Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

I really under appreciated this league with how much effort I was putting into BDL and Mafia. But I really like this group of posters and I really like the setup and everything Nacho has built. For something to last this long on an internet site is incredible. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I was also sending sliders to a non-existent conversation so nothing was ever updated. I don't know how much I would trust Carr's S19 stats. 

Well speaking of sliders I think I’ll learn from last year and learn as I go through this season. Carr threw 8 INTs irl last year. I’m a bit turnover scarred from S19 where I had the worst turnover differential in the league at -15 and Josh Allen threw 15 INTs and fumbled 14 times. So Carr being captain check down I am very okay with at this point with the QBs that were available. 

17 minutes ago, Glen said:

Watson is 2 years older than Murray

Proven to be a better QB at the moment & in the sim

Jesus that trade.

Will process later

I was going to comment and say the same thing.

I would've given up so much more for Watson - what a steal for tammy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I was going to comment and say the same thing.

I would've given up so much more for Watson - what a steal for tammy.

ya'll must have missed my 10 other trades lol

clearly I don't care about now 

Edited by swoosh

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t get this philosophy when there might not be a later

I'll preface this by saying I don't do this if I'm not coming off a championship. With that being said, my philosophy was rather simple. I was down my 1st and 2nd round picks this year, as well as a mid round pick, had the last pick in each round, and more teams than usual were going all in. Quite frankly, I didn't like my odds to repeat. Since I didn't feel I could compete for another championship, I decided to go against the grain and get some incredible value for picks next year. 

Watson trade aside, I turned this:

3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th

into this:

1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Also, keep in mind I had the last pick in each round. That is value that has never been seen before. And it goes without saying that the only reason people paid those prices is because there is doubts about next season. I'm well aware of that, but that's the gamble I take. But is it really much a gamble if I don't think I can win this year anyway? Not really. 

Let's also be honest, this league will go on. The question is will Nacho be at the helm. I've made it clear I will call it quits the day Nacho calls it quits, so with these trades I'm obviously hoping Nacho stays but if not, I step the next owner up pretty nicely to bring in "their" roster. 

The Watson/Murray was more of a ****s and giggles type move. If Murray has the season I think he will, I win the trade. If not, then I lose. Simple as that. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

Never would've expected Watson to be available

He wasn't really. Rammy approached me this morning and I was intrigued by Murray. You didn't have the pieces to make a trade for Watson work for me, even if you could have offered better "value". I would have needed a potential franchise QB back.