Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

Your S20 Trash Pandas:  Thoughts?

Personally, I am more confident in this roster than any of my previous seasons. Especially the offense.

I've upgraded at QB and my starting 5 on the offensive line is better than it has been. Caff is a beast. Should be interesting what the sim thinks of CHE. Hoping he is good enough in the sim and then is a tradable asset for me if the sim keeps going. I think swapping out Ertz for Waller is a push. While I'll miss Davante Adams for sure, the trio at WR I have is better than any other trio I've had since I took over.

The defense will largely swing on how the sim likes Chase Young and Isaiah Simmons. The rest of the defense (save for Chris Harris and Eddie Jackson) is a lot of good but unspectacular players.

QB: Carson Wentz (PHI)
RB: Christian McCaffery (CAR), Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC)
FB: Andy Janovich (DEN)
TE: Darren Waller (LV)
WR: T.Y. Hilton (IND), Allen Robinson (CHI), D.J. Moore (CAR)
OT: Jake Matthews (ATL), Jack Conklin (CLE)
OG: Andrew Norwell (JAX), D.J. Fluker (BAL)
C: Ryan Kelly (IND)
DE: Trey Flowers (DET), Chase Young (WAS)
DT: Michael Pierce (MIN), Ed Oliver (BUF)
OLB: Isaiah Simmons (ARI), Brian Burns (CAR)
MLB: Joe Schobert (JAX)
CB: Chris Harris Jr. (DEN), Kendall Fuller (WAS)
SS: Keanu Neal (ATL)
FS: Eddie Jackson (CHI)
K: Wil Lutz (NO)
P: Johnny Hekker (LAR)
HC: Bruce Arians (TB)
OC: Greg Roman (BAL)
DC: Vic Fangio (DEN)
STC: Dave Fipp (PHI)
PS: Tremaine Edmunds (BUF), Jalen Reagor (PHI)*, A.J. Terrell (ATL), Darius Slayton (NYG), Chase Winovich (NE)

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Personally, I am more confident in this roster than any of my previous seasons. Especially the offense.

I've upgraded at QB and my starting 5 on the offensive line is better than it has been. Caff is a beast. Should be interesting what the sim thinks of CHE. Hoping he is good enough in the sim and then is a tradable asset for me if the sim keeps going. I think swapping out Ertz for Waller is a push. While I'll miss Davante Adams for sure, the trio at WR I have is better than any other trio I've had since I took over.

The defense will largely swing on how the sim likes Chase Young and Isaiah Simmons. The rest of the defense (save for Chris Harris and Eddie Jackson) is a lot of good but unspectacular players.

PS: Tremaine Edmunds (BUF), Jalen Reagor (PHI)*, A.J. Terrell (ATL), Darius Slayton (NYG), Chase Winovich (NE)

Love your skill guys and your secondary. I think your front 7 and OL leave a lot to be desired, especially the OL.

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Why are you playing an EDGE guy (and a pretty good one) as a 4-3 OLB?

I debated back and forth there for a while. I kept both Trey Flowers and Brian Burns not really expecting Chase Young to make it to 3. Once he did, it was kind of an weird in between of what to do with 3 edge guys. The Panthers play a 3-4 starting last year so technically Burns is a 3-4 OLB and there are several teams that start a 3-4 OLB at 4-3 OLB with success in this sim. If it doesn't work, I prioritized getting Tremaine Edmunds on my PS who has been more than solid for me in the past 2 seasons. 

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I debated back and forth there for a while. I kept both Trey Flowers and Brian Burns not really expecting Chase Young to make it to 3. Once he did, it was kind of an weird in between of what to do with 3 edge guys. The Panthers play a 3-4 starting last year so technically Burns is a 3-4 OLB and there are several teams that start a 3-4 OLB at 4-3 OLB with success in this sim. If it doesn't work, I prioritized getting Tremaine Edmunds on my PS who has been more than solid for me in the past 2 seasons. 

I feel like it's a huge waste of talent to play an EDGE guy as a 4-3 backer.

I actually like your squad and as someone in the "OL doesn't matter club" I think you did a good job. You should be able to put up points with all the talent you have on offense. I think your interior DL is terrible and playing Burns out of position is confusing to me  - however, I think you'll be alright this year. 

Edited by Scalamania

15 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Love your skill guys and your secondary. I think your front 7 and OL leave a lot to be desired, especially the OL.

Fair, it is certainly how I constructed my roster. I spent most of my early picks on skill and secondary and deprioritized OL and LB. My front 7 depends on how Young and Simmons do in the sim. Schobert, Flowers and Peirce are all very consistent and solid sim performers, so I should have a good floor. 

OL is where I kept just getting players snipped in front of me. Although the 5 guys I have this year are better than the 5 I've had in previous years.

s19

Alejandro Villanueva [16 GS]: 16 pancakes, 12 sacks allowed, 19 stuffs allowed.
Connor Williams [11 GS]: 10 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 19 stuffs allowed.
Ryan Kelly [16 GS]: 24 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 20 stuffs allowed, 1 recovery.
Mark Glowinski [12 GS]: 18 pancakes, 3 sacks allowed, 19 stuffs allowed.
Jawaan Taylor [7 GS]: 14 pancakes, 4 sacks allowed, 12 stuffs allowed.

s18

Lane Johnson [16 GS]: 17 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 11 stuffs allowed.
Mark Glowinski [16 GS]: 12 pancakes, 9 sacks allowed, 10 stuffs allowed.
J.C. Tretter [16 GS]: 13 pancakes, 8 sacks allowed, 14 stuffs allowed.
Laken Tomlinson [4 GS]: 3 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed, 5 stuffs allowed.
Jack Conklin [16 GS]: 18 pancakes, 7 sacks allowed, 16 stuffs allowed, 1 recovery.

23 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I feel like it's a huge waste of talent to play an EDGE guy as a 4-3 backer.

I actually like your squad and as someone in the "OL doesn't matter club" I think you did a good job. You should be able to put up points with all the talent you have on offense. I think your interior DL is terrible and playing Burns out of position is confusing to me  - however, I think you'll be alright this year. 

There were actually several edge players playing 4-3 LB last season and just based on stats, I didn't seem to have a overall negative effect. But like I said, I picked Tremaine Edmunds in case it is going poorly and then I have a tradable edge player in either Burns or Flowers. Not the worst situation to be in.

Leonard Floyd [16 GS]: 84 tackles (8 stuffs), 4 coverages, 1 sack, 1 interception, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

Montez Sweat [16 GS]: 78 tackles (8 stuffs), 5 coverages, 6 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

Dante Fowler Jr. [16 GS]: 96 tackles (13 stuffs), 3 coverages, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries.

Matt Judon [16 GS]: 85 tackles (11 stuffs), 5 coverages, 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

Cameron Wake [16 GS]: 107 tackles (12 stuffs), 10 coverages, 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries.

Kyle Van Noy [16 GS]: 92 tackles (7 stuffs), 3 coverages, 7 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

There were actually several edge players playing 4-3 LB last season and just based on stats, I didn't seem to have a overall negative effect. But like I said, I picked Tremaine Edmunds in case it is going poorly and then I have a tradable edge player in either Burns or Flowers. Not the worst situation to be in.

Leonard Floyd [16 GS]: 84 tackles (8 stuffs), 4 coverages, 1 sack, 1 interception, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

Montez Sweat [16 GS]: 78 tackles (8 stuffs), 5 coverages, 6 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

Dante Fowler Jr. [16 GS]: 96 tackles (13 stuffs), 3 coverages, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries.

Matt Judon [16 GS]: 85 tackles (11 stuffs), 5 coverages, 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

Cameron Wake [16 GS]: 107 tackles (12 stuffs), 10 coverages, 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries.

Kyle Van Noy [16 GS]: 92 tackles (7 stuffs), 3 coverages, 7 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

Sweat played most of the season as a 3-4 OLB for me. I switched to a 4-3 late in the season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Pimp my squad time!! 
Kind of pumped for this season. Jimmy G has some weapons to play with and finally revamped my secondary after a brutal showing last season. 
Unleashing Jimmy this season! Let’s see what the sim has in store for him

This is a solid roster. I haven't done a full run through yet, but I imagine this is a team in contention

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This is unquestionably your best roster yet

Dare I say this is a playoff roster?