AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Well then, I guess that settles that.

So long as the Texans don't replace him with another great QB, I'll be happy.  If a QB is part of the package, it hopefully gets them fewer high end draft picks out of it.

Oh you 100% do it. My friend that I watch pretty all football with is a phins fan and lives down there so I watched A LOT of Dolphins games. Tua didn't really flash but once or twice and the rest he played awful. Looked lost. Held the ball to long. idk but the phins defense is solid to LEGIT. I think Howard might be the best CB in the NFL and they got Jones from the cowboys on the other side. Good LBs. Solid DL. OL could use a guy or two they also have solid weapons. Parker is a legit number 1 just cant stay up. Good TEs. If they found a way to keep that 3rd pick and get Watson. Like hope said SUPERBOWL. Take the WR with the 3rd pick and they will run the east. I really hope they do it

And Tua would be the texans QB lol and I dont trust them drafting so I like it for us as well. Anything to get Watson out of the south cause TLaw is coming. Its not fair lol

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Wow.  Every team from the AFCS is looking for a QB.  Except us.

Bizarro world.

And I think it's time for us to start looking for a serious replacement. One we can develop.

Maybe not this draft, but maybe the next.

This draft I like Kellen Mond's athletic ability and his arm. I think he could run a play-action heavy offense. Defined reads. Strong arm. 

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And I think it's time for us to start looking for a serious replacement. One we can develop.

Maybe not this draft, but maybe the next.

This draft I like Kellen Mond's athletic ability and his arm. I think he could run a play-action heavy offense. Defined reads. Strong arm. 

Ehh I would pass on looking towards a replacement already. Tanny's playing like a top 6-7 QB right now and 33 (next season) is still relatively young for a QB

Just now, dtait93 said:

Ehh I would pass on looking towards a replacement already. Tanny's playing like a top 6-7 QB right now and 33 (next season) is still relatively young for a QB

I'd give it some serious thought. 
Not sure how Tanny is going to play without Smith.

Not saying take one in the first 3 rounds, but maybe 4th or 5th. Likely this is just a backup replacement other than a true starter. 
I'd just want to try to develop one instead of picking one in the 7th only to cut before camp even starts.  lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'd give it some serious thought. 
Not sure how Tanny is going to play without Smith.

Not saying take one in the first 3 rounds, but maybe 4th or 5th. Likely this is just a backup replacement other than a true starter. 
I'd just want to try to develop one instead of picking one in the 7th only to cut before camp even starts.  lol

They've been spending fliers on QBs the last two drafts.  I'd expect them to do the same this year.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Please hire a guy that has never coached a day in his life.
Please hire a guy that was the emergency QB just this year. 

Please.......

I'm with ya. If you were to just ask me "do I think that McCown has what it takes to be a good HC one day if that's what he wanted to do," I'd say sure, why not. Played a long, long time in this league and at the most mentally taxing and important position, at that. Clearly a smart guy, good teammate.

But I'd love the Texans to roll that dice this early into his "retirement".

14 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm with ya. If you were to just ask me "do I think that McCown has what it takes to be a good HC one day if that's what he wanted to do," I'd say sure, why not. Played a long, long time in this league and at the most mentally taxing and important position, at that. Clearly a smart guy, good teammate.

But I'd love the Texans to roll that dice this early into his "retirement".

It is just a cluster!

How does he even get seriously interviewed?  lol
If it works, it will be close to the trend we saw in the NBA when freshly retired guys got to be HCs.

Crazy

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It is just a cluster!

How does he even get seriously interviewed?  lol
If it works, it will be close to the trend we saw in the NBA when freshly retired guys got to be HCs.

Crazy

Crazy but you know what, the trend sounds pretty cool from a fan perspective. A breath of fresh air in a pretty repetitive league.

Edited by deeluxx3

I mean, I thought almost as poorly of the Mike Vrabel hire, except for the fact that Vrabel had Super Bowls.

But he sucked as a DC, so I can't hate on them for almost doing the same thing the Titans.

That said, as a Titans fan, I really want this to happen now.