2020 Green Bay Packers Defensive Line

Shanedorf

On 5/30/2020 at 7:41 PM, VonKarman said:

Perhaps it's a stupid idea, but could Griffen play as a 3-4 DE? He's still available and if he could he'd make much more sense than Snacks.

I most definitely think he could. He's not a 250 pound guy. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, Skippy said:

Does anybody think we aren't really going to sign anybody at the tackle position?

It would be a mild surprise to me if we didn't start camp with what we have right now.  Along the way some team will have an extra DL that will be victim to the numbers game.  Think more of our former cut guys like Danny Muir, Lawrence Guy (who developed pretty well), Anthony Toribio.

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It would be a mild surprise to me if we didn't start camp with what we have right now.  Along the way some team will have an extra DL that will be victim to the numbers game.  Think more of our former cut guys like Danny Muir, Lawrence Guy (who developed pretty well), Anthony Toribio.

Lawrence Guy has carved out a nice career for himself.  9 years in the league, just a shade under $16M earned.  And that isn't counting $4M that he could make this year.

306 tackles, 11.5 sacks.  One Super Bowl ring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Lawrence Guy has carved out a nice career for himself.  9 years in the league, just a shade under $16M earned.  And that isn't counting $4M that he could make this year.

Absolutely.  Probably should have kept him around.  Like I said, there are serviceable DL that get cut at the end of camp.  Not by every team, but they can be found.  Honestly, if we found a clone of Lancaster to eat some snaps it would probably help.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, vegas492 said:

I hated that we gave up on him. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, craig said:

It's not inconceivable that Hester might be a minimum-wage type guy like that and end up with a similar career.   Heh heh, ideally help us get that super bowl ring this year!  :)

The comp we're looking for is Nick Williams!

An over aged 7th round journeyman with some solid skills and decent ratings: = Williams/Hester... At 29 yrs old, Williams is forced into extended snaps with Chicago in 2019. He responded with a breakout year.

If Hester can play like Williams did in 2019, the Packers are going to have a good DL.

Edited by Donzo
time delay

"Defensive tackle Damon Harrison welcomed his release from the Lions in February, but he hasn’t found the right place to continue his career yet.

Harrison made an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Thursday and said that he’s looking to join “a winning program” for his ninth NFL season. He said he’s spoken to a variety of teams and is still negotiating with some of them, but doesn’t feel much urgency to get a deal done right now.
“I’ve turned down a few offers,” Harrison said. “I’m not in a rush to make a decision because I control where I go and want to be as informed as possible.”

"Damon, this is God -  go to Green Bay"

From PackerNews

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/06/17/green-bay-packers-kingsley-keke-starting-show-every-play-potential/3177210001/

A second year in the defense and an offseason of training for that increased workload has Keke feeling confident he can make a push for more playing time.
“My rookie year I was learning a lot more, learning the defense,” Keke said.
And I feel a lot better going into year two of the defense so I feel like I can play a lot faster.”
To do that, Keke has been reshaping his body this offseason.

Early in his college career he played at over 300 pounds, then dropped weight to play defensive end as a senior. At the 2019 combine, he weighed in at 288 pounds. By the end of last season, he was about 295. He wants to stay in that range this season, but by working with Tramon Williams’ trainer Keke feels he is a stronger 295 to 300-pounder who can play at all spots on the defensive line.

“I just want to be good at everything, really, be versatile and be able to play the run and get to the quarterback,” Keke said. “I want to be an every-down player so that’s something I’m working hard to do right now.”

0974cb38-7816-46f1-851e-73c76957746d-pac

• Like 2