AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

my god, if they actually screw this up....i don’t want to let myself believe it

If they lose Deshaun, they’re in for a full three to five year rebuild. There’s no way the leadership in that locker room sticks around. Granted, they’ll have a head start on the rebuild with the three or four firsts they get for Watson.

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

If they lose Deshaun, they’re in for a full three to five year rebuild. There’s no way the leadership in that locker room sticks around. Granted, they’ll have a head start on the rebuild with the three or four firsts they get for Watson.

Got to actually get those picks right when you make them though.

Texans are in an interesting predicament. BOB gutted the team so bad that even if there was not this current Deshaun situation, it’s tough to see how they build around him. The new owner/GM situation seems like it will keep top free agents away. 

In a way the trade haul they would get for Deshaun could be a blessing in disguise. The big challenge is you have to find another legit QB which even with high picks is never a guarantee. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Texans are in an interesting predicament. BOB gutted the team so bad that even if there was not this current Deshaun situation, it’s tough to see how they build around him. The new owner/GM situation seems like it will keep top free agents away. 

In a way the trade haul they would get for Deshaun could be a blessing in disguise. The big challenge is you have to find another legit QB which even with high picks is never a guarantee. 

If I was them Id trade Watson for Tua the phins pick not the 3rd then the 1st next year and two 2nds lol. (I like the phins lol)

Also yes watching the texans just completely fall a part is amazing. Going from 24-3 on the KC looking primed to head to the AFC championship game vs us who they play hard and they could've won. SO from that to trading away a top 5 WR for NOTHING to having zero cap space and a superstar QB that CLEARLY wants out. LOLOL

I love it. 

26 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

If I was them Id trade Watson for Tua the phins pick not the 3rd then the 1st next year and two 2nds lol. (I like the phins lol)

Also yes watching the texans just completely fall a part is amazing. Going from 24-3 on the KC looking primed to head to the AFC championship game vs us who they play hard and they could've won. SO from that to trading away a top 5 WR for NOTHING to having zero cap space and a superstar QB that CLEARLY wants out. LOLOL

I love it. 

If you're the Dolphins, do you really want to offer that?  I didn't actually get to watch Tua this year, so I don't know how he was.  But a QB on a rookie contract with promise is a valuable commodity, even with Watson on the other side.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If you're the Dolphins, do you really want to offer that?  I didn't actually get to watch Tua this year, so I don't know how he was.  But a QB on a rookie contract with promise is a valuable commodity, even with Watson on the other side.

the phins with watson are instantly contending for super bowls. and tua looked like crap. so yeah you absolutely make that trade

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

the phins with watson are instantly contending for super bowls. and tua looked like crap. so yeah you absolutely make that trade

Well then, I guess that settles that.

So long as the Texans don't replace him with another great QB, I'll be happy.  If a QB is part of the package, it hopefully gets them fewer high end draft picks out of it.

Edited by Daniel