LA Stadium seeking more money

soflbillsfan

26 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

41 minutes ago, .Buzz said:
2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Is that percent filled excluding all the seats covered by tarps?

Yes.

That's what I thought.

The tarps are gone, bro. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I honestly do not get the point of spending stupid money on a stadium. I have one purpose going to a game and that is to watch football and have a beer with a Burger or Hot dog. Big screen is a plus just for those who cant see. Give me a urinal or a toilet, a concession stand, and a seat. Going all out to out do other stadiums is just a pissing contest. If you want frills, shops and other restaurants go to a strip mall or a Sports bar. Its an NFL stadium and you can host other things but you do not need to drop billions of dollars on a stadium. It just means the fans will end up suffering in the long run by paying more for tickets to make up for this nonsense.

Different people go for different things. They're not only trying to appeal to people like us, who are interested enough in the football alone to post on a forum like this. They're also not only building it for football, for that matter.

So this’ll be what...the 4th thread in the last month and a half where Rams fans will have to galaxy-brain explain away how the Rams are actually not at all to blame for the latest Ram-related blunder here?

Give the fans a break Kroenke lmao sheeeesh they’re already dead 

32 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

So this’ll be what...the 4th thread in the last month and a half where Rams fans will have to galaxy-brain explain away how the Rams are actually not at all to blame for the latest Ram-related blunder here?

Give the fans a break Kroenke lmao sheeeesh they’re already dead 

How is this a blunder that fans care about? Kroenke is footing the bill. The fans get to enjoy the world's best stadium. 

18 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

How is this a blunder that fans care about? Kroenke is footing the bill. The fans get to enjoy the world's best stadium. 

Just because they're spending 3x the money doesn't make it better...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Just because they're spending 3x the money doesn't make it better...

I mean, yeah it usually does....

Edit: put it this way. The Chiefs just won the Super Bowl. I could say "well that doesn't mean they were the best" because what is best is subjective. Costs is the easiest way to judge a stadium. Anything else is being argumentive just to be argumentive. 

Edited by LeotheLion

24 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I mean currently it is a shell in a hole in the ground. Therefore pretty much all other stadiums are nicer right now. 

Sure which I suppose would matter if games were taking place right now... 

Frankly, how nice the stadium is matters very little to me. I don't live in the area so will only make it out to games once every few years. But there's little doubt that once it is complete it will be world class. 

Edited by LeotheLion

I think I just don't understand how a project can be so far overbudget.

You can buy three of the raiders brand new, second most expensive stadium in the league for the cost of this one stadium.  Two of those stadiums would be bought with just the over budget funds...

Once you leave the atrium at Lambeau Field, you are immediately transported back to the 60s. It doesn't even have fountain drinks and has longer lines for the bathroom than the DMV. It'll still be a better stadium than this space ship. 

• Like 3