion, they will be a hot spot for other avenues as well as it will appeal to visitors to go to Vegas as a destination for olympics or world cup. Basically anything that can be done at LA stadium is or has already been done to the biggest stadiums, that are more recent with cost under 2 billion. FYI I dont live in Buffalo, I have been to a dozen or so stadiums for NFL games so I am aware of what most nfl stadiums bring and no matter what LA has it will not justify the cost of 6 billion. If you think about it he could have put in a new arena for the Nuggets, Avalanche, along with a football stadium, and a new stadium overseas for his arsenal team at the same price if he was reasonable with the stadium cost and not trying to show off to the sports world that he has to have the best stadium ever built.

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

And Jerry world stayed on budget, it was supposed to be $2B and it stayed there, whereas Sofi was supposed to be $2B and then it skyrocketed and not because the design was changed.

The budget of AT&T was $650M. It doubled it's budget with a final cost of $1.3B. The original budget of SoFi was $2.66B. In what world do you round $1.3B up to $2B and $2.66B down to $2B?

If you want to call me out for making logical assumptions without facts then the least you can do is present accurate facts.

7 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The budget of AT&T was $650M. It doubled it's budget with a final cost of $1.3B. The original budget of SoFi was $2.66B. In what world do you round $1.3B up to $2B and $2.66B down to $2B?

If you want to call me out for making logical assumptions without facts then the least you can do is present accurate facts.

Not sure were you got $650M from, the moment it was announced they were saying $2B.  

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 6:47 PM, LeotheLion said:

I don't know if you are serious or trolling but I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. 

I am wondering the same thing...

Perhaps we should agree to disagree.